Change 1 Letter in 4 to Make a Word

Replies

• Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,528 Member
    Tabouleh is delicious if mint is used sparingly. If we have to go far to get the mint, I hope the wind and rain settles down a bit. I do not want to be harvesting mint in a "hail" storm.

HAIL
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,579 Member
    edited July 30
    Let’s make Strawberry-Mint Salad. Thanks for asking Susan and we don’t need a Pail of Mint or even a Pail of Strawberries either! 😊 so let’s Sail on enjoying our Salad!

SAIL

P.S. in real life I posted a yummy Strawberry Mint Cucumber Salad on our Recipe thread. Let me know if you made it and what you thought of it! 😊
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 5,391 Member
    Thank you for the recipe, Judith! I have to be careful with fruit due to my inability to process fructose and sorbital, among other things, so will just enjoy reading about the salad. That will not fail to make my mouth water.

FAIL
  • Healthyme7410
    Both those salads sound delicious and hopefully will stay fresh for several days in case we have guests come unexpectedly. I will find a bowl and some "foil" to cover it so we can keep it cool in the refrigerator.

FOIL
  • Healthyme7410
    Since we are using a mixture of "oils" and vinegar we do not need to be afraid that it will spoil if we leave it out when serving like we would with mayonnaise.

OILS
  • LosinSusin
    Yes, keeping things fresh is good so we don't get any ills from our food.

ILLS
  • 316Judith
    Yes using oils in the heat of the summer is better than mayonnaise that will spoil and cause some ills, really sick tummy’s that we don’t need. So we can go to Costco and get our “Fill” of Oil in our Jugs. We should have enough to last rest of the summer.

FILL
  • 316Judith
    Yes as we Fill our Jugs of Oil we have plenty to share with each other. I have always loved Olive Oil, used it in Dressings and cooking, always heaps of uses! So get ready to Bill our Services for Filling up our Jugs of Oil!

BILL
  • LosinSusin
    edited August 2
    A bill for a jug of oil sounds fair. Costco has some really big containers of it. I also love olive oil, Judith. Good idea to share it out between us all. We can add flavours like dill to our olive oil when we make a salad dressing too.

DILL
  • Healthyme7410
    We use olive oil for most of our cooking. My husband puts it on bread but I prefer butter. Just a little fat from butter will not "kill" my dietary restrictions.

KILL
  • LosinSusin
    I agree. Butter is my choice a lot of the time. I think it has been given a bad reputation bit they are discovetthat good fats in general ste very essential for good health. That might be a hard pill to swallow for some, but I add fats to my diet every day.

PILL
  • Healthyme7410
    Yes for the low fat diet followers, butter is not good. If I can run up a "hill" with no problems, I figure I am healthy and I will continue to eat my butter.

HILL
  • 316Judith
    Amen and Amen Linda and Susan, I take in a lot of fat and high calories as my diet is so limited. Smoothies, milkshakes, congee and high calorie soups, Boost nutritional supplement! Everything has to be pureed. One day I will eat normally but for now love my whipped cream that tops my milkshakes, hot chocolate and Frappuccino’s. Yum! 😋

So Till then I LOVE the Fat in my Diet!

TILL
  • Healthyme7410
    edited August 3
    I am glad that even though your food has to be pureed, at least you have the taste to enjoy. My grandmother had a food "mill" that she used to make puree foods to a silky smooth texture.

MILL
  • LosinSusin
    A food mill sounds like a nice appliance to have. It wouldn't need electricity either, right? I wonder if they still sell them at the mall?

MALL
  • 316Judith
    Yes Susan they sell a Food Mill at the Mall and on Amazon! They are great, I have an industrial blender and make smoothie soups milk shakes and other things, it’s great to have. At the Mall the TV Shop sells a Food Mill, it’s on a shelf on back Wall!

WALL
  • 316Judith
    Look forward to shop with you Linda and Susan for Food Mills at the Shopping TV Store in the Mall. They have Tall Shelves filled with every kind of Food Mills.

TALL
  • Healthyme7410
    That is so exciting to be able to find a store filled with amazing appliances to help make life easier. If we want unique items, maybe we should give them a "call" to make sure they have what we want.

CALL
  • LosinSusin
    I'm sure we'll have a ball at the mall.

BALL
  • Healthyme7410
    Yes, we will have a ball at the mall! Is there a store that would sell a "bell" for my wind chimes? My middle piece has broken and the chimes are silent.

BELL