WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2021

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,335 Member
    Pip – Hope your toe gets better fast!

Rebecca – I’m the only one in our house who eats blueberries too. When they’re on sale and in season, I freeze them. I have a big bag of frozen blueberries in the freezer right now (in addition to corn, cherries, grapes)

Michele NC
  • kizanne2
    kizanne2 Posts: 123 Member
    edited July 2021
    Wow work is just so busy right now.
    Allie - I hope the doctors can figure out what's going on.

Rebecca Love the post. I also eat grapefruit LOL and I'm a hermit

Pip ouch. I can't believe you just kept going. I"m a wuss and would just wait a few days.

Tracy - I"m so jealous your daughter did that. I'd love a little help cleaning and organizing from my 22 year old
    who lives here. She's on break from college for 1 month I'll be lucky to get some dishes out of her.

Michele - I love bowling

Carol around here if your AC is the old freon they won't charge it they will only 'upgrade' it to a newer more environmentally friendly system for so many dollars you just need an new car type price. Hope they charge the system.

Sue it is so nice of you to rearrange everything to help your mom. Our MIL lives with us and it was a big adjustment.

Welcome Zagadee and PDD sign your posts so we know what to call you :)

RVRita your pictures are great. I had to get some of my own in here.

As soo as my husband puts clean laundry on the bed this happens.

uwu0ee0a3fw3.jpg

With the new eating style I am trying new foods. I have never had true lox. It is traditionally done on cream cheese and a bagel. I had it with russian probiotic soft cheese on a millet and flax chip. I added blue berries and a side of fermented/pickled jicama/onions/carrots/jalepeno. It was a great start to the day. I had a bowl of beef vegetable soup shortly after.
    z31sj1n50912.jpg

While today is going good. I had some stress at the job and some company so I've been over on my carbs for a few days. The calories have been ok. I'm back on track even though it looks like this whole year is going to be stressful at work. I'm trying to be better at letting go. If not then I'll let go of the job. In recent years it has become very apparent that my job is effecting my health. I am trying to find a better work / life balance but if not...

Kiz
    North FLorida

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
    Dddd
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    exermom wrote: »
    Did a body pump DVD then went for my walk. You know, I get so sweaty that I’m seriously considering not wearing a bra when I go for my morning walk. Does anyone else go braless? The plan for tomorrow is to do an Interval Party DVD

Michele NC

Never! I wouldn’t be able to do a leisurely walk let alone an aerobic walk without a bra.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • pipcd34
    edited July 2021
    Exer mom -Not for our walks biking or gym workouts, gotta wear a sports bra, they 2 big
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    :)Michele can you go for your walk earlier in the morning when it's cooler
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,937 Member
    kizanne2 wrote: »
    Wow work is just so busy right now.
    Allie - I hope the doctors can figure out what's going on.

Rebecca Love the post. I also eat grapefruit LOL and I'm a hermit

Pip ouch. I can't believe you just kept going. I"m a wuss and would just wait a few days.

Tracy - I"m so jealous your daughter did that. I'd love a little help cleaning and organizing from my 22 year old
    who lives here. She's on break from college for 1 month I'll be lucky to get some dishes out of her.

Michele - I love bowling

Carol around here if your AC is the old freon they won't charge it they will only 'upgrade' it to a newer more environmentally friendly system for so many dollars you just need an new car type price. Hope they charge the system.

Sue it is so nice of you to rearrange everything to help your mom. Our MIL lives with us and it was a big adjustment.

Welcome Zagadee and PDD sign your posts so we know what to call you :)

RVRita your pictures are great. I had to get some of my own in here.

As soo as my husband puts clean laundry on the bed this happens.

uwu0ee0a3fw3.jpg

With the new eating style I am trying new foods. I have never had true lox. It is traditionally done on cream cheese and a bagel. I had it with russian probiotic soft cheese on a millet and flax chip. I added blue berries and a side of fermented/pickled jicama/onions/carrots/jalepeno. It was a great start to the day. I had a bowl of beef vegetable soup shortly after.
    z31sj1n50912.jpg

While today is going good. I had some stress at the job and some company so I've been over on my carbs for a few days. The calories have been ok. I'm back on track even though it looks like this whole year is going to be stressful at work. I'm trying to be better at letting go. If not then I'll let go of the job. In recent years it has become very apparent that my job is effecting my health. I am trying to find a better work / life balance but if not...

Kiz
    North FLorida

one of our cats looks just like yours(we now are down to 6 in the house) and Miso loves my husband's jeans. So content.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Did a body pump DVD then went for my walk. You know, I get so sweaty that I’m seriously considering not wearing a bra when I go for my morning walk. Does anyone else go braless? The plan for tomorrow is to do an Interval Party DVD

Michele NC

Never! I wouldn’t be able to do a leisurely walk let alone an aerobic walk without a bra.

Okie in the TX Hill Country

Totally agree- I had to go change bras to put on my sports bra because I am heading to Zumba-30 yrs ago, sure(I was flat back then) but not now
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,335 Member

kiz – I’m no where near being a good bowler. Last week my handicap was in the triple digits...lol But I have fun talking to the other people. Everyone is so nice. Laundry that just came out of the dryer REALLY attracts “helpers”

barbie – I usually go for my walk early in the morning! It’s certainly a lot cooler than than if I waited until around 9

Just got back from ceramics. Snow White may be done on Wednesday. And if not the following Monday.

Michele NC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    Evening ladies
    What.a chatty. Bunch.. well Jim was at his place for a bit this afternoon so i went for a visit,we chatted it up and had a good time he thinks a week from Thursday he will be in full time..
    Michelle- got the letter from insurance that it is covered but havent heard from the place yet on when it will arrive..
    Alfie and I are tucked in and as usual,Alfie under the covers hogging the bed
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,835 Member
    skuehn48 wrote: »
    My mother is going to be moving in with DD and me the beginning of September. She will be 97 next Sunday and has decided she wants to quit driving and could use a little more help with some things. So yesterday we moved a new bed into our guest room. We moved the daybed that was in the guest room into the library and the setee that was in the library into the living room. We also put a new nightstand in the guest room and mom's desk and a chair will go there. DD will take the nightstand that was there and her current one will go on freecycle. We had a struggle getting the daybed moved but we and it survived. We have company coming this week so needed to get things done.

Everyone take care Sue in WA

That sounds good!

I am hoping that I will be able to move back to Canada before my parents get too much older so that I'm there to help them out. Thankfully, they're OK right now ... 80 and fairly fit. In fact, they've both been on a diet to lose some weight so that their health stats improve.

M in Oz

• Machka9
    Lagopus wrote: »
    Ha ha! I went out jogging this afternoon and just as I set off, I met a car with German licence plates and a big white globe on top with an array of a dozen or so cameras. On the side of the car it said "Apple maps image collection vehicle." We live at the turnaround, so the car turned around and followed me for a good minute until I had cleared the one-lane bridge just west of us. Then it passed me, all its eyes looking me over once more. Jeez, I hope they anonymize their images!

/Penny, soon to be unintentionally seen around the world as the anonymous jogger not far from the
    t07190.gif

I wish the Google van would come here and map many of the roads. I'm trying to create cycling routes and I can't "see" the roads!

M in Oz
  • Machka9

Michele NC

Not possible ... especially not now that I've had Pfizer. I'm hoping the situation is temporary, otherwise I'll have to go shopping. I have various sports bras for exercise and even though I've lost a bit of weight, all of them are tight right now.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/women-are-claiming-boobs-get-bigger-after-having-pfizer-jab/news-story/507c2b8d36cd53cec5072f567e7dd1d7

M in Oz
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    :)Michele, I just looked at the weather forecast for where you live and realized that the temperature at 6 AM at your house is the same as the temperature here at noon. Early morning isn't very cool for you. When I go out in the morning the temperature is about 55 degrees.

<3 Barbie
  • pipcd34
    Sssss
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Auntiebk yes my mother gets physicals but she tells the doctor everything is fine. And she won't let me go with her. At least so far.
    The next one is in November.

I have been down this road with a few relatives. One thing that is common is the denial from the patient. Most all of them have called the doctors office without the patients knowledge. I would do it to tell them your concerns, that leaves it in the doctors hands not yours and you don’t need to argue with her.

They are trained in this you aren’t.
    Tracey
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Thank you all so much for the craftroom comments.
    Kaitlyn (YD) loves organizing and cleaning and has since she was a very young girl. It is her thing to do when she’s searching for peace.
    On Friday night her and I had to move the big shelf into the craft room room after DH had gone to bed. As we are trying to quietly get it down the hall, Kaitlyn starts laughing hysterically but silently and has to drop her end. It took a couple minutes for her laugh to be controlled and she tells me this is reminding me of my teenage years redecorating my room in the middle of the night and not wake you and Dad up. I then cracked up laughing.

Rita - thanks so much for the spray recipe. I’m going to try it!

There was so much more I wanted to comment on but didn’t take notes. I only got home at 800 tonight because I went to IKEA after work to exchange some items and the main thing I needed is out of stock. Because my Granddaughter enjoyed it so much last time I took her I invited her to go with me, then we had supper. It was a great evening.

I’ll catch up more tomorrow
    Tracey in Edmonton
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: canceled Aug Dr. appt, called T.RowePrice re: RMDA (not ‘til next year when I turn 72), tried to reconcile Medicare part B statements: called billing office for detailed statement, dogs to powerline, drafted fire district volunteer/membership application form, contacted SDAO HR expert, email exchange with Chief and President, revised form and printed, drop off form and cookies to firehall, take BP.
    Bonus: picked up trash from cistern path, chopped another tarpload of salal, watched a City Confidential with Joe.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, call and cancel Greeley reservations, line dancing, make goat milk cheese, figure out how to see what’s using all our mobile data, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: research NFPA, grant NIMS requirements, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, , confer with Susan and Rhonda about interest for serving on next board, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Nothing but You, Do Your Thing, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick; practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    Jump back July:
    26-Catch yourself over-reacting and take a deep breath: Boy did I need that today!

“reconcile Medicare part B” put a “Big Mess! Hold for detailed statement.” note on the EOBs and Invoices. Looks like billing office applied 3/25 payment partially to many different procedure codes, not paying any completely, leaving balances due. Have had trouble before with them confusing payments to Joe’s account with mine. Joe’s bills should be completely covered by his Part B supplemental, while mine has a $2K deductible. Started to get upset. Took a breath, stood up, walked away.

Annie if you spoke with her Dr in confidence, do you think the Dr could evaluate without giving you away? Hard times.
    Welcome @zagadee in GA. Most of us here don’t do the “friend” think but check in daily for accountability, connection and support.
    Rita How often do you spray your magic spray? What a great gift of presence you gave your friend.
    Sue in WA Brava and ((hugs)) for this new, caregiving chapter.
    @pdd1216 in TN, con VERY gratulations on the scale (not calendar) victory. ;)
    Penny that Apple maps collection vehicle would have creeped me out.
    Pip you ran a couple of miles with a bruised/sprained/broken pinkie toe? :noway: Hope it really does feel better.
    Rebecca your grapefruit meme made me snort my water! Thanks!
    Kiz would you share your pickled jicama/jalapeno/carrot/onions recipe? Sounds yummy!
    Michele like Okie my answer is never. The rib and collarbone bruises would be too painful ;}
    Machka oh noooo! Say it ain’t so about the Pfizer effect!!!
    Tracey your advice to Annie was right on point.
    Kim took your advice and knocked a few items off the "to do" list. Yes I do feel better, less unsettled. Thanks!

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    July: leaner/stronger/kinder than June.
    daily: sit with Joe: 28, weigh/wii: 25/0/0; steps>6701=5086 vits=23.5, log=26, CI<CO=23, CI<250<CO=22, Tumble=19, Shadow=21, mfp=25, outside=33, up hill=27, clean 10=12.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD=. Wed:TC=3, PW=2. Thurs: Fri:TC=4. Sat:PW=4. rX x5=4.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/4: 140.7 7/11: 142.9 grr! 7/18: 141.8
    7/25: 140.4  7/31:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=, 21 plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF=17 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • Machka9
    kg1f2k8au6wk.png

And then sometimes I go for a run ...

jhxx07ces7xk.png

Machka in Oz
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,444 Member
    Pip – Hope your toe gets better fast!

Rebecca – I’m the only one in our house who eats blueberries too. When they’re on sale and in season, I freeze them. I have a big bag of frozen blueberries in the freezer right now (in addition to corn, cherries, grapes)

Michele NC

Yep me too!💖.