Change 1 Letter in 4 to Make a Word

Replies

• 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,579 Member
    Yes I agree Linda A Poll is a good idea for new clothes, poor Mr Green Jeans with his stained knees. And yes Susan Mr Green Jeans is a Doll for all that he does for us. Let’s go to our Community Store in the Village and see what “Mary” the owner of the store can Dole out for us to give Mr Green Jeans!

DOLE
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 5,391 Member
    It's a good thing to get Mr Green Jeans new clothes. We want jeans without a hole anywhere in them.

HOLE
  • 316Judith
    Yes indeed Susan, new Jeans without a Hole in them.

The outdoor Market has little Store Huts inside that have a Pole with Hooks lining the Walls with plenty of brand new Jeans in every design and color to choose from. Good Plan?

POLE
  • LosinSusin
    Good plan, Judith! Mind the poles though. None of us want them to poke us in the eye.

POKE
  • 316Judith
    edited August 16
    Yes that is so true, that’s the last thing we need is a pole to Poke us in the eye. Extra careful we will need to be. While we are being careful we can sit a while and have a nice cold drink of Coke to cool us down on these hot summer days.

COKE
  • LosinSusin
    I'd rather take a toke on a cup of coffee or tea, if you don't mind, Judith. It's too cool for cold drinks here.

TOKE
  • 316Judith
    That’s quite alright Susan to take a Toke on a cup of coffee or tea instead of a cold drink! Yes we can Poke a cup of Coffee in between the Iced Drinks!

POKE
  • Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,526 Member
    Susan - Being in cold weather, it is no "joke" about needing a hot drink to warm you up. We will be having our cold weather soon as it looks like Fall in the mountains already. It will move down and let us have cooler weather and a hot drink would be welcome.

JOKE
  • LosinSusin
    Thank you both for understanding about me needing a hot drink while you have the cold ones! I'll be Jake now (everything will be OK. It's another Aussie expression to say 'she'll be jake' when you mean everything will be alright).

JAKE
  • 316Judith
    I like that word and expression for “Jake” I’ll Take that!

TAKE
  • Healthyme7410
    I love to hear old sayings and different phrases used in different times and areas. I will "make" a list of all things I am learning.

MAKE
  • LosinSusin
    For your sake, I will try and list a few more Aussie expressions, Linda. People can be inventive with language here. There's rhyming slang here - forC example, the phone can be the dog and bone. The wife can be the trouble and strife...

SAKE
  • 316Judith
    edited August 19
    Susan the expression for the phone being the Dog and Bone and the following one; the Wife can be the Trouble and Strife, that made me Lol 😂 too funny.

And for my husband’s Sake not sure I would want to cause my hubby trouble and strife… That wouldn’t make for a Harmonious Marriage!

MAKE
  • Healthyme7410
    Marriage is a cooperative action. We give and take for the best of one another. I "bake" an apple pie and he takes it to the table and eats it.

BAKE
  • LosinSusin
    Lol about Glenn being so cooperative about your apple pie, Linda! That takes the cake!

CAKE
  • 316Judith
    I agree and Apple Pie, if you made Apple Pie for us I would Gladly eat it…😋

And yes Susan that takes the Cake.

And next time I will join you and help you Make the Pie Linda!

MAKE
  • LosinSusin
    A homemafe pie is so good. It's so much nicer than frozen pies that taste fake.

FAKE
  • 316Judith
    Yes, I agree Susan, you can’t beat a Homemade Pie. I sure don’t like those frozen pies, they seem to leave an after taste to your mouth when you eat them. And we don’t want to have memories of Fake pies. Let’s those memories Fade in the distance.

FADE
  • LosinSusin
    I think homemade food for just about anything tastes better if the cook knows how to cook. Good Homemade food deserves its fame!

FAME
  • Healthyme7410
    Using fake frozen food is "lame" when it can be made at home cheaper and more delicious.

LAME