Change 1 Letter in 5 to Make Word

Replies

• LosinSusin
    LosinSusin Posts: 5,377 Member
    Something else our dogs respond to is when the doorbell dongs! We have to put them in a separate room so people can get in the door comfortably, without excited jumping dogs overwhelming them.

DONGS
  • 316Judith
    316Judith Posts: 8,559 Member
    How sweet, your Dog reminds me of my Sheltie pup who chewed on the squeaky toys like there was no tomorrow, my Sunshine loves regular Bouncy Balls and plays fetch with me. I know, a Kitty who likes to play ball and fetch! 🙀 She has other toys and feather wand toys but a bouncy rubber ball is one she heads towards first! So we will buy up some rubber balls Dongs that make noise and and Dings that Rings for our Fur Babies to play with, noisier the better for your Dog and bouncy things for my Cat! Good Plan Linda? 😆

DINGS
  • LosinSusin
    My dogs love squeaky ttoys.One will run to me from anywhere if I squeeze a squeaky toy! The other will pay attention too! It's as though their mood sings with happiness.

SINGS
  • 316Judith
    Yes Susan that’s exactly how you described my Mom’s Dog Missy. As soon as she heard a squeak she would come running. Yes they seem to sings the high notes of play! I am sure your Dogs have many Songs up their little furry legs ready to Sing!

SONGS
  • Healthyme7410
    Healthyme7410 Posts: 10,506 Member
    Sometimes, our dog used to chew on her rope toy until it was very wet and squishy from her saliva. I did not want to touch it when I had to pick it up to throw it in the laundry. A pair of "tongs" was better to touch the rope than my delicate fingers.

TONGS
  • Healthyme7410
    Since our dog has gone to her rest, I will make a "note" that the dog our daughter has is much more happy with a squeaky toy than a rope toy.

NOTE
  • LosinSusin
    Rope toys were popular with one of my dogs but he tends to tear, chew and eat the rope fibres so I don’t give him that type anymore. I made notes in my head not to buy rope toys.

NOTES
  • 316Judith
    Good idea picking up the Rope toy with Tongs Linda as I wouldn’t want to touch a squishy wet Rope Toy either. And Susan I join you with making Notes to not buy Rope Toys! My Kitty likes a toy that has a long Rope and a Ball attached on end and she chases it grabs it hanging on to it in her mouth. And yes it gets wet. Not good! So icky touching it. Notes are made! We all need a (Totes) Bag and go around the house and gather all the toys that have rope attached and replace them with toys that don’t soggy and wet when our Fur Babies play!

TOTES
  • Healthyme7410
    Totes are a good idea to gather up the toys that are strewn over the floor. Once we wash the soggy toys, we need a nice dry place to "store" these toys until they are played with again.

STORE
  • LosinSusin
    I like pegging washed toys out in the sun. When they are dry I store them in two dog beds so the dogs can find them again. I love seeing them moter around with their toys!

MOTER
  • 316Judith
    Yes good idea to Store the toys in a bag; and that’s good idea too Susan, store their toys in their beds; that’s what I do with my Kitty’s toys. It’s fun to watch them Moter around with their toys. Fun Times!

Oops no words will come, I am sure you gals will have an obvious word for me. 😆
  • Healthyme7410
    Our animals are so very special to us. We all can be a "doter" ("be extremely and uncritically fond of") of our fur babies. I found I would be more patient with our dog than I was with my children when she looked at me with her big brown eyes full of unconditional love.

DOTER
  • LosinSusin
    I agree. Nothing will deter me from doting on my pups!

DETER
  • 316Judith
    Oh my Doter, I have used that word so much over the years especially doting a long, my Kids were well known as Great Doter’s! 😆 thank you Linda, I knew you would have a word for me for us all! I so agree Susan nothing shall Deter us! Peter our friendly gardener is well known for letting everything Deter him! But we 3 Gals are not like Peter!

PETER
  • Healthyme7410
    My parents did not dote on us but we felt loved. My "pater" (father) was quiet and reserved but we still knew that he loved us by his actions of protecting us and providing for us.

PATER
  • LosinSusin
    Parents have different ways of showing us love, I agree, Linda. My pater showed love in a similar way to yours, but my mater was very demonstrative!

MATER
  • 316Judith
    Indeed Linda I hear you about your Pater; my Pater was reserved also but was very verbal in guiding us and showed us that he desired for us to do our very best in everything we set our hands to do. Dad was reserved but an intellect! Susan My Mater was affectionate and showed me love and acceptance! She was Demonstrative also. Guess you could say that about my Pater as he was an intellectual person University educated and wanted all his children to excel in Academics.
    Our Parents; Pater and Mater were much like a Garden, tending to the Garden and providing the necessary Water for it to Grow!

WATER
  • Healthyme7410
    Yes, raising children is like caring for a garden. Each plant grows at their own rate and should not be compared to other plants. "Later" as each child becomes his/her unique self, we reap the rewards of being good stewards of our children.

LATER
  • LosinSusin
    We do have to be alert to cater to the different needs of children so their strengths can develop.

CATER
  • 316Judith
    Indeed Linda I do agree and I so agree with you Susan we need to Cater to their needs so their strengths can develop. So rewarding to see our Children grow and become the men and women God has intended them to be. We can look back as Parents and thank God we Cared for the Children God gave us to Nurture.

CARED