Myfitnesspal

Message Boards MFP Suggestions/Feedback
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Weekly calorie deficit view

michehrlichmichehrlich Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member
Subject line pretty much says it all - would love a quick, simple way to see weekly calorie deficit history. Would be great if this were easily visible in the app as well as online.

Replies

• goal06082021goal06082021 Member Posts: 1,323 Member Member Posts: 1,323 Member
    You can!

On the Android app, from your diary, tap the little pie chart icon in the upper-right. I don't have an iPhone but I assume the iOS app is similar.

On the desktop site, click Reports. There's tons of reports you can run and various timeframes you can specify.
  • patriciafoley1patriciafoley1 Member, Premium Posts: 29 Member Member, Premium Posts: 29 Member
    I was looking for this too. I'd like to see the correlation between calorie deficit and pounds lost, to see how well the exercise/calories in/out compares to actual pounds lost. It would help in making adjustments, or just confirming things are working.
  • TwistedSassetteTwistedSassette Member, Premium Posts: 3,401 Member Member, Premium Posts: 3,401 Member
    You can!

On the Android app, from your diary, tap the little pie chart icon in the upper-right. I don't have an iPhone but I assume the iOS app is similar.

On the desktop site, click Reports. There's tons of reports you can run and various timeframes you can specify.

In the iOS app, you scroll to the bottom of your diary and tap "Nutrition".

You'll see a bar chart pop up with your calorie intake for the week, which you can toggle between total and net calories, and easily scroll back through the weeks. It also tells you how far under (or over) your goal you were for the week, and what your average calories were for the week.

There's also a premium feature below that where it tells you what foods contributed to your calorie intake the most (i.e. where did most of your calories come from). Last week I drank 1062 calories from milk in my coffees and I ate 609 calories from chocolate - it's a handy feature to see some data that you might not think to collate manually.
  • AntiopelleAntiopelle Member Posts: 866 Member Member Posts: 866 Member
    On ois, you open the app, click on More (the three dots) and then nutrition. You can choose between all your cals an net cals. I find it one of the best tools of this app !