Waking up in middle of the night

2»

Replies

• 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited December 2021
    I doubt this is your reason....lol..... but I started waking up in the middle of the night during menopause and it hasn't changed..... I can not remember the last time I "slept thru the night". Most nights I can fall back to sleep but not always..... <<<<sigh>>>> I really miss sleeping thru the night :|

Same - and I used to sleep really well. Problem is then I fall asleep on the couch the next evening and the whole thing repeats. Maybe once every week or so I get so exhausted and manage to stay awake late enough that I sleep through the night.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    I just reinstated my weighted blanket (didn't use it at all last winter due to injuries/surgery) and realized it seems to help me get back to sleep faster when I wake up in the middle of the night, which is guaranteed at least once a night. It was a pretty dramatic difference when I started using it again because I'd been having an extended period of long wakefulness.

It also makes getting out of bed a lot less appealing when the alarm goes off though.
  • dontlikepeople
    dontlikepeople Posts: 132 Member
    I wake up in the middle of the night every night to go to the restroom. I haven't slept a full 8 hours undisturbed in years. :neutral: I usually have no issue falling back asleep though thankfully, but yeah, somewhere between 1 and 3am every night....
  • JeanineRevell
    JeanineRevell Posts: 9 Member
    Go to You Tube and try one of there Sleep and lose weigh hypnosis. Even If I get up to go pee (at 65 you do most the time) I go back to listening and fall back sleep.