WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2022

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,335 Member
    Options
    Did part of Leslie Sanson’s 5 Day Walk Plan DVD. Tomorrow is bowling and ceramics at night

Debbie – thanks for the correct pronunciation. I knew it was different than how it’s spelled!

Heather – great loss!

Went to the mall to the eyeglass place. Needed to get my glasses adjusted. They kept drooping to the left. The gal said that this happens from taking the glasses on and off. Came home and Vince was upset. Seems Clyde is in the back bedroom under the armoir, someplace he’s never been Usually, when cats go off and hide, they are in pain. He’s afraid Clyde won’t make it until Tuesday for his test. Our vet did say that if it is a tumor and it’s in the muscle, the only option is amputation. I know cats adapt really well to only having 3 legs, even Dr. Jess, DVM (that’s cool to write...lol) says they adapt really well, better than humans. Probably because they don’t rationalize like humans. A human realizes they’ve lost a limb and think about all the things they can’t do. A cat just adapts. Vince was saying how our Florida trip is in jeopardy. I say...let’s see.

Debbie – Yes, both cats are gorgeous

Off to take Clyde to the emergency vet. Bad part is that it’ll be 4-6 HOURS before he can be seen by a vet. In some ways, if he has to go, I do wish Mother Nature would do it. Otherwise I know Vince is going to feel he should have done something more.

Michele NC
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Miso and Tonashi <3

All of the kitties are lovely!

Charlie - so exotic!
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    So many beautiful cats photos!!! This was Charlie, a cat at our clothing optional resort, that though taken care by a couple full time residents there, he was everyone's cat. If he chose your lounge chair to nap at, well you just had to make room. Many evenings petting him as we sat in the hot tub. Once he took hold of my hand, biting softly, I felt honored!!
    vfi8koczdq9w.jpg
    He was very exotic, and mini lion looking!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    WA

Rebecca- a friend of mine lives on Whidbey- she is moving and is giving hints- This is her posts:
    ksu4rd06acb7.png
    cfp8cgh0tdmf.png

"Some of you know I have been going to a hidden camping spot on and island on the Salish Sea. Here are a couple of clues as to which island and where I will be moving to. The first is one of my painting panel holders that I always cover with stickers that have meaning to me on my painting journeys. I have added a couple of new ones. The second is the view I see when the ferry pulls into the dock. "

Do you know where she is talking about??
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,835 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Most recent colouring ...

518afrgj6wdj.png

Machka in Oz

I used alcohol markers. Some are these and others are very much the same but a different brand.
    https://www.kaisercraft.com.au/collections/kaisercolour-alcohol-markers

They do provide me with great colour!

The flowers are meant to be something like the Protea Glabra:

z2hgq1t0wulj.png
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Options
    Well I did my 65 mins of walking for the extra 250 calories but I ate it back. Not how the plan goes but Sunday is always difficult for me. At least I didn't give up and dive into the cookies.

Now I need to choose how to work in extra exercise to make 250 on yoga days Mon-Wed-Fri.

Machka - very pretty!

Heather- great loss!

Annie in Delaware
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Options
    <3 I love all the cat pictures. Without the control of my husband and neighborhood rules, I could have easily become the crazy cat lady.

:) My mother loved cats and had several at all times, but at one time when they got cat number 5, my father said "The supply has now exceeded the demand".
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Rebecca - That lovely spot looks a lot like Rosario Resort on Orcas Island. My parents took me there long ago. I was the only kid when we were there. They were there for a business meeting that lasted several days. I loved that place. So beautiful! Thanks for sparking my memory.

Katla
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Oh Katla, I so hope you get a little boy. Our pup has brought us so much joy and he keeps us laughing. He knows GO or Ride or Walk so we looked up the French words for those words. Lol and behold, now he knows the French words.
    Terri - your poem made my spirits soar. It is beautiful.
    It was a beautiful day today so we got outside to get some sunshine. Felt good.
    SueBDew in TX
  • Machka9
    Options
    Loving working from home. :)

v2u8jpsoshoe.png

Machka in Oz
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    So many beautiful cats photos!!! This was Charlie, a cat at our clothing optional resort, that though taken care by a couple full time residents there, he was everyone's cat. If he chose your lounge chair to nap at, well you just had to make room. Many evenings petting him as we sat in the hot tub. Once he took hold of my hand, biting softly, I felt honored!!
    vfi8koczdq9w.jpg
    He was very exotic, and mini lion looking!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    WA

Rebecca- a friend of mine lives on Whidbey- she is moving and is giving hints- This is her posts:
    ksu4rd06acb7.png
    cfp8cgh0tdmf.png

"Some of you know I have been going to a hidden camping spot on and island on the Salish Sea. Here are a couple of clues as to which island and where I will be moving to. The first is one of my painting panel holders that I always cover with stickers that have meaning to me on my painting journeys. I have added a couple of new ones. The second is the view I see when the ferry pulls into the dock. "

Do you know where she is talking about??

Orcas Island?

I'm a little jealous. Of course, I'm a little jealous of Rebecca every day, too. The islands are so beautiful.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Michele- I am so sorry- HUGS!!! Your husband sounds a lot like my dh when it comes to his babies-When we had to put our deaf kitty to sleep- he cried and cried- he couldn't stay with her. I had to do it.(it did really hurt that he showed no emotion when my dad died, but he cried for days when the cat died)

Flea- thanks for the answer.
    This was posted by a girl I have gone to school with MANY years ago- love following her travels- she is building her own tiny home after divorcing after 30 something years I think.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,814 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Just got back from the emergency vet. We put Clyde down. His blood was life-threatenly low iron. He just couldn't get oxygen. At first they were going to let us in to say "goodbye" in case he didn't make it thru the night. The prognosis wasn't good at all, so Vince made the decision to put him down. He couldn't stand.

Michele NC

So sorry. :(

• evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Michele, so sorry to hear about Clyde, although when you said he was in a hiding spot, my first thought was that he's looking for a place to die. Our male went behind the couch in our family room (had to move the couch to get him out and it was a very heavy hide-a-bed) and my precious little Ginger kitty was going underneath the bed in the spare room. In the far back corner of course, so I had to move the bed to get her out. I was on my way to the vet with her.
    So hard to lose our fur babies. The most we ever had was 3, and hubby and I both thought that was 2 too many, but the two girls were strays, it was only the male that we got on purpose. We had him first of course. Now we are pet less, and, while I do miss not being able to cuddle a kitty (not that ours were always cuddlers!), I do not miss scooping the litter boxes! And we only had two, Debbie, I cannot imagine having to scoop 7 of them a couple times a day! No thank you! lol
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Loving working from home. :)

v2u8jpsoshoe.png

Machka in Oz

Energy to cycle!!

y7rbd9akphdx.png
  • Machka9
    Options
    End of January ...

I have hopes.
    Lots of hopes.
    Hopes regarding family, travel, career, retirement, etc.
    But I'm not going to write them down.

uqwiphvtz7pl.png

Machka in Oz