SANTA’S TOY HUNT CHALLENGE - Tracking Thread

Options
Lopeyp
Lopeyp Posts: 1,356 Member

The holidays are fast approaching and Santa’s elves needs some help gathering those last few special items for Santa’s sleigh.

This is an individual challenge. Use a pedometer or cardio equipment to determine the number of steps that you’ve traveled.

In this challenge, you will accumulate 8,000 steps and then make a pick. Your pick could be an activity, exercise, or an item for the sleigh. If you pick the item, you will move on immediately. If your pick is an not the item, you will complete the activity, post that you’ve completed it, and make another pick here on the challenge thread. You could have to do two activities at each stop before you pick the item.

There are 10 items to gather to fill Santa’s bag.

Santa’s got a long ride ahead of him and has to get going. The sun is glistening off the snow at the North Pole. Elvis, the elf has a lead on a handsome toy soldier in Germany, so let’s get moving.

When you’ve accumulated 8,000 steps and then make a pick (1,2, or 3) and post here on the challenge thread.

Use this template to post daily to keep track of your progress:

Name:
Today’s Steps:
Accumulated Steps: (reset your steps to zero after each stop)
Traveling to Stop: # (1-10)
Completed Stops:

Replies

• ruthe_51
    ruthe_51 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'm going to drop the other challenges - that should help you, Diane, have to focus only on this one - I'm assuming I'm the only one hanging out there. I'm ready to move forward tomorrow.
  • Lopeyp
    Options
    Yes, no one else has posted since you. I finally got my computer fixed and have it relatively back to normal.
    Thanks Ruth ;)
  • ruthe_51
    Options
    Name: Ruth
    Today’s Steps: 10947
    Traveling to Stop: # 1 and I choose #1
    Completed stops
  • Lopeyp
    Options
    Ruth
    You have arrived in Germany. Do 30 minutes of yoga. Make another pick.

• kde490
    kde490 Posts: 258 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Stop 1 - pick 3.

Name: Kenya
    Today’s Steps: 15,974
    Accumulated Steps: 15,974
    Traveling to Stop: 1
    Pick: 3
    Completed Stops:
  • janeem1
    janeem1 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Name:Jane
    Today’s Steps:7246 + 7549(day before)
    Accumulated Steps: (reset your steps to zero after each stop)14795
    Traveling to Stop: # (1-10) 1
    pick 3
    Completed Stops:
  • Lopeyp
    Options
    Kenya

You have arrived in Germany. Congratulations! You found the toy soldier. Tin soldiers were produced here as early as the 1730s, by molding the metal between two pieces of slate. Toy soldiers became widespread during the 18th century, inspired by the military exploits of Frederick the Great.
    Next you are looking for a Red Wagon and there’s a well-known toy company located in Chicago, Illinois.
  • Lopeyp
    Options
    Jane
    You have arrived in Germany. Read this article: http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/wellness_articles.asp?id=894. Practice one of the meditation methods discussed in this article for 20 minutes. Make another pick.
  • janeem1
    Options
    For some reason I have been unable to access this article. But I did do some meditation last night anyway. If this is acceptable my next pick is 1
  • Lopeyp
    Options
    Jane

Congratulations! You found the toy soldier. Tin soldiers were produced here as early as the 1730s, by molding the metal between two pieces of slate. Toy soldiers became widespread during the 18th century, inspired by the military exploits of Frederick the Great.
    Next you are looking for a Red Wagon and there’s a well-known toy company located in Chicago, Illinois.
  • ruthe_51
    Options
    I completed my Yoga. I choose #2.

Today’s Steps: 10947
    Traveling to Stop: # 1 and I choose #2
    Completed stops
  • kde490
    kde490 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Stop 2 - pick 1.

Name: Kenya
    Today’s Steps: 11100
    Traveling to Stop: 2
    Pick: 1
    Completed Stops: Germany (A favorite of mine.)
  • Lopeyp
    Options
    Ruth

Read this article: http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/wellness_articles.asp?id=894. Practice one of the meditation methods discussed in this article for 20 minutes. Make another pick.
  • Lopeyp
    Options
    Kenya

You have arrived in Chicago. Do this boxing workout: https://www.gethealthyutv.com/video/10-minute-cardio-kickboxing-017724/
    Make another pick.
  • janeem1
    Options
    Name:Jane
    Today’s Steps:13295
    Accumulated Steps: 13285
    Traveling to Stop: # (1-10) 2
    pick 3
    Completed Stops:1
  • ruthe_51
    Options
    I completed my Walking Meditation. I choose #3 which is the final choice so I did my walk (not including my Meditation Walk) and I choose #1.

Today's steps: 9100
    Traveling to Stop: # 1 and I choose #3; Stop #2 and I choose 1.
    Completed stops: Germany
  • Lopeyp
    Options
    Jane
    You have arrived in Chicago. Do this boxing workout: https://www.gethealthyutv.com/video/10-minute-cardio-kickboxing-017724/. Make another pick.
  • Lopeyp
    Options
    Ruth

Congratulations! You found the toy soldier. Tin soldiers were produced here as early as the 1730s, by molding the metal between two pieces of slate. Toy soldiers became widespread during the 18th century, inspired by the military exploits of Frederick the Great.

Stop 2
    You have arrived in Chicago. Do this video. http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/videos-detail.asp?video=61 Make another pick.
  • ruthe_51
    Options
    I did the kickboxing video; I choose 2.

Today's steps:
    Traveling to Stop: #2 and I choose 2
    Completed stops: Germany
  • Lopeyp
    Options
    Ruth
    Congratulations! You found the red wagon. Radio Flyer is an American toy company best known for their popular red toy wagon. Radio Flyer also produces scooters, tricycles, bicycles, horses, and ride-ons. The company was founded in 1917 and is based in Chicago, Illinois.
    Next you are heading to Australia in pursuit of a handcrafted rocking horse.