Flying in to February Accountability Thread

13»

Replies

• midsummer174627
    midsummer174627 Posts: 386 Member
    5'5.5" 50 y/o
    GW: 149, healthy mindful eating, strong pain-free body.
    02/24 163.5
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,471 Member
    k8richer wrote: »
    Muscle is good. 💪

THE BEST.

• k8richly
    k8richly Posts: 266 Member
    JBanx256 wrote: »
    Muscle is good. 💪

THE BEST.

Hey @JBanx256 what's the difference between a "cutting" diet and just a really restrictive diet? And is it really hard to stick to? And does it work? Inquiring minds want to know!
  • midsummer174627
    midsummer174627 Posts: 386 Member
    162.5 yesterday, did not weigh in today as yesterday was a party and I tbh forgot about it this morning. I'm feeling good about this week :)
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    This month was a write off...I have no idea how much I weigh right now, but a trip to Scotland (funeral, 5 days with my extremely unhealthy in-laws), a hen/bachelorette weekend (too much alcohol) and just general tiredness resulting in lazy and bad eating choices. Starting again today. Be good, meal prep, exercise. I miss running. I'd like to get to about 12st7lb for the wedding, in just over 5 weeks.

Excuse the ramble. Is there a March thread yet?
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Just noticed no March thread so took the liberty to create one.

Mardi without the Gras - Accountability Thread
  • JBanx256
    @k8richer

Cuts can be extremely aggressive/restrictive, but they don't have to be. Lots of variables there. I'm nearing the end of mine (just shy of 2 more weeks) and my low days are currently 1500-1600 & my high days are at 2100-2200, keeping protein intake constant, and on high days bumping fats up by ~10g and the rest of the increase coming from carbs. Next week (Tues) I'll start a linear progressive carb load with the goal of peaking on Saturday.
  • k8richly
    k8richly Posts: 266 Member
    5'3" 48yr

Eventual GW a buff 125lbs
    Feb GW 129, maybe 128?

Feb 3 - 130
    Feb 6 - 129.8
    Feb 14 - 130
    Feb 22 - nope, I'm not up for the scale right now
    Feb 24 - 130.7
    Feb 28 - 130.9

See ya February, you won't be missed. I'm feeling strong as I've been lifting more but i have been sort of careless about my intake. Hence the scale. In a very decent NSV however, I now fit back into leggings that I'd donated to my teenage girls 2 years ago, thinking I'd never get into them again. Take that, scale!

Thanks @JBanx256 - sounds intense and complicated but it must also be satisfying to see the results! Good for you! I will do some more research....

@rianneonamission are you getting married!?!?
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    5'5", 44 years old
    CW: 123.4
    GW: My pants continuing to fit, basically.

3-1: 123.4

I don't want to say I'm suffering from apathy about my weight/maintaining the loss, because it's not that. It's more that I am very apathetic about the scale and my clothes fitting is all I really care about. This spring is a LOT of dog stuff, both professional (board and train/raise puppy, some behavioral clients) and personal (trials, trials, more trials). Most of my goals are focused there. We'll see how it plays out and how often I remember to get on a scale and report that reading.

That said I seem to be hovering within about a pound of 123 pretty much all the time this month and that's basically my sweet spot.

I do expect that to go up a couple of pounds a couple of times around trial weekends. I pack a lot of my food for these things and I've never had FAT gain but my sodium intake jumps by about 2000% AND I get sore as heck, so I almost always have somewhere around 5lbs of abrupt water gain that comes off over the next few days/week. We'll see!
  • JBanx256
    Thanks @JBanx256 - sounds intense and complicated but it must also be satisfying to see the results! Good for you! I will do some more research....

@k8richer at this point it's really a matter of manipulating some variables (carbs, hydration, etc), to try to achieve a particular look - don't want to look too flat (depleted etc), trying to get a fuller "3D" look to the muscles so toying with a few things to see what gives the results I'm after