What irks you today?

Replies

• emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 478 Member
    Mondays.

Work issues, bad hair day, raging PMS, stomach problems, and yet another rejection for a job application I put in… all within an hour of getting out of bed.

So hard to stay positive when the day is off to this rough of a start.
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 4,019 Member
    I need to rsvp to a wedding & my oldest away at school isn’t answering me about whether he can take the time
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,722 Member
    My boss set up a 10:00 am appt which is way too early for me to be nice to people and interferes with my pacing the office because the boss isn't in yet time (he usually comes in around 11:00 or so).

My backup activity tracker that still had a working battery died the other night so I'm tdeeless until the batteries I bought come tomorrow.

I'm actually thinking of buying a cheapie activity tracker with the pretty colored watch faces that are charged by usb but couldn't find a non fitbit one that showed tdee on the display and not just in the app. (I tried a miband 5 and liked it but didn't like it only showing actually exercise calories.)
  • redux1985
    redux1985 Posts: 231 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    My boss set up a 10:00 am appt which is way too early for me to be nice to people and interferes with my pacing the office because the boss isn't in yet time (he usually comes in around 11:00 or so).

My backup activity tracker that still had a working battery died the other night so I'm tdeeless until the batteries I bought come tomorrow.

I'm actually thinking of buying a cheapie activity tracker with the pretty colored watch faces that are charged by usb but couldn't find a non fitbit one that showed tdee on the display and not just in the app. (I tried a miband 5 and liked it but didn't like it only showing actually exercise calories.)

It's a first world irk, but it checks out.

I have one of those ultra cheap activity trackers and it's actually pretty good, absolutely no chance of TDEE on mine though.
  • glassyo
    redux1985 wrote: »

I have one of those ultra cheap activity trackers and it's actually pretty good, absolutely no chance of TDEE on mine though.

Ooooo what kind? I actually still have a fitbit altahr but OMG DID THAT THING OVERCOMPENSATE ON EXERCISE CALORIES!
  • redux1985

Ooooo what kind? I actually still have a fitbit altahr but OMG DID THAT THING OVERCOMPENSATE ON EXERCISE CALORIES!

Mine is an Amazon Chinese-export special made by the imaginitively named 'veryfitpro' :D it does have a smartphone app to sync with but isn't compatible with MFP. Calories are never, ever right. What it does do well is count steps though.
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,578 Member

Mine is an Amazon Chinese-export special made by the imaginitively named 'veryfitpro' :D it does have a smartphone app to sync with but isn't compatible with MFP. Calories are never, ever right. What it does do well is count steps though.

I also use veryfitpro. Always wondered if my calories were accurate but now reading your comment I'm leaning towards No lol but I do like the other features. I can't be on my phone much at work so it's nice to still get my notifications through the watch.
  • redux1985
    edited September 2023

I also use veryfitpro. Always wondered if my calories were accurate but now reading your comment I'm leaning towards No lol but I do like the other features. I can't be on my phone much at work so it's nice to still get my notifications through the watch.

It is really good for the money, honestly I thought I was the only person in the northern hemisphere to own one of these, my ex-gf gave it to me as a Christmas stocking filler years ago. I can't with any scientific authority that the calories aren't right, but I'm 99% sure they're a bit high.
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,578 Member

It is really good for the money, honestly I thought I was the only person in the northern hemisphere to own one of these, my ex-gf gave it to me as a Christmas stocking filler years ago. I can't with any scientific authority that the calories aren't right, but I'm 99% sure they're a bit high.

Mine was a hand-me-down from my daughter. She replaced it with the really expensive one and it's been a few years now so definitely durable
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,399 Member
    Classes that go on and on and on
  • glassyo

Every once in a while I check out activity trackers on amazon and probably came across it. I really only care about the calories and maybe the detecting movement features. And it has to detach from the band because I do a lot of walking dvds while playing on my tablet and most trackers won't pick up the non swinging of the hands :)

I don't keep my phone on me at all times so being able to view the all day tracking on the display is really helpful to know where I am at all times.

I have a feeling only fitbit does this tho.
  • glassyo
    Argh! The batteries came and it works again but I can't get the stupid teeny tiny screws back in. I have rubberbands on each end to hold it together but it's hard to get into my ankle strap (for the dvds) and definitely won't fit into the watch band.
  • itchmyTwitch
    My neighbor has his dogs outside and they are crying and I feel so bad for them
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,266 Member
    ___Tams___ wrote: »
    I've burnt the roof of my mouth, the skin is peeling and it hurts 😫

That ruins a meal.
  • Ashkea76
    Ashkea76 Posts: 7,162 Member
    Narcissistic Time Vampires
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited September 2023
    My boss in my office talking to me about old timey slang, esp. ww2 slang, all because someone used the phrase “when Hector was a pup.”
  • redux1985
    Ashkea76 wrote: »

Either you are being visited (and irked) by well-dressed, self obsessed, real life vampires from the Victorian era who have mastered time travel to terrorise people in the 21st century.

Or you have an outstanding turn of phrase and have just invented the best description for a very specific group of people. "No Brian, I don't want to hear about the details of your exquisite holiday in Lausanne again, we were supposed to have left the office 20 minutes ago".
  • Ashkea76
    Ashkea76 Posts: 7,162 Member
    Ashkea76 wrote: »

Either you are being visited (and irked) by well-dressed, self obsessed, real life vampires from the Victorian era who have mastered time travel to terrorise people in the 21st century.

Or you have an outstanding turn of phrase and have just invented the best description for a very specific group of people. "No Brian, I don't want to hear about the details of your exquisite holiday in Lausanne again, we were supposed to have left the office 20 minutes ago".

Similar to the latter, but worse....SO much worse.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,735 Member
    My client for next week just sent me 14 WebEx invitations 😑
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 14,632 Member
    I’ve waited 4mos. to no avail.
    It’s going in the mail.