• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,519 Member
    beevy1zqzn31.jpeg
    6njh4nemtnyn.jpeg
    w7qhocdv3i1f.jpeg
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,935 Member
    exermom wrote: »
    Did just the upper body portion of a body pump DVD then took a short walk in my neighborhood. No formal exercise tomorrow but I do want to take a short walk in my neighborhood. Boy, do I miss exercising!

Oh, looks like I’ll be working at Burger King. It’s 5 minutes from my house. They said they really need someone to do prep (chop lettuce, etc) in the a.m. so that works for me.

Michele NC

congratulations on the new job.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,830 Member
    I bought a powerball lottery ticket. The jackpot is up to $570 million! Such a lovely dream.

I tend to buy tickets for smaller lotteries where the jackpot is lower like maybe "only" 2 million. Fewer people go for those so I figure my chances of winning something is higher.

So far I have won between 8 and 40 dollars most of the times I have done that.

M in Oz
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,444 Member
    PIP, looks like you got another great day of coastal wanderings!

Carol, awe I hope your husband is feeling better. Falls are nothing to dismiss.

Last night was another sore belly night. Not too bad but my back was sore. Took another one of my famous hot baths! Didn't dunk my head under though.
    Doctor appt isn't until Oct 12th, so just solider on.
    Today ate a couple pieces of sausage, 5 baby potatoes, and some cut up zucchini. Then drizzled it with Amy's shiitake sesame dressing, and after it all browned up I added some chicken broth.

We had the electrician out to look at oven, and of course we couldn't get the blasted thing to (mis-operate) like it was doing to us. First of the month I turned it on, and it revved up then clicked off. Like it had a short in it. It did the same thing for Lee. So we haven't touched it since we put in the trouble call. So of course the blasted oven worked for the electrician!
    Well no new oven!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,334 Member
    Took a walk this morning, only this time all the way around the block. I’ll probably take a walk tomorrow, too. After that, I’m going to incorporate some formal exercise. Maybe I should do a little tomorrow before my walk. I’ll think more on it. Update: I think I am going to do a short DVD, just to get back into the routine and then go for my walk

Rebecca – I would have thought that Mercurochrome was toxic. Guess not

Carol – Healing thoughts being sent for your husband (and you)

katla – tell me what a pain turning the clocks back and forth is! I can’t imagine being right next to a state that doesn’t. I wish we’d stay on DST year round. Really, about the only time I accept a friend request is if it’s from someone in here. And even then if they’ve been here for a while, not someone just joining. You’re right, to some people it’s almost a competition.

Vicki – at least this job isn’t just cleaning! Maybe in the future I’ll be interacting more with the customers. But if not, at least I can interact with the other workers. I need people, and not toxic people. If I’m around them, then I usually revert into myself and just ignore them. Healing thoughts for your husband. It certainly is a mystery

Thank you everyone for your congratulations on the new job. Now to start it! Well, I think I finished all the paperwork that’s necessary. The topper is that I’m making more per hour than I was at Food Lion. Admitted not a whole lot more, but more just the same.

Debbie - <drool>

Vince wants to go to WalMart so I’ll go with him and do a little shopping.

Rebecca – of course the oven worked for the electrician. You expected something else??????

Michele NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    :) I went out about thirty minutes ago filled with energy and enthusiasm for a long walk and came home after 20 minutes when it started raining. Since we just planted our elephant garlic bulbs, I was happy for the rain.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • pipcd34
    Last night here 1zm2lfs4laa8.jpeg
    7vfe7wd1brj2.jpeg
    r2vz1i4lqnvo.jpeg
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited September 2021
    Michele- Changing clocks is a pain. Many of us seem to have had to deal with it. :ohwell:.

Pip- I hope Yogi is well and happy. I also hope he is rested and enjoying the trip home. You & Kirby, too. :heart:

I am tired and headed for a cozy bed. I hope you are all are well & happy and in a good situation. :smiley:

Katla in NW Oregon

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,682 Member
    Well I am awake and will get up and hop in the shower in a few minutes today is a busy day.. and i might as well get the show on the road.
  • pipcd34
    Right now it’s 4am and we have one more two night stop at bodega bay in California, then heading for home.
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, dogs to powerline, DDS, picked up rx, Freddie’s.
    Bonus: practiced WBW, DM and 7/8 of Grand Daddy Long Legs, walk up Chetco Point with T, Post Office
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, call Spectrum Mobile to learn how to print statements, learn last eighth of GDLL, call pc guy to schedule tuneup, learn last section of GrandDaddy Long Legs, wrap T’s gift, dog group, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, text C, fire district: research NFPA, grant NIMS requirements, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, likewise Lee skills/tasks, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Tequila Little Time, Homesick, Nothing but You, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Do Your Thing, practice dances: Silver Linings, All Night, TGIF, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove, ask Te about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this fall’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers and beit alpha cukes next year).
    September
    29: Write down three things you appreciate about yourself: cheerful, detailed, warm.

Allie that’s one of the hard things about living in a condo, neighbors with nothing better to do than complain. Fooey! Prayers for your continued wellbeing.
    Heather as one procrastinator to another . . . I really liked what you said about letting your wise self watch those feelings. I’m finding that when I have aches and pains, if I go “into them” and closely observe what is hurting and how, it’s easier to bear or even distract myself from them. Pizza, wine and good consultation with Johnny? Win win WIN!
    Annie I’m thankful Joe didn’t look closely at my family first… Mama’s and Papa’s dynamic was a vigorous debate/argument every night at dinner. Made me nauseous… ;) So glad Joe and I prefer conflict avoidance ;)
    Julie it really sounds to me as if that situation with F and now O is making you sick. Please be well.
    Carol sorry to hear about your DH’s fall. Did he get it checked out? In addition to what Heather said, I think your pastor was hinting we could choose our thoughts and so choose to be our better selves. Thoughts become what we do, what we do becomes our character. Whatever we are, warts and feelings, and thoughts and all, we are the Creator’s beloved children.
    Tracey, like Carol, I loved your Canada geese gathering photo, and Machka your jonquils!
    Katla considering your DH’s reluctance to travel, not sure I’d leave the booking to him. Just sayin’ ;)
    Pip where will you be camping next? Happy HAPPY Yogi!
    Rita and Rebecca ((hugs))
    Vicki prayers for your DH. Think your decision not to travel was wise.
    Debbie those dehydrating tomatoes look tempting and I don’t even LIKE tomatoes :sick: :laugh:
    Kate Oww! Glad the young woman was kind, restores your faith in people.

In order to meet my monthly average step goal, I’d have to walk 9700 steps today and tomorrow. Possible, but is it likely? Hmm.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    September: leaner/stronger/kinder than August.
    daily: sit with Joe:29, weigh/wii: 27/0/0; steps>7222=7272 vits=28, log=28, CI<CO=26, CI<250<CO=16, Tumble=24, Shadow=27, mfp=26, outside=33, up hill=27, clean 10=13.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue:LD=1.5, Wed:TC=1, PW=2, Thurs: TC=5mins, Fri:TC=1.33, Sat:PW=2, rX x4=4.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/30:141.5 7/31:140.2 8/31:140.0 9/5:140.2 9/12:139.8 9/19:142.2 9/26:140.7 9/30:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=, plan=, waist=42.
    bonus: AF=14, play=1.25!!! sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,830 Member
    Machka - this is Banff this past weekend y6pin7d9yp3c.jpeg

Gorgeous!

I miss that area!
  • pipcd34
    10 til 4am, on to California, our next spot, bodega bay rv park.