Does anyone else have any weird habits with food?

13»

Replies

• futuresylph
    futuresylph Posts: 2,178 Member
    edited July 2021
    glassyo wrote: »

I disagreed because BLUE TASTES DIFFERENT, DAMMIT!!!!!

And it's far inferior, especially to my beloved tan M&Ms they replaced. <shaking fist and grumbling since 1995>
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,570 Member

I disagreed because BLUE TASTES DIFFERENT, DAMMIT!!!!!

And it's far inferior, especially to my beloved tan M&Ms they replaced. <shaking fist and grumbling since 1995>

I do want purple back because it's my favorite color but then it would have to fight it out with green for the saving the best for last spot.

I...I...I'm not sure I could survive that.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,688 Member
    Growing up I used to think my dad was weird for putting his Snicker's into the freezer, but these days some gas station convenience stores keep a selection of candy bars refrigerated, so I guess his weirdness was contagious.
  • nossmf
    I used to dip carrot sticks into catsup... and my daughter enjoys white rice mixed with BBQ sauce.
  • glassyo
    nossmf wrote: »
    I used to dip carrot sticks into catsup... and my daughter enjoys white rice mixed with BBQ sauce.

I tried the rice with bbq sauce thing. It was ok but it's hard to find bbq sauce that doesn't have any kind of kick to it.

(I'm sensitive, ya know.)
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    • If I eat peanuts, I first eat the halves without the sprout, then the halves with sprouts, then the whole peanuts.
    • The best spaghetti sauce is molten butter with a large scoop of brown sugar.
    • French fries with sunny-side up eggs and use the yolk as dip
    • Instant mash, with fresh nutmeg and chives, topped with sunny-side up eggs is a long time favorite comfort food for me
  • boilerdawg2009
    boilerdawg2009 Posts: 979 Member
    I take things apart as I eat them. Mostly with candy. With Peanut M&Ms, or any variety that has something inside the chocolate, I'll bite just hard enough to separate the chocolate from the peanut, then I'll eat the chocolate and candy coating from the peanut. Then I'll separate the two halves of the peanut and eat them one at a time. With a KitKat I'll eat the chocolate first, then try to separate the wafers and lick off the peanut butter or whatever it is that holds them together. Same process with Twix. Basically I take the Oreo approach to anything I can lol
  • nossmf
    I tried the rice with bbq sauce thing. It was ok but it's hard to find bbq sauce that doesn't have any kind of kick to it.

My daughter prefers our homemade BBQ sauce, which is a sweet sauce rather than tangy or smoky. Try this:

1/4 cup ketchup (yes, I realize I spelled the word catsup earlier...I grew up west coast, went to college east coast)
    1 tbsp sugar
    1 tbsp teriyaki
    1/2 tbsp vinegar
    Seasoned salt and garlic powder to taste

We use it almost exclusively on chicken, but it works whether the chicken is baked or grilled. Also excellent with frozen chicken strips/nuggets. (We eat a lot of chicken in my house, if you couldn't tell.)
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Antiopelle wrote: »
      The best spaghetti sauce is molten butter with a large scoop of brown sugar.

go to jail

As a kid I would hate if things touched on my plate, now I don't mind so much. I would also eat my meals one part at a time. I don't do that so much anymore, but I think a lot of that is because most of the food I make is a one-pot thing where everything's all mixed together and served in a bowl. It's relatively rare for me to make a meal with a discrete main and sides served separately on a plate these days, even something like baked fish with steamed veggies and rice will be served in a bowl.
  • glassyo
    nossmf wrote: »

My daughter prefers our homemade BBQ sauce, which is a sweet sauce rather than tangy or smoky. Try this:

1/4 cup ketchup (yes, I realize I spelled the word catsup earlier...I grew up west coast, went to college east coast)
    1 tbsp sugar
    1 tbsp teriyaki
    1/2 tbsp vinegar
    Seasoned salt and garlic powder to taste

We use it almost exclusively on chicken, but it works whether the chicken is baked or grilled. Also excellent with frozen chicken strips/nuggets. (We eat a lot of chicken in my house, if you couldn't tell.)

Hmmmm. Might have to try that. Sometimes I like using bbq sauce as a salad dressing. One of the few times I was ambitious and attempted to cook, I made this weight watchers version of bbq sauce chicken. It was basically diet coke and ketchup/catsup (west coast, too, and I do ketchup) and it wasn't half bad!
  • azuki
    azuki Posts: 38 Member
    for french fries its ketchup+mustard. theres of course tons of sauce variations, but sometimes i prefer the simple ketchup and mustard.
  • nossmf
    Not necessarily odd, but my wife and I have opposite eating patterns:

I tend to rotate through my plate, eating a bite or two of each item, take a sip of milk/water/wine, repeat.

My wife tends to pick one item, eat all of it, pick another item, repeat. She waits until all of her meal is done before chugging her drink in a single gulp.