krea4 Posts: 1,812 Member
    @broncobuddee
    Krea4
    Mondays
    PW: 66.30kg
    CW: 67.60     149.0 lbs
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,862 Member
    @bgame4 @davidji82 @GabiV125 Congrats on making it onto the leaderboard!

@laurelfit57 I hope you had a good Boxing Day and a Merry Christmas! It is a tough time of year for many, and it was tough for me personally. But it's over so I'm ready for the fun holiday coming up on Friday! Yeah having weigh-in day right after Christmas is tough lol. Meal prepping is great and really helpful. I need to get back into that, I used to meal prep every Sunday but got away from that with the pandemic. It's so helpful though. Turkey barley soup sounds amazing! Sounds like you have great goals.

@murdog3t Great job with the exercise! Hang in there.

@TeresaW1020 Yes! The new year is right around the corner. Time to start thinking about where we want to be in 2022. I need to take the Christmas stuff down but I have a feeling it will be up until February this year lol.

@adoglover Welcome to the team! I'm a dog lover, too. We are in the process of adopting our foster dog right now. I look forward to getting to know you!

Hi all. Yesterday was a happier day. I got to spend time with my husband and I also organized my craft area which was out of control lol. I have to work this week Mon-Thurs. I hope the time flies by. @laurelfit57 is inspiring me to start meal prepping again. I will try this Sunday to prep a few meals.

100-day challenge commitments:
    1. I will put my utensil down between bites. ✅
    2. Chew slowly and chew enough. ✅
    3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P. Challenge: ✅

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,004 Member
    Hi, Just a quick check in today.... not much going on. My stomach hurt last night because I've been eating too much. It's nice that my body gives me a nudge now as it didn't used to do that. This week will be devoted to getting caught up on little things I put aside in order to get ready for Christmas and reflecting and planning for 2022.

This week is not going to be real good for eating---we are planning a few eat outs before the kids go back to school. My daughter got a job by school and will be working weekends, so not sure when she will be back to visit. I think a family dinner out is in order.

It's nice to see goals already being posted @laurelfit57--- thanks for the motivation!

Welcome- @adoglover!

Have a good week everyone!

Lisa
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,903 Member
    Hi MS....You have another new member joining your wonderful team ... Please welcome @ppmusic06 :)
  • ppmusic06
    ppmusic06 Posts: 3 Member
    Hello!

My name is Erin. I currently work in a retirement community that houses independent living, assisted living, and memory care as an activities assistant. I spend most of my day at work in memory care trying to make the residents smile and laugh with my wacky antics. In my free time (during the spring, summer, and fall) I enjoy fishing and camping. I actually graduate in May from Central Michigan University with my bachelors in Psychology.

Here's to starting to loose weight!
    Erin
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Welcome to the team @adoglover and @ppmusic06 It is wonderful to have you both here on Mission Slimpossibles. I look forward to getting to know you both. :)

@laurelfit57 You have a very good plan going into 2022 and I have no doubt that if you stick to it you will get that last 10 lbs off. I like the keeping it simple approach too and plan to try not to take on too many challenges or complicated ways myself. ;)

@trooworld I am so glad that you had a better day yesterday. Yeah, I remember that you used to do a lot of meal prepping. That might be a very good thing for you to get back to. :)

@Cornanda This week between Christmas and New Year is always weird. Just do the best you can and enjoy your kids while you have them with you. <3

Hi Team! Well, I got all the Christmas packed away at the church so that feels good. Hubby got a call from the doctor and his surgery has been postponed to Monday the 3rd. We are not very happy since we had it all planned to get it done this week. But it is what it is so we will adjust our plans and attitudes. :/ Tomorrow evening we are going to a festival of lights down at the botanical gardens and then out to a nice dinner. It’s our last bash before we bring in the New Year and I’m looking forward to it just being the two of us. :)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,010 Member
    edited December 2021
    Two new members will be heading your way soon - welcome @FushiaKat and @jnoe3622
    Have a great beginning to 2022, everyone :heart:
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 515 Member
    Hi Team MS
    I'm joining your group, thank you for having me. I'm a 61-year-old female, I used to weigh 250 pounds but now I'm down to 183.4 My goal weight is 145 and I'm expecting to get there by the end of July 2022 I've been on MFP for 136 days, and I've lost 36 pounds. I've never counted calories before joining MFP, but something had to change. I didn't like being a 2X person. And in 2012 I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. Being overweight is really hard on me all around. I've been married to the same wonderful man for 32 years. We have 7 rescue cats; they come to our house and get adopted because we just can't leave them outside to be some coyote's dinner. Our newest member is Mr. Snicket, he is in the adolescent stage and is really a handful at times. I promise to be a responsible team member.
    Question: If my weigh-in day's are Tuesday's, what is my first weigh-in date?
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 475 Member
    edited December 2021
    @trooworld I really am sorry that your Christmas was tough, but so glad that things are starting to look up! I hope your BIL is doing better. Sounds like you have fun plans for New Year’s Eve!
    Well I was going to make turkey barley soup, all the stores are sold out of barley LOLLOL. I had to order some off of Amazon🤪. I did make two different turkey casseroles, those are 12 servings each so my freezer will be filling up :-) :-).

@Cornanda it is nice when our bodies give us that nudge, my body was definitely complaining on Christmas Day! Enjoy the time with your family, as they get older it can sometimes get to fleeting!

@ppmusic06 welcome!! It sounds like you have a fabulous job! In a different lifetime I used to be a nurse and spent five years working with seniors, some of my most enjoyable nursing years!! Your graduation will be here before you know it, yay!

@TeresaW1020 I am so sorry that you’re’s husband surgery was postponed, especially after all that prep you did😩. The festival of lights sounds like a lot of fun, especially going out to dinner afterwards :-) :-). I meant to tell you a while ago when I saw the picture of your rings, absolutely stunning!

@Fushiacat welcome!! Huge congratulations on your success thus far, Way to go! I can totally relate to the extra weight being hard, especially as the years creep by. I am 64 years old and was just commenting a while ago on how much easier it is for me to be playing with my grand children, even getting up off the floor is so much easier! It sounds like you have a very full and loving household, one very lucky lady!
    I’m sorry I can’t give you an answer as to weigh in days, but I’m sure somebody here will be able to fill you in.

Today was just a so-so day. I had hoped to be rocking both the eating and the exercise, but I just did OK. I did get some meal prep done so I’m excited about that, I was on point calorie wise but definitely not macro wise. Exercise did not happen today. My grand kiddos spent the night and I always find it tough to get my steps in when they are here. I did have a plan to go to agility class this afternoon, thus reaching my 10,000 steps. That did not happen. It is so cold here, we are now in an extreme cold temperature warning, half the time this winter, I feel like I am living in the Yukon!! After my daughter picked up my grandkids, I started my car and the check engine light went off, the all-wheel-drive system warning lights went off and low tire gauge went off. I know it is all just to do with cold weather but it made me too nervous to drive. It is even too cold to go out for more than five minutes, honestly I am out long enough to for Vannie to do her business, then we are running straight back in. It looks like there is no let up for the next two weeks.
    I talk to my son-in-law about my car and he said he was sure it was fine for me to drive, it was just complaining a lot because of the extreme cold temperatures. So I will be off to the gym tomorrow for my first spin class this week
    ngb0yaukunmi.png

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Hi team MS ..Another new member heading your way ... Please welcome @shawetan :)
  • shawetan
    shawetan Posts: 72 Member
    Hi Team I will be joining your group and really excited.
    This is Shaweta here and have a 4 year old kid. I am really looking forward to the group motivation and accountability. I have never calculated macros. I will be a little slow but will pick up the pace soon. I want to lose 15 lbs, gained a lot of weight during this pandemic and want to get back in shape and feel more confident about myself. I am really excited as it will be my first challenge.
    I have 2 questions-
    -When is my firstt weigh in date- is it 1st January as my weigh in day is Saturday
    -Will there be mini challenges which one can do at home or we need gym. I do my workout at home only.
    Thanks
    Shaweta
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,004 Member
    @ppmusic06 - Welcome! It sounds like you like your job and working memory care is not always an easy job. How exciting that you will be graduating!

@TeresaW1020 - that is a bummer since last week you were shocked that he would be in the hospital so soon and for New Years, worked your butt off to get ready and then they changed it. But you're right, it is what it is. Enjoy your evening out! That's what we are going to do also- a light display, then dinner. We're going tomorrow.

@FushiaKat - Welcome! Congrats on your weight loss so far- Great work! Mr Snicket is a very cute cat name.

@laurelfit57 - Brrrrr, you are making me cold! I think you are at where I am at right now with following my plan. I'd hope to be back at it by now, but life is getting in my way. Yay you on getting the meal prep done!

@shawetan - Welcome to the group- nice to meet you. Hope you find this helpful!

Well Slims, I could list all the things that are getting in my way this week, but they are not very interesting. I will confess that I've been up at night eating two more times. I feel I've drifted pretty far away from the good head space that I was in. See how quick that can happen! I'm going to work on paddling my boat in the right direction. I'm going to get back on the horse and get going again.... how many metaphors can we think of for getting back on track?

Lisa
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @FushiaKat Welcome to the team and congrats on your amazing weight loss! You are proof that if we work our plan the plan will work for us. How sweet to have so many cats that you have given a good home to. Mr. Snicket is a great name! We are a pet-loving team so you already fit right in. :grin: Your first weigh-in day will be Tuesday, January 4th, and then every Tuesday after that.

@laurelfit57 Thanks for mentioning my rings. I am still holding out my hand constantly to watch the sparkle. :grin: Ohhhh my goodness that is colder than my mind can comprehend! And here we are in Georgia with temps in the 70s and our trees starting to bud because we didn’t get the memo that it’s winter. Do be careful when walking Vannie and driving your car! <3

@shawetan Welcome to our team!! You will find a lot of support here as you work on your weight loss. To answer your questions: We run our weeks from Sunday to Saturday and our new month starts on January 2. So since your weigh-in is on Saturday, your first day will be January 8. You will find weekly challenges on the main page for Fat2Fit and the link for them will be posted each week. Some will be exercised based. We sometimes do challenges in our team too and working out at home is perfectly fine. That is how I work out as well. :)

@Cornanda Girl, you are the queen of the metaphors! I am right there with you with the drifting headspace. We are WILL get back on track!! There is no other option. I hope you enjoy your light display and dinner out too. We are still trying to choose where to eat. I’m voting for the local brewery that has amazing food. :)
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,862 Member
    @Cornanda I can always tell how healthy I've been eating by if I start getting heartburn/acid reflux. It is a nice reminder to get back on track. Lately, I've been having these reminders. :( I need to start reflecting on 2021 and planning for 2022 as well. A family dinner does sound in order. Enjoy! Oh I just saw your second post. I'm sorry you are struggling. What is one thing you can do today to be healthier?

@ppmusic06 Hi and welcome! That sounds like a tough, but rewarding, job. I love to camp as well, although we don't do it very much because of our schedules.

@TeresaW1020 Thanks! Yeah, I think the meal prepping WOULD be a good thing. It would cut down on the nonsense that is going on now. ;) Enjoy the dinner!

@FushiaKat Welcome to our team! Wow, congrats on your progress so far. I love animals, especially cats and dogs. Mr. Snicket is a great name for a kitty. Feel free to post a pic of your lovely kitties, we have some animal lovers on this board!

@laurelfit57 Thanks, I appreciate your support. No, he's not but it is what it is. Yes, NYE should be fun! I love to make appetizers and hang out. No barley??? Oh no! That's great that you have two casseroles to fill your belly. Getting meal prep done will be a great help. Yay for being on point with the calories! Oh gosh, that would be scary to have all the warning lights go off. I'm glad you know it is just the cold. Enjoy the spin class. -28C is really cold, wow!

@shawetan Hi and welcome to our team! You are not alone with your pandemic weight gain but you are in the right place for support and motivation!

Hi all. It was a slow day at work yesterday being one of only 3 in the office out of 14. I forgot my breakfast at home so I had to get something from the cafe and they have NOTHING healthy there, so I got nothing healthy lol. I need to make a plan for 2022. Things can't stay the same.

100-day challenge commitments:
    1. I will put my utensil down between bites. ✅
    2. Chew slowly and chew enough. ✅
    3. Stop Eating C.R.A.P. Challenge: X

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Username:@leonadixon

PW 11/24: 224.1

Check in weight (12/1/2021): 223.8
    Check in weight (12/8/2021): 223.5
    Check in weight (12/15/2021):224.5
    Check in weight (12/22/2021):226.0
    Check in weight (12/29/2021:225.8

Not closing out the month well, but there is so much stress going on at work still. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! Happy New Year!
  • FushiaKat
    edited December 2021
    FUSHIAKAT
    (Tuesday 12-28-2021)
    PW =183.4
    CW= 180.2

I know this is not my official weigh-in day here, but Tuesdays are my weigh-in day. I did really well last week and I'm very proud of myself. I had a couple of rough days that almost got the best of me, but I kept to my plan and under my calorie goal. I'm 6.2 pounds away from the BMI overweight category.
  • FushiaKat
    edited December 2021
    0ik5amu9e3j6.jpg
    This is Mr. Snicket
    OMG he's a hand full, he's been in the Washer, Dryer, Cupboard, Dishwasher, and Closets. He somehow got on the side of the refrigerator and was looking at where the ice comes out of the ice maker too!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    You have another new member joining you ... Please welcome @cybernurse251 :)
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 475 Member
    @shaweta welcome!! I know I definitely put on Covid weight! This is a great place to come for motivation, accountability and support! I know you have got to be one busy lady with a four-year-old running around :-) :-)

@Cornanda I am right there with you! I thought I was going to be able to hop right back on board, as soon as Christmas was over. I was so in the zone for all of fall and leading right up to Christmas, it is definitely taking me a minute to get back there!

@TeresaW1020 can I come visit you??? This cold snap is only supposed to last for two weeks, I would definitely help you with all of your cleaning and organizing!🤣. 70° sounds heavenly!

@trooworld I think with the thousands of recipes you have, meal prep might be an easy thing :-). My barley arrived this afternoon, I have everything cut up and prepped, ready to throw in the slow cooker first thing tomorrow morning.
    It must have been very weird to only be one of three people in an office at 14!

@leonadixon wow, huge congrats on the weight loss! Over Christmas, that’s huge!

@FushiaKat WOWZA!!! Good for you on your weight loss! That you did this over Christmas is crazy! Congratulations!!
    Haha Mr. Snicket is SO cute!!

Well, it was a better day for me today. Macros were much more on point, I did my spin class and loved it, although, I thought I was going to drop🤣. I have come to realize that if I am exercising regularly and actually feeling strong because of it, I do much better eating wise. I was able to get my car to my mechanic, apparently it was a valve that malfunctioned and set off the warning lights, all is right with the world now.
    I took Vannie to Home Depot to do some obedience work, if she doesn’t get exercise, she can be sort of like Mr. Snicket, Just looking for trouble🤣. This is Vannie, doing a stay as I walked away from her, she looks so little and lonely🥰
    4ac5wjyiv1m3.jpeg
  • FushiaKat
    @laurelfit57 Vannie is SOOO cute!! Got to love our pets. Mr. Snicket found the key rack on the wall today, and also got into the basket of dish towels I keep on the kitchen counter for drying our hands.

Today was a pretty good day for me, I kept under my calorie budget of 1200 calories. Last week I had to buy new bras, and as soon as my skirts touch the top of my shoes, I will buy smaller ones. I like to shop at the Salvation Army store, and I have not been there since Covid first reared its ugly head. Or I should just clean out my closet, that would be a good goal for me. I'm currently an XL Blouse, I have a bunch of XXL blouse that I could donate. I can't wait to be a medium.

There's just my husband and myself, no family to speak of so it's easier for me to stay on track. We never go out to eat, I cook everything. When we want a special meal or twice a week, we make loaded baked potatoes and that satisfies us.

My loaded baked potato is 300 grams, it has Kingsford No Salt Seasoning and Smoked Paprika. 9 ounces of shrimp, 1/4 cup chopped green onion, a bag of frozen Birds Eye Steamer broccoli and cauliflower and 1 cup of Queso cheese sauce with Hatch Green Chilies added. The best Queso cheese sauce is made by Tostitos. It's a lot to eat and I usually save a portion of it to eat as a snack later.

Since I am immune system compromised, I'm really careful about where I go, and I always wear my mask.
This discussion has been closed.