Myfitnesspal

Message Boards MFP Suggestions/Feedback
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

GET RID OF THE HUGE BUTTONS

watermelonpunchchloewatermelonpunchchloe Member, Premium Posts: 4 Member Member, Premium Posts: 4 Member
xadz2g462yk3.png

These huge buttons mean I can't just tap on the item in the list, because it's obscured by the buttons.
There is NO reason I will NEVER use these buttons.
it slows me down because then I have to press the back button to get rid of the on screen keyboard, to see the list, and that sometimes results in accidentally exiting out of the whole thing and having to start over.
I'd FINALLY gotten to the point where I can add things quickly and now this.
THUMBS DOWN
get rid of the buttons or make them at least a setting where you can get rid of it
I contacted support & the person actually told me to just "get used to it" :o
I pay for this service. This is outrageous!
I'm going to have to look for a different app I guess, because no, I'm not going to "get used to" being slowed down.

Replies

• durdendurden Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 947 MFP Staff Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 947 MFP Staff
    Hi,

Thanks for your feedback! I did want to clarify that I did see the case you sent in (I was not the one who responded to you however) and that at no point were you told to "get used to it", which would be an incredibly inappropriate response to your concern, and luckily did not happen. What you were told is that we would be happy to forward your feedback to our developers for consideration in a future update, which is the extent of what we can offer you in regards to a feature suggestion.

To reiterate once more, we are happy to forward your feedback to our developers for consideration and perhaps remove this in a future update if it's not received well. We cannot promise that every change we make will be loved by every member- We can only promise that we will listen, and continue to do our best to please our members as best as possible.

Thanks again for taking the time to provide your thoughts.

Durden
    MyFitnessPal Staff
    edited October 11
  • watermelonpunchchloewatermelonpunchchloe Member, Premium Posts: 4 Member Member, Premium Posts: 4 Member
    ka8l720mj4t1.png

This definitely = "get used to it"
    they're telling me to "get used to" a "feature" that slows me down and is in the way.
    it's NOT beneficial

edit: also it's completely patronizing and rude
    I know what I like and what I don't and what is causing a problem in usability for me. I'm not some person who needs to 'get used to' a change. That's incredibly insulting.
    edited October 11
  • goal06082021goal06082021 Member Posts: 1,735 Member Member Posts: 1,735 Member
    OP is definitely being rude about it and spamming the boards, but I will agree that the buttons are too big.
  • durdendurden Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 947 MFP Staff Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 947 MFP Staff
    ka8l720mj4t1.png

they're telling me to "get used to" a "feature" that slows me down and is in the way.
    it's NOT beneficial

I'm sorry you have interpreted this message in that way. I hope however that my statements above have clarified the situation and managed your expectations as far as what we are able to do to help you.
  • kshama2001kshama2001 Member Posts: 25,104 Member Member Posts: 25,104 Member
    ka8l720mj4t1.png

it's NOT beneficial

edit: also it's completely patronizing and rude
    I know what I like and what I don't and what is causing a problem in usability for me. I'm not some person who needs to 'get used to' a change. That's incredibly insulting.

I agree that the buttons are too big.

I try to use the app from time to time, but the desktop version is just so much easier to use. Unfortunately, desktop lacks some features, like Search for recipes, so I have to use both to get what I need. I mostly use desktop.

I agree with your interpretation that you were being told to "get used to it." I've seen the intense community effort it takes to get the tiniest changes made here on the forums. So realistically, your only option is to get used to it or find another app. However, you could consider the free version rather than paying for it. Is desktop an option for you?
  • zo541zo541 Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    +1 for getting rid of the big buttons or moving them somewhere else. It makes the search results invisible due to the location of the phone's virtual keyboard.
  • drivenimageautodrivenimageauto Member, Premium Posts: 5 Member Member, Premium Posts: 5 Member
    durden wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks for your feedback! I did want to clarify that I did see the case you sent in (I was not the one who responded to you however) and that at no point were you told to "get used to it", which would be an incredibly inappropriate response to your concern, and luckily did not happen. What you were told is that we would be happy to forward your feedback to our developers for consideration in a future update, which is the extent of what we can offer you in regards to a feature suggestion.

To reiterate once more, we are happy to forward your feedback to our developers for consideration and perhaps remove this in a future update if it's not received well. We cannot promise that every change we make will be loved by every member- We can only promise that we will listen, and continue to do our best to please our members as best as possible.

Thanks again for taking the time to provide your thoughts.

Durden
    MyFitnessPal Staff

Yes please get rid of these buttons, it just adds an unnecessary step, I now jave to hit the back button to be able to see my frequent foods

• drivenimageautodrivenimageauto Member, Premium Posts: 5 Member Member, Premium Posts: 5 Member
    Get rid of those buttons!
    Hey all! Wanted to let you all know that our dev team has been made aware of this, and that it we will be making changes to address your feedback in an upcoming release. Thanks for your patience and feedback!
    durden wrote: »
    Hey all! Wanted to let you all know that our dev team has been made aware of this, and that it we will be making changes to address your feedback in an upcoming release. Thanks for your patience and feedback!

Hey boss, can you check on my suggestion please
  • CSX321CSX321 Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    I'll add my vote to get rid of these buttons, or at least move them. I'd also request the All, My Meals, etc. tabs be moved back to the bottom, as well. The search results should ideally be directly below the search text box. Having other things in between is not a good design from a usability perspective.