Change 1 Letter in 5 to Make Word

Replies

• 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,560 Member
    You gals made me Smile, just picturing the Ducks in fine formation high in the sky with their cute shoes on and laces dangling in the air, I could just see the lead Duck Simon pushing forward and rushing to the finishing line. Wow, Simon and the Ducks sure Love their Races! Go Simon Go! Ok Boys, keep up the Paces

PACES

• 316Judith
    And see our Ducks in Fine Formation with cute Shoes on their web feet with laces dangling in the air. And I see the sweet Faces all a glow on each of our Ducks as they fly high in the Sky!

FACES
  • LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 5,377 Member
    What an I teresti g flock of Ducks! I have never heard of cases where they behaved like this before now!

CASES
  • Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,506 Member
    That is so kind of you Susan to think that we should have the ducks go South for the winter. You have "grace" for everyone including the ducks. You have a heart of gold.

GRACE
  • LosinSusin
    Aww, thank you Linda. I'm not sure how golden it really is, my heart. I'll eat a grape and think about that.

GRAPE
  • 316Judith
    I agree with Linda, you have a lot of Grace for even the Ducks Susan, and you eating a Grape while thinking about it sounds like a yummy snack, and healthy too! Ok while you Drape yourself in thoughts we will Drape the Ducks with your Grace.

DRAPE
  • LosinSusin
    edited August 15
    Is there a drake amongst our Ducks? I am not sure if the drake or the hen leads the flock.

DRAKE
  • 316Judith
    Let’s say it’s the Drake that leads the Flock! Not quite sure but Drake sounds like a good plan for our story line! And with the Drake being so bold rather aggressive we might need a Brake to pull out the stops!

BRAKE
  • LosinSusin
    Yes. Using the brake will stop the drake from going for broke and tiring out the hens and ducklings.

BROKE
  • 316Judith
    Yes, good Plan Susan! We can use the Brake to stop the Drake from going for Broke and tiring out the Hens and Ducks.

Sorry Susan, hate to admit but this gal is for a loss of words to keep the story line going. Hope you can think of a good word to fill in my blank! 😳
  • Healthyme7410
    I apologize if this is not an appropriate word to use but google says it just mean "man" although I have heard it used with a person with less than good manners)

As the Drake, Hens and babies fly I wish them good travels. I hope there is not a "bloke" with a gun on the ground that may be hunting when they pass by.

BLOKE
  • LosinSusin
    edited August 16
    Bloke is a perfectly harmless and acceptable word in Australia, Linda. It just means man. The word Shelia is used for women, but it is a bit less respectable to call women Shelias than it is to call men Blokes!

I do hope no bloke shoots at our Ducks. I wonder how we could block someone from shooting?

BLOCK
  • 316Judith
    I have a great Plan to Block the Blokes from Shooting the Ducks. We shall put Locks on the Ducks and Hen Houses to keep them indoors.

LOCKS
  • Healthyme7410
    Locking the ducks in the hen house would protect them if they did not fly South for the winter. That is a pretty "slick" idea Judith.

SLICK
  • LosinSusin
    As long as the hen house is warm and dry for the winter, we will not be slack in looking after our Ducks!

SLACK
  • 316Judith
    edited August 18
    Yes that is so true, you are welcome Linda, guess it was a pretty good Slick idea, and yes the Hen House is warm so we don’t need to be Slack about it Susan, yes not one of us Lacks good ideas to keep our Ducks and Hens safe.

LACKS
  • Healthyme7410
    I hope the hen house is big enough for all the hens, chicks and drakes. They need room to move around and for entertainment, I have heard that they are really good at the game of "jacks". They can do amazing things with their long toes.

JACKS
  • LosinSusin
    They would have to take off their shoes to play jacks, Linda. They might need some tacks to hang their shoes on the walls of the hen house.

TACKS
  • 316Judith
    I sure would love to see the Hens Ducks and Drakes play Jacks… too funny 😂 but that causes me to Lol!
    And great idea Susan Tacks to hang their shoes on the Walls of the Hen House. We sure need one very Large Hen House to accommodate all the fun these hens ducks and drakes will have. With all the Fun it’s not likely we will see any eggs that have been laid in the nests of the Hen House. Guess we’ll have to go to Market for our eggs. We can buy up Sacks of Eggs to save the Trips to the Market!

SACKS

Tacks
  • Healthyme7410
    Will we need a cart to carry the sacks of eggs or can we carry them on our "backs" in our backpacks?

BACKS