1131415161719»

Replies

• izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 905 Member
    Izzyred9400
    Sat weigh in
    PW 132.4
    CW 135
    Expected a gain after a week of alot of eating & drinking but I enjoyed it.New Year new start,feeling positive 😀
    Happy New Year to everyone.Lets hope despite covid still hanging around we can all support each other through our health journeys & struggles.

Steps
    12/27 2,012
    12/28 5,034
    12/29 14,416
    12/30 9,721
    12/31 10,275
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    Happy New Year!

Your new team chat thread for January is open! Please finish up this week's weigh-ins here, and to to the new thread for introductions and getting ready for the January challenge to officially begin Sunday:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10852329/shape-shifters-team-chat-january-2022/p1?new=1
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,075 Member
    asg7dgbbcbmz.jpg

Good Morning all and Happy New Year!!! I woke up this morning with such hope for what I know is going to be a phenomenal year for all of us!!! I cannot wait to see what we accomplish in 2022!!! I'm not sure what brought this on, but I've spent a LOT of time over the past week reviewing the past, planning my goals for the month and the future and I'm really excited. I started out the morning with a half mile walk and even though I need to be careful, I plan to do some kind of activity every day. There are so many victories ahead!! I hope you feel the same optimism as I do.

Later this evening, I'll post the next Group Challenge which hooks onto the New Year/New You challenge we're finishing today. The comments in there this week have been amazing and I've enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts, goals and plans. This coming week, we'll do some more mental prep, because as we all know, that's the majority of what holds us back--you just gotta get your frame of mind right. I'll also have some tips for being more active during January. Watch for the link this evening (starts tomorrow).

I see that the MODS have opened up the new chat thread, so I'll be cross-posting a few things today so that no one misses out.

Hope you all have a beautiful day today. I'm teaching my last two piano lessons today and then it's done. Several people have asked about my next step. Piano was always my part-time job, so I'll be continuing with my full-time job where I've been for nearly 18 years. I work for a Worldwide Transportation Company. I'm on Logistics Support team of their IT department in the US Corporate office. I really love it. Thank you all for caring and giving me encouragement. More than a few tears were shed during those last lessons this week, so your kindness meant a lot.

Jessica

uzfvuahcrbho.jpg

• jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    Jazzadesigns
    Saturday
    PW: 215.3
    CW: 220.5 (+5.2)

I went way off track over the holidays so I am not surprised at all. I am up 6.9 lbs from the lowest I was before Thanksgiving. So time to get back on track!👍

• jessicakrall8
    REMINDER

@PatriceFitnessPal When I sent out my reminders for the week, I failed to include you from the Goal Zone...apologies for my oversight. Can you please post your weigh in for this week so I can fill in the chart and get you set up with a beginning weight for January? Thanks!
    Jessica
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Daily Step Goal: 8,000
    12/29: 11,888
    12/30: 11,191
    12/31: 8,676

141746l4fiobzhr4.gif
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 345 Member
    Cre804
    Friday
    PW 195.5
    CW 197.0

My weight has been steadily increasing since late October. Usually I can keep it under control this time of year but I’ve seemed to forget how to prepare healthy meals. Then we had all the traditional sweets this week. My kids were in town for the holidays, both getting over illness. One is lactose-intolerant, the other is vegan/vegetarian but can’t eat beans or lentils so coupled with a husband who always wants meat-and-potatoes food, meals are always a challenge. I just kinda threw up my hands and we ate out entirely too much.

Since today is New Year’s Day, black-eyed peas and cabbage are on the menu. I think unstuffed cabbage might be a good choice to start the year right. My son left yesterday and my daughter heads home today so I will begin the processes of putting away decorations and getting back into a healthy routine.

Happy New Year, y’all! 🥳
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,915 Member
    Hi SS's ...You have a new member joining you .. Please welcome @Refresh22 :)
  • jessicakrall8
    edited January 2022
    n9kw2w6bb9bt.jpg

Welcome to Shape Shifters to our newbies!!

@Refresh22
    @Fattleass
    @seeless25
    @ac204

January stats begin on Sunday the 2nd and we're all looking forward to great numbers this month! More importantly than those numbers though, are all of the little changes you'll be making this month...moving more...snacking less...healthier foods...meal planning...journaling...tracking...drinking more water...finding new routines...giving up bad habits...being accountable...finding ways to walk more...new exercise routines...finding a weight loss buddy...setting goals...there are a million of them. Don't try to do them all at once...just make new small changes when you're ready. Remember, it's a marathon, not a sprint.

Let your team know what we can do to help...participate in our discussions, post questions, share recipes and most of all, SHARE YOUR STRUGGLES...I guarantee something you say will help someone else and you'll become an important part of someone else's support system. That's what our team is about! @TheMrWobbly and I am here to help in any way we can.

Looking forward to a great month with you as last week I met my intentional walking goal of 35 miles. It felt great, even though it had nothing to do with the scale. Those non-scale victories feel amazing. You'll see many of those this month. YOU GOT THIS!!!

Good luck in January...let's make it a amazing month (and an amazing start to a better year)! It all starts one step at a time!
    Jessica

• Fattleass
    Fattleass Posts: 223 Member
    Happy New Year to all of you be safe and have some fun
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Let’s post this last weigh in just before time expires….

Beka3696
    Saturday
    Pw: 188???
    Cw: 192.4

I came down with covid earlier this week and only want to eat carbs…. Sweet is the only taste I can detect..: go figure!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,322 Member
    Name: PatriceFitnessPal
    Weigh-in Day: Thursday
    PW: 125.8
    CW: 125.8

SW: 168
    LTD: 42.2

Maintenance goal: 125-130

Sorry for the delay, @jessicakrall8. I’m on vacation with my family and I couldn’t find a scale at the hotel we were at last week. They didn’t even have one in the gym but we checked into a new place for a couple days on our way back home. I’ve probably moved up and down a bit since my last weigh in but the scale landed on the same number today!

We were traveling most of the day yesterday - and I was not in the mood to workout today - but I was glad I made it to the gym. Even if I didn’t burn as many calories as I usually do, it’s good to reinforce the habit.

I hope everyone is getting a good start to the new year!
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,542 Member
    Saturday, January 01

Exercise: walk (+/- 5 km)
    Steps: 21.777 / 11.000

Ramblings of the day
    Good morning Shape Shifters. I had a pretty busy day. Since it was finally dry and not too windy, I managed to go out for another walk. It was a nice, but pretty standard forest walk. Although it did a fair imitation of a swamp at times too, it was a very soppy walk. I will share some pictures, but they are nothing special this time. After I got home and had a shower, I cleaned a lot downstairs and did some laundry. I was pretty exhausted after that and went to bed on time. Today I am going to give Tinus a butt bath, which I am sure he will be thrilled about. :smiley: I guess I gave him one snack too many and his stool didn't agree with it. Since he is a long hair that means he is now smelly. I have only ever had to do this twice before in the past (almost) 7 years and he is pretty tolerant so I think it will be okay. Happy Sunday everyone <3
    ZFaiUuG.jpg
    w9DviYF.jpg
    weomSnI.jpg
    EV7HLOr.jpg
This discussion has been closed.