Weight No More Team Chat JANUARY 2022

Replies

• sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    January Week 4
    Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 187.0 (January 20th)
    CW (Current Weight): 186.2 (January 27th)

Loss to date: 84.9 lbs
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,915 Member
    Hi WNM ...Another new member joining your wonderful team ...Please welcome @ruthieg68527 :)
  • JMNagain
    JMNagain Posts: 121 Member
    JMNagain
    January Week 4
    Weigh In Day: Fridays
    PW (Previous Weight): 229.0 (January 22nd)
    CW (Current Weight): 227.5 (January 28th)

So that's me having lost 5lb this month which is my minimum aim, but considering 10 days of it was holiday I feel pretty good. I've also worked hard and pretty much conquered my weekly goals of:
    Week 1: cutting out sweet treats: gone from daily to occassionally, had an ice-cream last night whilst out for a walk with my husband as a treat, nothing else for weeks though.
    Week 2: no snacking - gone from daily happening three times daily to the occasional snack, just twice this week I think.
    Week 3: get my steps in- average of 10,000 per day, soon to be minimum 10,000 everyday (so I get a streak on my watch!) -getting there. Am on day 10 I think!
    Week 4: minimum 2l of water daily-should be a habit soon!

Hi to all our new members as well! I was new a month ago, I like this weekly chrck in though, and daily reminders from the comments.
  • MotylekOkruchy
    MotylekOkruchy Posts: 196 Member
    edited January 2022
    IDebraK wrote: »
    I DID IT!

CONGATULATIONS!!!! :)
  • IDebraK
    IDebraK Posts: 139 Member
    @callsitlikeiseeit - I see you at the Tractor Supply! LOL You have my attention, not only with that beautiful pup, but that goat food too. My dogs would kill the goats in a minute. That being said, my pygmy goat (Millie) torments the dogs at the fence.
  • TwinMama91521
    TwinMama91521 Posts: 47 Member
    I'm starting this in February. I weighed in today and was 155.2 lbs. When I registered a couple of days ago, I was 157. Is it possible to update my beginning weight?
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,060 Member
    Ljdanny
    Thursday
    Pw 186.4
    Cw 186.4
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    I'm starting this in February. I weighed in today and was 155.2 lbs. When I registered a couple of days ago, I was 157. Is it possible to update my beginning weight?

Not a problem, I'll take care of it!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    IDebraK wrote: »
    @callsitlikeiseeit - I see you at the Tractor Supply! LOL You have my attention, not only with that beautiful pup, but that goat food too. My dogs would kill the goats in a minute. That being said, my pygmy goat (Millie) torments the dogs at the fence.

we spend more on feed and hay than on people food. farm life. LOL

of our 5 dogs, only 1 can't be around the livestock. the aforementioned Dobby. He thinks chickens and ducks are WONDERFUL playthings.... I think the goats could hold their own probably.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Username: lennoncpa
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Last week's weight: 137.0
    Current weight: 137.0
    Steps: 59,048
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    Racgelrjh
    PW: 135.5
    CW: 135 pounds
    Happy Friday!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    I am just putting up the new February chat thread - here it is! Please continue to weigh in here through the end of Saturday. Get started on introductions and plans for February on the new chat:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10855052/weight-no-more-team-chat-february-2022/p1?new=1
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,915 Member
    Hi WNM..Another new member joining your team ... Please welcome @LiveLaughLove1969 :)
  • IDebraK
    @callsitlikeiseeit ... Of my 5 dogs, None of them can be trusted with the other animals! Lol I did have one turkey fly over the fence in to the dogs. When I looked outside, Precious (the dog) had a mouth full of feathers, and then I saw Myrtle (the turkey) in the yard. All of the other dogs were staying away. That bird must have flogged the snot out of the 3 bigger dogs. The two smaller dogs are 15 years old. They don't really wound up over much anymore. I'm also pretty sure my goats could take the dogs, but I wouldnt chance it.
  • timibotkin
    timibotkin Posts: 235 Member
    Timibotkin
    Saturdays
    PW 303.4
    CW 303.2
    The scale isn't dropping like I wish it would be and I am trying so hard. My exercise is on point, I have only missed closing my exercise ring 3 days so far in January, but I have done at least 60 mins a day most other days. I've added strength training at least three days a week and am extremely happy with my progress in the gym. I'm lifting heavier than I thought I would be able to. I know I need to work om my nutrition more but I have been in a calorie deficit according to my logs. I need to find a good site with recipes or hacks for healthier foods, if anyone knows of any or has any suggestions please let me know! I hope everyone is doing well and I hope you all have a successful week!
  • IDebraK
    IDebraK
    Weigh Day: Saturday
    Starting Weight: 159
    Goal Weight: 122
    Goal Zone: 118-126

PW: 124
    CW: 122.8

Craved tacos all day yesterday. I knew the sodium count. I didn't care. I made tacos.

Running on a sleep deficit. The grandbaby that was due in February is on her way here now! They should have moved the due date on the last visit as they are calling the baby pre-term and saying that my daughter-in-law is only at 34 weeks. The measurements had baby already at 7 and a half pounds. All of mine were preemies. No one weighed 5 pounds. 7 and a half pounds seems like a REALLY BIG preemie.

Steps:
    Sat: 8214
    Sun: 12553
    Mon: 18752
    Tues: 24392
    Wed: 21038
    Thurs: 31547
    Fri: 7696
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    @timibotkin - I live by the mantra that eating is for weight loss and exercise is for health. Focus on accurate logging and staying at or slightly under your calorie goal and you should see the weight come off. You can do this!
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,305 Member
    timibotkin wrote: »
    Timibotkin
    Saturdays
    PW 303.4
    CW 303.2
    The scale isn't dropping like I wish it would be and I am trying so hard. My exercise is on point, I have only missed closing my exercise ring 3 days so far in January, but I have done at least 60 mins a day most other days. I've added strength training at least three days a week and am extremely happy with my progress in the gym. I'm lifting heavier than I thought I would be able to. I know I need to work om my nutrition more but I have been in a calorie deficit according to my logs. I need to find a good site with recipes or hacks for healthier foods, if anyone knows of any or has any suggestions please let me know! I hope everyone is doing well and I hope you all have a successful week!

You are adding a lot of exercise and strength training, that means building muscle, which involves the body holding on to water for repair. Water weight is a thing. Muscle, by volume, weighs more than fat...(I might not be saying this properly because my brain is still vertigo scrambled) for example a four ounces of butter (all fat) looks larger than 4 ounces of leat protien (except maybe tofu, which is weird) but they weigh the same. Pay attention to other metrics, too, like measurements. And don't forget to hydrate!
This discussion has been closed.