Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 156

Replies

• chublet25
    chublet25 Posts: 833 Member
    Height: 5'8"
    Lifestyle Plan: Primal Blueprint

17: DNW 🥚 Got stung by something last night while sitting at a friend's house. Not positive what it was, but I had a pretty significant reaction within a couple minutes. Most of my forearm was red with a big welt. Then I started to feel really weird, thought I may have a sudden fever because I had cold sweats, my heart rate was 121 (which I didn't know until checking Fitbit this morning), told my friend that something was wrong and that I needed to get inside to the couch. Apparently, after that I stood up, took a couple of steps up onto her front stoop, and stumbled into the front doorway, hitting my head and scraping my knee as I tried to catch myself from completely falling down. She said I kind of crumpled into a sitting position on the stoop and was briefly responsive but then completely fainted. I remember coming to and asking what just happened. She called 911 and had someone come check on me, but thankfully I was feeling much better even in the few minutes it took them to get there. I later ended up having hives on both wrists and my hands were very itchy until I iced them. I've never fainted in my life and have never had a systemic reaction to any type of insect sting or bite, so I'm hoping to see a doctor on Monday for some follow up. Taking it easy and tracking the continual growth of the welt on my forearm today while I get lots of rest, benadryl, and ice.
    18:
    19:
    20:

There's no such thing as failure; only feedback.

It sounds like you had an anaphylactic response to whatever it was that stung you. The anaphylactic shock can cause a drop in blood pressure along with the hives you ended up with. I hope you feel better and I hope your doctor prescribes you epi pens just in case you get stung next time and you're unresponsive for a longer period of time and/or your breathing is affected. I would also ask for allergy testing too. Often times for stinging insects/bees they can do a blood test so you don't have to deal with a skin scratch test.

I grew up with my mom going into anaphylactic shock countless times due to very severe food allergies. It's a scary experience when you don't know what's happening in your body. I hope it gets figured out for you!

Thank you! 💜

Sorry I missed this original post; that must have been so scary! Glad you're ok.
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 3,974 Member
    @PrimalJillian, Good grief! What a frightening experience. Thank goodness your friend was with you.

@Deepwoodslady, Donna you're doing so well! ❤

@Quiltingjaine, Happy Keto-versary! LOL. Wow. 11 years. I think it's 10y + months. I've really been on MFP since 2009, but under a different name and password until 2011. So, all that means is that I haven't learned to keep the weight off! 🤣

@SheilaBoneham, That peach cobbler! Enjoy! I don't think I've made one for about 3-4 years. I was going to make one this summer, but I'll have to settle for a spinach peach smoothie instead.
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 3,974 Member
    edited July 2021
  • fmfdfa2020
    fmfdfa2020 Posts: 890 Member
    Height: 5'8"
    Lifestyle Plan: Primal Blueprint

h2smo4t2a4n5.jpg

m2jzdb5p2mah.jpg

Progress Photo July 2019-January 2020
    2i0gymzaz869.jpeg

Goals:
    -Release 2 lbs per round
    -80% Primal
    -Follow Ashley Black's 12-week fascia recovery program

Incremental Goals:
    229.xx ✅ August 19, 2019
    219.xx ✅ September 21, 2019
    209.xx ✅ October 27, 2019
    199.xx
    189.xx
    179.xx
    Ultimate Goal: 175 lbs, reevaluate at that point

Historical SW: 251.6 lbs 9/14/2015
    Restart W: 241.6 7/12/2019
    Restart W: 206.6 3/31/2021

R146 EW: 200.0 Goal ✅
    R147 EW: 197.3 Goal ✅
    R148 EW: 200.0 Goal ❌
    R149 EW: 199.8 Goal ❌
    R150 EW: 198.6 Goal ❌

👙⛱️🌡️July🌡️⛱️👙
    12: 206.9 🥚It's been challenging for me to keep any kind of healthy routine with the kids home from school. Today is my day 1 to turn this around before any more time passes. My weight is up, but taking into consideration that I'm in my ovulation week this will likely drop quickly by the end of the round.
    13: 204.6 🥚 Heading out the door for day 2 at the gym. Really happy with my how yesterday went with elliptical, IF, supplements, and 88oz of water. Could've done better on carbs, but had the meal planned/purchased before I decided to get back on track.
    14: 204.9 🥚 Small uptick is almost certainly from water retention. My muscles are very sore today from two consecutive days at the gym after taking a few weeks off. I also did a full body facia blasting session last night. Today is a rest day from the gym and blasting.
    15: 204.9 🥚 Still sticking to my healthy routine. By Sunday, I should see I significant drop.
    16: 205.6 🥚 Rolled my left ankle pretty badly yesterday. It's bruised and swollen, but I can walk almost normally. Lots of ice, arnica, and ibuprofen. No gym for at least a couple of days. Had a few drinks with friends last night and a little bit of bar food. Not even worried about the gain. It'll be gone soon. Had a fun night, and that's the important part to me.
    17: DNW 🥚 Got stung by something last night while sitting at a friend's house. Not positive what it was, but I had a pretty significant reaction within a couple minutes. Most of my forearm was red with a big welt. Then I started to feel really weird, thought I may have a sudden fever because I had cold sweats, my heart rate was 121 (which I didn't know until checking Fitbit this morning), told my friend that something was wrong and that I needed to get inside to the couch. Apparently, after that I stood up, took a couple of steps up onto her front stoop, and stumbled into the front doorway, hitting my head and scraping my knee as I tried to catch myself from completely falling down. She said I kind of crumpled into a sitting position on the stoop and was briefly responsive but then completely fainted. I remember coming to and asking what just happened. She called 911 and had someone come check on me, but thankfully I was feeling much better even in the few minutes it took them to get there. I later ended up having hives on both wrists and my hands were very itchy until I iced them. I've never fainted in my life and have never had a systemic reaction to any type of insect sting or bite, so I'm hoping to see a doctor on Monday for some follow up. Taking it easy and tracking the continual growth of the welt on my forearm today while I get lots of rest, benadryl, and ice.
    18:
    19:
    20:

There's no such thing as failure; only feedback.

@PrimalJillian

I have gone into Anaphylactic Shock numerous times throughout my life because of peanuts, and came close to dying twice when young, and then later in my 20's and 40's. For the past 10 years, I don't eat anything that I don't make or that I can't read the ingredients. It's just not worth it. Anaphylaxis is dangerous and can be life threatening which can turn into Anaphylactic Shock.

I just happen to have an order for an allergy blood test in front of me for next week, and they have on it what is called a Stinging Insect Panel which includes honeybees, white faced hornet, wasps, and yellow jackets. As horrible and scary of a reaction you had, I'm glad it was somewhere you could have gotten help if needed, instead of hiking in the middle of no where. Now you have a chance to get an EpiPen, and be prepared (I carry two). Even with an Epi Pen you still have to get medical attention within 20 mins or so.

Good luck. I hope they can determine the cause.
  • Shannonsto
    Shannonsto Posts: 450 Member
    Highest (2012) 230.8
    Starting Again (1/1/21) 215.2
    Goal 140

Round 152–Start 189, End 185.4 (-3.6)
    Round 153–Start 185.4, End 184.2 (-1.2)
    Round 154–Start 184.2, End 183.0 (-1.2)
    Round 155-Start 183.0, End 180.4 (-2.6)

SW: 180.4
    Challenge Goal: 178.4

Adding my Happy Scale Trend because these fluctuations are messing with my head. The trend gives me a better view of my overall progress.

Day/Weight/Comment
    7/11-180.8, Trend 181.1
    7/12-179.4, Trend 180.9
    7/13-178.6, Trend 180.4
    7/14-179.0, Trend 180.0. Treated ourselves to Denny’s yesterday, so I was waaayyyy over my points. I’m surprised the scale didn’t rise more.
    7/15-178.0, Trend 179.7
    7/16-178.8, Trend 179.3
    7/17-178.2, Trend 179.0
    7/18-179.0, Trend 178.7 🪀
    7/19-
    7/20-

Round Progress— -1.4
  • musicsax
    musicsax Posts: 4,264 Member
    @playhardkf2017 - good luck for the 2nd round interview tomorrow, I'll be sending positive vibes all day x
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,778 Member
    @quiltingjaine Happy Keto-versary!!!! You look fantastic!
  • musicsax
    musicsax Posts: 4,264 Member
    @quiltingjaine - love seeing your progress photo's, well done fantastic results!! You look amazing x
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    @quiltingjaine - Your photo comparison is very inspiring! Thanks for sharing them with us ... and your journey.