~ Sobriety Matters ~

Replies

• SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Hugs, Bein. One day at a time. <3
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 3,831 Member
    BeIn2day wrote: »
    I have relapsed. Dealing with a lot. I will return to sobriety. Practising self compassion.

This happens. You've come so far. You can do it again. It is totally normal to relapse even people have done it after dozens of years. Your brain is powerful and you will be able to get on track! I am sure of it!
  • RubyRed427
    I'm worried about my sister relapsing. She showed me yesterday that she is nearly three years dry and said she has been thinking about drinking. She is going away for work which used to be the trigger for her to drink heavily alone in a hotel room. I told her please call me every night and check in.

I pray she can withstand and break the pattern of thinking.
    I am also not doing well. I had a successful time on vacation with my family with no more than two drinks a day because my daughter was with us. I seem to stay in control when she is around, because I don't want to embarrass myself.

Yesterday, we got together with my cousin and his wife. The three of us (not his wife) consumed 6 bottles of wine. I don't think I had that much but I know my cousin kept filling his glass. I drank plenty of water too. Two big bottles of Perrier which probably saved me. My new husband had too much but slept very well.

Today, I was watching a Jane Fonda interview and she said she never drinks anymore. Even if today she would have one martini, she would be at "half mast" tomorrow. She said she doesn't have many tomorrows anymore and doesn't want to be illl. She said she used to drink. She pointed out the obvious as well: alcohol affects you differently when you age.

• RubyRed427
    Despite copious amounts of alcohol consumed around me at today's wedding, I remained completely sober. I saw an awful lot of people not only drinking the beer, wine, and mimosas that were offered by the host, but going round the corner to the restaurant bar and bringing back shots. My sister in law, who paid for the wedding, was disappointed that her beer and wine open bar was not "good enough". This was 10:30 in the morning for a brunch wedding! I assured her it was absolutely lovely and the people that felt the need to add shots had a problem.
    I was glad to be sober and hold my grandson and entertain my granddaughters.

This reminds me of my wedding but the opposite happened. Wine and beer seemed good enough, thank Goodness. I am disappointed that your wedding guests went and did shots. That's kinda insulting to the hosts.

Oh well, at least you had a great time!!!
  • RubyRed427
    BeIn2day wrote: »
    I have relapsed. Dealing with a lot. I will return to sobriety. Practising self compassion.

Maybe take a break from your counseling for awhile; was that the trigger?

Sending you love and compassion. I like you are practicing self compassion. That is so important. You are not your addiction. You are an amazing person with so much kindness. You make a difference in so many lives.
  • RubyRed427
    I am just checking in to send you all strength and courage to figure things out. I am dealing with horrific family stress right now and all I can think that is positive about my situation is I am so glad I don’t drink anymore because it would be so much worse.

So sorry to hear about your family stress. Sending you a big hug.
  • AR10at50
    AR10at50 Posts: 1,174 Member
    @BeIn2day - The name of this thread says it all for me. Every day is a new day and even every moment is new and we can always start fresh. Hugs to you.
  • SunnyDays930
    Big Hugs, positive energy, and light sent to my tribe here.
  • RubyRed427
    xskng18evwin.png
  • RubyRed427
    All of us on this thread have come so far~ even if we fail, drink, eat too much, or fall
    Short of our goals- that’s life.

We are human - we are trying our best- we can rebound!
  • Sinisterbarbie1
    Sinisterbarbie1 Posts: 452 Member
    @RubyRed427 thanks for the hug … i definitely need it! Feeling responsible for my family and worrying that I am not doing everything for everyone's well-being well enough have always been my triggers. I am glad I am not feeling even mildly tempted now. Just tired and sad. Its weird for that to feel like a positive statement. I hope your sister is ok and that you don’t worry about her too much. The thing I try to remind myself is to keep focused on what I can control = mainly my reaction to things, not what actually happens to other people who are self sufficient adults. Your sister has set a strong path for herself, but whatever happens doesn’t reflect in any way on you or your path. Be supportive and kind, but you can’t carry her through it. You can only help her believe in herself and find her own power to do what she ultimately thinks is best for her.
  • SunnyDays930
    @shrcpr Thank you for sharing! It makes me so happy that we are helping people that for whatever reason, choose to just follow along silently. I agree, Kate Bee is wonderful and has helped thousands of people. Congrats on 83+ days sober. So inspiring! Please continue to come here and share with all of us. The more the merrier!
  • RubyRed427
    I just got on the waitlist for Kate Bee's getting unstuck which starts October 3rd.

How much does it run? @shrcpr
  • RubyRed427
    cazyofb0ygha.png

Has anyone tried this? They're $2.00 each sold on Amazon in a case of 12.
  • SunnyDays930
    @RubyRed427 From her FAQ page:

The course costs £497 if you pay in full. If you opt for the payment plan, there will be four monthly payments of £140, with the first instalment taken on the day you register.

I’m based in the UK, hence why I charge in British pounds. However, I have a lot of women join from America, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland and many other parts of the world.

Exchange rates vary day by day, so if you’re trying to work out the cost in your currency, the best thing is to type it as a question into google. You can literally write, “What is £497 in [insert currency here]?”

Alternatively, please email [email protected] and we can look it up for you.

At checkout, you can pay in your currency. The money is then transferred to me in pounds.

• SunnyDays930
    So that's around 600 US dollars.