Replies

• musicsax
    musicsax Posts: 4,276 Member
    Options
    @CamandJarvis - keeping everything crossed for you x
  • musicsax
    musicsax Posts: 4,276 Member
    Options
    House update: Our agent dig some digging -- the sellers (we think more their agent than them) are not accepting our offer because it's a VA loan. And apparently they want full asking price (a legitimate reason so they don't get in trouble law-wise for discrimination. We think so since Agent said it was an afterthought comment during their discussion why it was denied so quickly)

So we are, just to see if it's simply the VA loan, offering $5000 above asking with the concession they pay $5000 in closing (at the end of it, they still get full asking price. We are just asking them to pay the $5000 up front for closing and we pay on back end as part of the loan. They say they want full asking price, there it is)

It's more of a petty thing because our VA lender, our Agent, and both of us are veterans and nobody wants to just drop it. So we will play along to see if they're really just discriminating. There are currently no other offers on the house so if they deny it, we know it's not because they have a better offer. And we met their only other "reason" for denying it by offering full asking price.

We are petty and we know it. I wasn't quite involved in the discussion, I was told about it after the fact. But hey, I'll play along. BF has a law degree so he knows what i's to dot and t's to cross if it becomes necessary. Plus, BF really loves the house (I love what I can see based on photos and descriptions) and we don't want to walk away and settle for something we don't absolutely love just because we weren't willing to fight.

I'll try not to spam with updates, but I'm frustrated with the situation and needed to rant it out somewhere... Thank you all for being a safe place for me to release all these pent up thoughts and craziness

Don't worry about getting it off your chest here, if helps, then we are always here to listen!