Options
13»

Replies

• claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    yirara wrote: »
    Hmm I can take or leave most bread, but a decent sourdough dipped into an olive oil and balsamic mix - now THAT I could eat tonnes of 😀

Somehow I get 225g+ carbs pretty much every day, but don't eat much bread (meh to me, mostly), or potatoes, and it's not all sugars by far. .

I also get 200g+ of carbs and don’t eat much bread, but I get c 120g protein and 80g fat too (unlike the OP). My sugar count is sometimes a bit high but I’m a pig for fruit 🤷‍♂️
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,984 Member
    Options
    The whole cancer thing is also taken way out of context. In general, men have a lifetime risk of coralrectal cancer of 4.3%. Processed meats show a 1.18%X increased risk...so instead of 4.3% it goes to basically 4.4% if you round. Red meat is Group 2A, so even lower.

Agreed.

There also dosage.

It isnt eat, say, one sausage a week and increase your risk - the risk increase also depends on how much processed red meat you eat. Obviously.

So I would take all that to mean if you are at increased risk of bowel cancer because of family history or some background medical issue - then it would be best to limit your intake of processed red meats.

Limit - not cut out. (unless you want to for other reasons)

and, more to the point, get regular FOBT's ( at least 2 yearly after age 50, earlier/more often if increased risk) - little promo here nothing to do with OP really - as they are the greatest method of screening for early changes before the condition is problematic.