WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2021

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,959 Member
    About dh reverting: My DH came from a family where constant arguments and insults were normal. He was different with me for many years, until his health started to go. Then he became nasty, and I left him. I couldn't handle his attitude. I feel like I should have looked more closely at his family before the wedding.

About dreams: Some days I want to write a novel, and some days I think it's not worth the work and the loss of privacy. Of course I dream about winning the lottery! I would buy a fancy big house by a lake. And I dream about being young and strong again. And about falling in love again. 😊

Annie in Delaware
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,637 Member
    Annie- i truly believe that I was brought into Toms life to be there for his parents.. you hVe heard my stories over the years of all the trials and tribulations with them.. but I loved them dearly.. when i go in ,I go all in.. so I have no qualms of doing what i did for either of them..
    Going to go over and get Homer out and then come back and do some more work here..
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    Rori love the picture!
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Barbara, Allie, Heather, thanks. Heather that is mostly meditation practices which I'm pretty accustomed to but not practicing all that much at present. that would be helpful and is a good reminder.

at present I feel physically ill more than anything else.

O and I are now in a tiff or at odds since I called him again (my email) on his position at the time. he is a bit too casual about it. I wouldn't be so upset but we spoke about this sort of stuff some time ago and he seemed to be pretty balanced and fair friend after a while - but we never had an out and out situation in his presence - so it was impossible to see how he would be...

I feel just exhausted and not very grounded.pain in chest area. slight headache. feels like emotionally provoked unwell ness, but sometimes there can be a mix-up. barely slept.i woke up at say 2 am and then didn't fall back asleep. that's never great.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,432 Member
    Tttttt
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Machka – Daylight Saving’s time ends November 7 for us. I wish it was year around. Setting clocks forward and back is a nuisance. :ohwell:

Michele – I have had friend requests and simply declined. It seems to me that some of the newer people are trying to get as many “friends” as possible, as if it is a competition. :noway:

Tracey – The field of geese is with fall tree leaves in the background is lovely. I am well acquainted with the Canadian Geese, but not the white ones. Are they Arctic Swans? :flowerforyou: As to our travel plans, we expect to go forward with them. When we arrive in VA we will spend some days in quarantine, from what our son told us. We have both had double Pfizer shots and also had recent flu shots. The flu shots hurt a bit. :star:

Rori – Being wheelchair bound in the airport is something DH has done in the past. His worst worries have to do with using the restroom during the flight. We hope to get aisle seats close to the nearest restroom. On another subject - you and your kitty are very photogenic. The two of you are lovely. :heart:

Allie – I am happy that you are doing well these days. :flowerforyou:

We live in Halloween Town, and the festivities will begin October 2, with the annual Halloween Town Parade. I plan to watch the parade and enjoy it. I hope the weather is nice for the parade.

We haven’t booked our flights to Virginia yet. DH will be in charge of booking flights. Thank goodness. :wink:

Katla, looking forward to HalloweenTown, and to our trip to VA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,432 Member
    netc5mzcznh7.jpeg
    View outside from the laundry room yesterday
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,773 Member
    Pip--Glad that Jake got good news and no treatment at this time.

Beth--Hugs and prayers. <3

Katla--I am so sorry as I know how much you have been looking forward to the time with DGS while mom and dad were at the hospital. I agree you need to have a talk with DH and work out something you both are happy with. Glad to see you have worked it out and are flying there together.

Heather--What a fun birthday outing for Edie and her friends. Hugs, you have put a lot into this book, not surprised you are feeling so many different emotions.

Rori--I agree that you look great and the cat looks very happy.

Michele--Hope this new job works out for you. Sounds like the hours and pay are a step up.

Lisa--Hope you are able to get some rest and feel better soon.

Been a stressful week (last week and so far this week) with DH and his health. Doctors have ruled out heart attack and blood clots. But he gets so tried real fast and still has chest pressure. He worked almost 2 hours yesterday and they sent him home. So far today he has been there almost 4 hours. Doctors still thinks it is a reaction to his second Covid shot. Our trip to Iowa next week will not be happening as I told him I am not going and him end up in a hospital out there, and our son and family have Covid.
    Life One day at a time.

Blessings, VICKI GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,637 Member
    Vicki- yikes hope he feels better soon..some people have crazy reactions ro the vaccine
    Rori- love that picture of you...
    Rita- sometimes you just have to take things an hour at a time if needed..
    They have delivered thr windows but like I said ill be one of the last ones to get them installed,but i washed thr one set of curtain sheers yesterday and ill so the other set that i took down from the patio door on Thursday, tomorrow is going to be to crazy..
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,385 Member
    Heather thank you for your incite and clarity in how you handle your emotions. Our minds are truly remarkable things. I sometimes have too much emotions for my youngest son that does not communicate with us. There are some days when emotions have to splash out of my eyeballs, and I have recognized that I need to do that, in order to process, and move forward. Some days its like I mourn for him, but I take all of that stress and worry and mold it into a heart like playing with Play dough. I have you all, and I have a group Navy Moms Strong and they understand as well.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,120 Member
    Rebecca - Yes, feel it, feel it, but don't live in it. <3

After the babysitting I suggested to DH that we abandon the delicious lamb casserole I had prepared at home and elope to Fatto a Mano for a pizza and wine. Good decision. We had a wonderful long chat and he helped me see that I don't need to write the introduction. I will do a short epilogue and save the intro stuff for Instagram or even another book. What a load off my shoulders. I'm sure it is the right decision. :p

Now to get on with the production. :)

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,959 Member
    I bought a powerball lottery ticket. The jackpot is up to $570 million! Such a lovely dream.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    edited September 2021
    Heather said, "I have recently been practising some mind techniques. I have gleaned them from all kinds of sources. The basic idea is to see the mind/thoughts as different from the real "I" and to observe them." This brought to mind what a pastor I follow said recently. Paraphrase: You are not what you think you are! You are what your thoughts are! I am sure this could be a really controversial topic to explore as when I told my husband this he did not agree at all. So, I have thought about it a lot.

Carol in GA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,120 Member
    Carol - I think what I meant was, we are not our 'thoughts'. Especially we are not our mind's chatter. There is a part of us that is apart from all that monkey mind.
    I agree it is a difficult concept to get our minds around. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,786 Member
    :)