Lost 37lbs

2»

Replies

• BendableButMendable
    BendableButMendable Posts: 60 Member
    JRugg1980 wrote: »

It is for Low T, my endocrinologist has prescribed it to me. I have been on TRT since 2013, but i stopped 3 years ago, after a motorcycle accident.
    As far as diet, he told me everything he would suggest I do, i have already, done. I myself need to take better steps to eliminate foods high in sodium maybe. I don't add salt to any or my food.
    Thank you for your words of encouragement i appreciate them.

Limiting sodium intake can be a surprising struggle. I personally eat very few processed, or even canned, foods so my sodium intake is a lot lower than most. But I eat homemade rice bowls routinely and a reasonable portion of salsa (3 actual servings) is more than 25% of RDA and a single serving of soy sauce is more than half. It can sneak up on you quickly.

It may also be that your body is simply reacting to having your endocrine system adjusted and the water retention will be a temporary thing as you get started on your treatment again. I don't know if you experienced that when you were taking it previously, but if your sodium intake isn't all that high it is possible.

Sorry if I came across as prying, I wasn't trying to dig into your personal medical issues. I just wanted to cover the bases for TRT so I mentioned to two primary reasons people take it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!