Help!! Can't Loose Weight!!

13»

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    OP--your profile says that you are female. Most everyone is assuming you are male because of your username. If you are female, you are still eating a VLCD unless your logging is off. There are stickie posts that deal with logging correctly. A female has water weight that comes into play. Yes, something in your thinking is very off because I'm a 66 yr old 5'11" female whose goal weight is 70 kg, and that puts me smack in the center of a healthy weight. You are shorter, so you would not be "skin and bones" at 70 kg. I hope you manage to straighten it all out.

It's best to go back to the beginning and plug your stats into MFP and get your daily calorie goal. Then get a digital food scale (this is just as important as weighing yourself on a scale) and start weighing and measuring everything you eat and drink. Ditch the prepared meals for two weeks. Stay within your daily calorie goal everyday eating normally for two weeks. See what happens.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,768 Member
    OP--your profile says that you are female. Most everyone is assuming you are male because of your username. If you are female, you are still eating a VLCD unless your logging is off. There are stickie posts that deal with logging correctly. A female has water weight that comes into play. Yes, something in your thinking is very off because I'm a 66 yr old 5'11" female whose goal weight is 70 kg, and that puts me smack in the center of a healthy weight. You are shorter, so you would not be "skin and bones" at 70 kg. I hope you manage to straighten it all out.

It's best to go back to the beginning and plug your stats into MFP and get your daily calorie goal. Then get a digital food scale (this is just as important as weighing yourself on a scale) and start weighing and measuring everything you eat and drink. Ditch the prepared meals for two weeks. Stay within your daily calorie goal everyday eating normally for two weeks. See what happens.

I agree with everything you've said but need to point out that despite what it says on the OP's profile, in the opening sentence of the thread they self-identify as male: Let me start with the basics, I'm a 26 year old British male, 5'8" and weigh 107kg (236lbs).

My husband is the same height as the OP and 70kg is a comfortable weight for him. During 7 years of renal dialysis his 'dry weight' was kept at 65kg by his medical team, at which point he was pretty lean, but even then he didn't fit the description of 'skin and bone'.
  • snowflake954

I agree with everything you've said but need to point out that despite what it says on the OP's profile, in the opening sentence of the thread they self-identify as male: Let me start with the basics, I'm a 26 year old British male, 5'8" and weigh 107kg (236lbs).

My husband is the same height as the OP and 70kg is a comfortable weight for him. During 7 years of renal dialysis his 'dry weight' was kept at 65kg by his medical team, at which point he was pretty lean, but even then he didn't fit the description of 'skin and bone'.

You're right, but then the OP needs to clear that up--their profile says female. It does make a difference in the advice given.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,768 Member

You're right, but then the OP needs to clear that up--their profile says female. It does make a difference in the advice given.

Yep, agreed that it does make a difference regarding the advice offered.

• snowflake954

Yep, agreed that it does make a difference regarding the advice offered.

Not only that, but when they plug their stats into MFP for their daily calorie goal it won't be correct, since there's a difference for males and females. This is for lurkers--check out your profile, and make sure there are not mistakes in your stats.