LosinSusin Posts: 5,391 Member
    G - Garden Greens
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,579 Member
    H- Honeydew Melon 🍈
  • LosinSusin
    I - Illama fruit

The Illama fruit grows in Central America. It's a large fruit with a hard exterior, but when you cut it in half you can scoop out the sweet flesh inside. Google
  • 316Judith
    J- Jackfruits
  • Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,528 Member
    K - Kelp (for those who can stand the fishy smell)
  • 316Judith
    L- Limes
  • Healthyme7410
    M - Mandarin oranges
  • LosinSusin
    N - Nagamie Kumquat

Citrus margarita, the oval kumquat[4] or Nagami kumquat,[5][6] is a species of kumquat;[1] a type of citrus fruit in the genus Citrus, family Rutaceae.[7] Its epithet, margarita, is Latin for pearly.[8] Wikipedia
  • 316Judith
    O- Onions 🧅
  • Healthyme7410
    edited September 10
    P - Purple tomato

z5x7xrhn5srf.png
  • LosinSusin
    Q - Quararibea cordata fruit, known as the South American sapote or chupa-chupa, is a large, semi-deciduous fruit tree reaching heights of up to 45 meters. It is native to the Amazon rainforest vegetation in Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, and Peru. Wikipedia
  • 316Judith
    R- Rutabaga (Turnips)

My Grandma made the best Rutabaga’s! She prepared them in different ways and used all kinds of herbs on them.

This one was one of my favorites!

My Grandma used a large baking sheet and sprayed non stick oil on the pan: she would cut up small pieces of potato, rutabagas, carrots, and onions, occasionally she would add small pieces of cauliflower and broccoli and lay the veggies over the pan, sprinkle salt and pepper, rosemary, parsley, chives and sprinkle some fresh garlic over the top of veggies and then brush liberal amounts of Olive Oil all over the veggies then roast in a hot oven until tender.

About 400 degrees approximately 20/25 minutes keeping an eye that veggies are not burnt.

So delicious! 😋

You can cover with tin foil for part of the Roast time.
  • LosinSusin
    S - Scallions

We roast vegetables quite a bit, Judith. We had small pieces of pumpkin, potato and carrot done that way just last night. We usually don't have the herbs though we have done them that way. Yummy!
  • 316Judith
    Susan, your Roasted Veggies sounded so good. When I was eating a normal diet I always liked to Roast my Veggies, my kids loved to have Roasted Vegetables. Always high on their request list.

T- Tomatoes 🍅
  • Healthyme7410
    U - Umeboshi (Japanese: 梅干し, pronounced [ɯmeboɕi], lit. 'dried ume') are pickled (brined) ume fruits common in Japan. The word umeboshi is often translated into English as 'salted Japanese plums', 'Japanese plums' or 'preserved plums'. Ume (Prunus mume) is a species of fruit-bearing tree in the genus Prunus, which is often called a "plum", but is actually more closely related to the apricot.[1] Pickled ume which are not dried are called umezuke (梅漬け).[2]