JUST FOR TODAY--One Day at a Time--Daily Commitment Thread for 2022

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,913 Member
    JFT - Nov 29
    Weight - 192.4

JFT - Nov 30
    Weight - 192.2

It sure helps not having all the salts. Tomorrow may be up a bit again, lots of carbs today.

I’ll catch up more tomorrow, very late right now.
  • hlnnan
    hlnnan Posts: 19 Member
    JFT - 01 Dec :)

I will stick to my calorie budget and food plan.

I need this after the previous week!!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,441 Member
    JFT Wednesday
    - Work by 8:00 :( Close, but not quite
    - Morning meetings :smiley:
    - Training sessions :smiley:
    - Mini meals :smiley:
    - Log food :blush:
    - stay green :(
    - low-ish carb dinner :neutral:
    - Evening activity (Tree or trivia) :smiley:
    - Bed by 11:00 :smiley:

I did well yesterday until I went to trivia. I had some beer which means I went over calories and had more carbs than planned. Oh well, we had fun and even won at trivia. Wednesday night trivia is usually a 2nd or 3rd place finish for us when it is just Tim and I. Most teams are 7-10 people, we were always just 2, but we had 5 last night. Made it more fun and brought more knowledge to the table.

Work day came too early this morning, but I made my 7:00am meeting (and the 8:00 & 8:30). I'm going to miss the 9:30 meeting to go to a funeral for a friend's father. I didn't know him, so it's just to show support. I may actually just go for the visitation and come back before the funeral.

No real plans other than that.

If you are the praying type, could you please lift up my cousin's son Hayden in your prayers today. He is 13 and having his pace maker replaced. He is a remarkable kid, a miracle child at OSU Children's hospital. He was born missing a portion of his heart, but he lives life to the fullest. This is a new procedure for a pediatric patient, and the recovery is supposed to be rough. Send some love to him and the doc's.

JFT Thursday
    - Work by 7:00 :smiley:
    - Morning meetings :smiley:
    - Visitation
    - back to work
    - mini meals
    - water
    - log food
    - stay green
    - Home by 4:00
    - Reasonable dinner
    - Bed by 11:00

Much love y'all!

• renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    JFT - Dec 1

: stay within calorie budget
    : drink 64oz of water
    : do BOD workout

Hope everyone is having a good day. Here’s to the start of a new month. 💪🏻
  • sugarfreesquirrel
    sugarfreesquirrel Posts: 268 Member
    How has this thread helped you? do you check in every day?
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,441 Member
    How has this thread helped you? do you check in every day?

I find that writing down my goals and sharing them with others helps to hold me accountable. If I say only 2 beers, I'm more likely to stick to the limit than if I don't set a goal on nights when I go out. Just an example... I feel good when I meet my goals.

It isn't a judgement zone if you miss your goals, it's more of a support group or a community. They cheer you on on the good days, and offer encouragement when you struggle.

Yes I check in almost every day, but not all do.
  • sugarfreesquirrel
    sugarfreesquirrel Posts: 268 Member
    Just for today
    [x]Walk for 15 minutes
    []Keep water on me all day
    []Have 3 cups of vegetables
    []Have an apple
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,241 Member
    edited December 2022
    Hubbys surgery went well yesterday. The surgeon dug pretty deep, and hubby has about a 3" stitches, but they got all the cancer removed.
    Really working hard on my nite time snacking .. but last nite hubby wanted popcorn, so we had that.

JFT, 12/1
    log all food
    concentrate on water
    go to gym :) Already done!
    evening snack .. only a apple, protein shake, or frozen grapes

5 pound challenge .. lost 5# by end of year! Weigh-ins
    Trying to weigh every saturday
    November 12: 205.0 ! Yikes. I knew I was up, because my jeans are once again tight. So my goal is to be back in onderland by January 1st!
    Nov 18: 207.2 --- the scale is going the wrong direction.. and when I look back, I know why.Its mindless eating of even "healthy" foods like raisins, banannas, nuts, etc. So, that must stop
    Nov 26: 209. going in the wrong direction... back to starting weight ... but tomorrow is a new day. too much overeating for thanksgiving, so hoping for a loss next week.

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 3,008 Member
    JFT for 11/30/2022 (yesterday)✔️
    1) No dessert today, unless I have one at friend's company party tonight.(last 11/12) Can have sugarfree or no sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash today & none ice cream that my friend brought.✔️
    3) No peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 11/16)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until next Monday.✔️
    5) Up to 1.5 oz hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 11/28). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g), but none of Gary's.✔️
    8) No beef jerky today.✔️
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (last 10/19) (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)✔️
    10) Sweet potato or pumpkin ok today.✔️Didn't eat today.
    11) Can eat what I want at friend's company party tonight.✔️
    JFT for 12/1/2022 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today. (last 11/30) Can have sugarfree or no sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash today & none ice cream that my friend brought.
    3) Can have peanut butter today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 11/16)
    4) Don't weigh again until next Friday. (need to weigh for nutritionist Friday)
    5) No hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 11/30). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey today(1-3 Tbsp.). (a little in honey mustard ok)
    7) Nuts ok (22-26 g), but none of Gary's.
    8) No beef jerky today.
    9) No chicken Vienna sausage ok today (last 10/19) (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)
    10) Sweet potato or pumpkin ok today.
    11) Can eat lunch early today due to lunch meeting.

================== 4DW started (none for now) =============
    Since MFP is going to close the blogs soon, I have to move my 4DWs (4 Day Wins) here.
    Now in shared file:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zarlETHtkiVUD1O6BKpHA7GCNFJS8IdF/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,594 Member
    Late posting today, but keeping myself accountable.

@pridesabtch Prayers for Hayden!
    @sugarfreesquirrel I agree with what @pridesabtch said about this thread. It's a great group for accountability without judgment, and support for each other. I find if I type goals out for others to read, it makes me more likely to follow through. It also serves as my to-do list (or ta-da, as someone once suggested). I usually post daily, but sometimes life is just too busy to be on my computer (I hate making JFT updates on my android phone). Once in a while we have challenges that are totally optional. Right now I'm in the "lose 5# by year end challenge".

Recap 11/30 W
    1) Month end weight & measurements taken & logged on MFP :neutral: Thanksgiving foods lol
    2) PT exercises :smiley: happy me
    3) Move hourly / >7500 steps :smiley: 8K 31 floors 12/14
    4) Make root veggie beef stew for supper ~ yum / net calories zero / >64 oz. water :smiley: net cals green 177, sodium high *sigh*, fiber excellent, protein & carbs ok, calcium not bad, 96 oz water
    5) SW calling 2pm ~ we were college roommates, really looking forward to talking first time in months <3 / finish declutter in family room YAY / dust ~ nearly done / start setting up nativities (I collect them, have lots) no time/energy / batteries in wreath & hang / make grocery list for tomorrow / another ta-da? compost bucket out to bin, started misc decorations, some digital decluttering
    6) Floss / retainers / pray :) 3x

JFT 12/1 R
    1) Walked dog 4.2 mi :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    2) Move hourly
    3) Leftovers for supper / net calories zero / >64 oz. water
    4) Grocery shopping ~ done / schedule cc pmt / dust mantle & start setting up nativities / another ta-da?
    5) Floss / retainers / pray

5# Challenge ~ using my Sat. w-i
    Nov. 12 = 175.5
    Nov. 19 = 175
    Nov. 26 = 176 Thanksgiving foods

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    65 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2022 Goals: mainly updates from the last two years
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~
    • 1.31.22 forgot to measure & log (DDS 8:20, quick stops at bread store & grocery essentials, then to mom & dad's for her bday)
    • 3.1.22 (still recovering from flu 2.23-2.25)
    • 3.31.22 maintaining not gaining
    • 4.30.22 barely maintaining
    • 5.31.22 ack
    • 6.30.22 ups & downs in June, but no worse at end of month
    • 8.2.22 up again ~ gah! (lazy in July & ate whatever I wanted)
    • 9.1.22 not doing so great eating-wise
    • 9.30.22 leveling off, starting downwards again :)
    • 10.31.22 not pretty... I can't stand being this heavy again!
    • 11.30.22 Thanksgiving foods put me up
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking dog, treadmill in winter, but include weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • Started PT (physical therapy) exercises 1.28.22 due to overuse of arthritic knees
    6) Participate in race or challenge events hopefully fewer virtual this year ~
    • started MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,022km challenge on Jan. 1
    • Frenzy on the Fox (River Trail) 5K on 1.21.22 ~ untimed event, per MapMyWalk 53.47 & ave. pace 16:30, frigid this year with wind chill at zero
    • registered for Seroogy's Valentine 5K on 2.5.22 ~ medico nixed race b/c inflammation in knee due to overuse & my arthritis = sad me but good for my knee
    • Bellin 10K on 6.11.22 (first time in person since 2019) ~ 1:41:02 ave. pace 16:27 first half 51:35 second half 50:26 & knees were fine :star: happy me
    • Packers 5K on 7.16.22 ~ 48:48 average pace 15:43 finished 37/81 in my age group (I'm oldest year in range haha)
    • Bellin Women's 5K on 10/1/22 (Packers 5K discount yay) ~ 48:56 ave. pace 15:45 overall 202 of 296 :star: not too shabby 9 days before I turned 65yo
    • register for Run for the Hill of It (trail) 5K on 10/8/22 (price goes up in Sept) ~ reconsidered due to knees on nature trails with rocks, tree roots & finishing up a very steep sledding hill... have decided not doing this year (maybe ever again = sad me b/c I love trail events)
    • watch for other events to add
    • maybe Jingle Bell 5K in person this year? need to watch for
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last two years to be continued
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ keeping this goal as well
    9) Continue to declutter bedroom, home office, former work from home space (a/k/a dining room) and basement ~ not much progress lately, at least dining room done
    Word for 2022: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,594 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Very winter-like weather today with temp 27F (-3C), with blustery winds & a few snow flakes falling, wind chill 12F. No dog walk today, did PT instead.

I walked dog 81.24 miles in November, my longest monthly distance this year. Very happy dog. Only 82.65km (51.37 mi) to reach 800km for the yearly challenge. That should be no problem, although weather-dependent for dog walks. Eventually, if roads become snow covered or icy, I will be forced to use basement treadmill (sad me and sad dog).

While I won't reach the ultimate goal of 1022km this year, I'm proud of what I've accomplished, with arthritis in both knees, overuse diagnosed early in the year, and physical therapy exercises.

This is an insane question but do you put the dog on the treadmill so he still gets a walk?
    If you do I still think that's great he gets a walk!
    I have to be careful with my dog because he's a whippet he has very short fur and not much body fat. So I need to buy him a coat really to go out in the cold weather. I was going to make him one but I can't sit and crochet for that long. It'd be summer by the time I finished it 😂

Not an insane question at all. But, nope, I do not walk our 45# dog on the treadmill. Mostly because she absolutely hates the treadmill. Once I turn it on, she leaves the room. She doesn't particularly like cold, but once she's on leash, she doesn't much mind. We have a fenced in backyard which is big enough for her to run after balls. That's where we let her out in winter when I can't walk her on snow-covered roads.

Here's several recent photos of her:
    Relaxing with her older kitty sister ~ they're good buddies.
    2vnpe4h88anu.jpg

Hiking this fall at an area park & happy dog!
    w23nes21jm5c.jpg

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,414 Member

If you are the praying type, could you please lift up my cousin's son Hayden in your prayers today. He is 13 and having his pace maker replaced. He is a remarkable kid, a miracle child at OSU Children's hospital. He was born missing a portion of his heart, but he lives life to the fullest. This is a new procedure for a pediatric patient, and the recovery is supposed to be rough. Send some love to him and the doc's.

I do believe in the power of prayer, and I just said a prayer for Hayden, his medical team and his family. xxoo
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - After I finish my sweet potato, I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    JFT Friday
    1. THINK PINK. Duolingo. Mail check! Take a pack of gum along :smiley:
    2. Write "How Do Taxes Work?" script.
    3. Shoot pass log video. Shoot "Incident" analysis video. Shoot Book I Love antho video.
    4. Reading - Libby. Update Goodreads!
    5. Write S&F and Clois. Call Z. Email about tutoring for Monday.
    6. Bingo for students done with course requests; help those who aren't done.
    7. Continue drafting unit plans.
    8. Evening: Thrifting? Dinner: Salad. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update JFT.
    9. Bedtime: Gratitude journal. Update IG. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Upcoming: Set up digital portfolio. Create online signups for trunk or treat and farmer's market and backpack blessings. Sat take Starbucks card on walk! Get elastic for shoes & take to shoe repair. Thu Dems mtg / podcast. Fri thrifting for angel tree/ secret Santa. Sat crafty @ library 2P w mom, then massage! Sun EGL 4-close. Can work NYE/Day.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    End of 2021: 194.4
    Today: 201.2

Long-term goals/progress

1. Professional / read current research. 2. Professional / present at conferences. 3. Professional / publish scholarly articles. 4. Professional / observe student needs and develop supports. 5. Professional / complete a doctorate. 6. Personal / retire comfortably. 7. Personal / renovate house. 8. Community / local progress. 9. Community / time with friends & family. 10. Medical/fitness.

1. Research: Five paragraph essay. How student attitudes affect standardized test results; student surveys.

2. Presenting: Promote YT channel. Invite guests.

3. Publishing: Read one journal article weekly; respond in a blog post. Clois for CWG. S&F for YT channel. Goodreads purchase list for McKay’s.

4. Observed student needs: Changing words between parts of speech (vocabulary/grammar). Synthesizing info from multiple sources, drawing conclusions (RI/W). EFFECTIVE transitions (W). Every day v everyday; any one v anyone (grammar). Sub/obj pronouns & structure (grammar). Poss v pl nouns (grammar). Short nonfic from Lat Amer/Africa/Asia (World Lit). ALA conference registration by March.

5. Doctorate: Research programs, requirements, resources, cost, timeline.

6. Retirement: Update name on JSSB acct. Check investments. Do years of service transfer? Theater CV. Entertainment experience. Duolingo/Lang8.

7. House: Floor joists. Siding. Gutters. Floors.

8. Local progress: Library. Theater. PC2V. City/county govt. Community kitchen. She Should Run vision statement. Ugly Christmas sweater / Hawaiian shirt. Push for diversity. Turn left!

9. Friends & extended family: Organize photos. Write postcards. Call weekly! Look for activities to do with friends. Purchase doll with long hair; practice French braid. Dance: tap, salsa, samba.

10. Immediate family: 20m room cleaning daily. When room is clean, nap together. Zoo? Drive white car together; practice solo driving. Load books in crate for McKay's. Work on staying home solo when dark. When is annual checkup? When is next therapy appt? Discuss regressive behaviors & becoming nonverbal when upset.

11. Medical: YMCA classes. Lift @ lunch. Maintain @ 155 w defined muscle tone. At 189, 1pr black 1pr white leggings; Hawaiian shirt. 179, 2 Svaha Rachel dresses. 169 suit - Indochino? 159 swing dance lessons. Talk to PCP about feet (cannot do calf raises, pushups, planks, mountain climbers, etc.) Also back and shoulder pain. Why can’t I sleep better? Is ADHD a possible factor? Dentist April 19 11a. Therapy Nov 21 11A. How to respond to regressive behavior? Obgyn Mar 15 11a.

WFTY: Focus. Tomorrow Friday. WHEW.
    2020 WFTY: Progress. 2021 WFTY: Persistence.
  • emgracewrites
    emgracewrites Posts: 478 Member
    @cschmitz110515 Such a cute puppy! Made me smile tonight 😊
  • mytime6630
    edited December 2022

JFT, 12/1
    log all food :)
    concentrate on water :)
    go to gym :) Already done!
    evening snack .. only a apple, protein shake, or frozen grapes :) Ended up eating popcorn
    JFT, Friday, 12.2
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. go to the gym
    4. work on xmas quilts
    5. clean house
    6. evening snacking .. this is where I fail so many nites. only 1 snack .. and choose apple, orange, frozen grapes, or if I ate lite during the day, make a protein shake. nothing else
    5 pound challenge .. lost 5# by end of year! Weigh-ins
    Trying to weigh every saturday
    November 12: 205.0 ! Yikes. I knew I was up, because my jeans are once again tight. So my goal is to be back in onderland by January 1st!
    Nov 18: 207.2 --- the scale is going the wrong direction.. and when I look back, I know why.Its mindless eating of even "healthy" foods like raisins, banannas, nuts, etc. So, that must stop
    Nov 26:
    214. going in the wrong direction... back to starting weight ... but tomorrow is a new day. too much overeating for thanksgiving, so hoping for a loss next week.

• mytime6630
    edited December 2022
    @pridesabtch -- prayers said for little Hayden. Such a young age, but it sounds like he is quite the little fighter. I do believe in prayer.. so many prayers for him tonite.
    @cschmitz110515 -- Love the doggie pictures!! So many times I wish I had a dog to walk with me! He is so cute!
    @sugarfreesquirrel - you can feel free to post whenever you can. For some of us, a post everyday is what keeps us going and not giving up. Kinda like a fresh start each day. Others post occasionally, and that is fine to. We are a great group of supporters to help. Losing weight or changing habits takes time... and the key is consistency and not giving up, and just taking it a day at a time. That is what this thread is about ... accountability, encouragement, friends to help us along the way. Welcome!
    @renaegry - welcome!
  • mytime6630
    edited December 2022
    Those of you who know me, know that the holidays are the hardest time for me (actually from Halloween until January). Coming from a very large family, and having lost so many of my immediate family members, .. a brother on thanksgiving day, my dad on xmas eve, a brother in January, another brother in Feb, my only sister (all before any of my siblings reached 60 yrs old). So the holidays are hard, even though its now been 10 years since I lost my last sibling. Plus, our son was going to come for thanksgiving.. that changed, and he was going to come Dec 16th. My grandsons can't get off work.. so they are not coming, and hubby does not want to do the traveling since he has health issues (son lives 500 miles away). So our holidays will be my husband and daughter.. which I am ok with now, but, I do miss the large family get togethers from years past.
    Plus, I know I have winter depression, which also makes this a difficult time of year for me.
    I have discovered how much going to the gym does help me .. I think its just seeing friends for that hour in the morning. Ha.. now if I could only control my nite time snacking better.
    But ... I love to sew, and last year I made a xmas quilt for myself and our daughter, and thought, wouldn't it be fun to make one for EACH of my nieces and nephews (I have 19). I love xmas fabric, and stock up after xmas when its 70% of. So last year I sewed up 2.. just the tops.. and forgot about them. This year, I managed to sew up 5 more! So I have 7 finished and ready to give! I am having so much fun doing this... and hope by next xmas I'll have enough to send to them. I already have 4 of these though that I am giving to gym friends. Oh ... what giving does to help anyone that is having a difficult time with the holidays .. it is the best gift you can give to yourself.
    I have pictures in the spoiler.
    3jwzw4zax6ik.jpg
    e9vq8ra5ix4v.jpg
    odrin8mxvpgo.jpg
    dv29axjwb08e.jpg
    boa2cugvhbr1.jpg
    wazdbs67qfyg.jpg
    me093jfx6yb2.jpg
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,913 Member
    JFT - Nov 30
    Weight - 192.2

JFT - Dec 1
    Weight - 193.4

I can’t believe we are already in December.

@mytime6630 - I love your quilts they are beautiful. Personally the snowman is my favourite, but my daughter would love the truck. Just gorgeous.

I enjoy giving too, and I especially enjoy making things with loved ones in mind.

I forget who asked but I have to say that I firmly believe that this group and checking in daily was what helped me lose 25 lbs in 2018-2019. I had a setback and am trying to get back into that habit again. I had gained all of my loss back, but have lost 10 of it again. I’m struggling getting back to it which is why I’m starting with small goals right now.

@pridesabtch - prayers for your nephew.

Tomorrow I am going to my Son in Law’s Grandmother’s funeral. She will be missed.

I am hoping that I get an email stating that a book I ordered is in as it will save me a trip to the city again.

Off to bed, it’s been a long day.