Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MARCH 2022

Replies

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    @FushiaKat - thanks. Wishing you well on working through your issue. It sounds like something that is very hard to accept, but you understand that's what's best for you. A friend of mine who is going through some serious health issues told me "It's just too much work to be angry all the time". That's a hard place to get to, but good for the soul.

@TeresaW1020 - that's right girl! Own it and then get fasting! You got this!

@laurelfit57 - thanks! Does it snow on the spring bulbs up there like it does in Wisconsin? The winter/spring season can be tricky because first you got your shorts on, and then the snow comes back. I'm sure you will enjoy all the warm days. The birthday party sounds very fun! Congrats on your loss!

@Katmary71 - Glad you had a nice BBQ and oh that pollen! Feel better!

Yesterday, I struggled on my strength workout again. I've been very lazy with strength in the past several months. I tend to skip the exercises that focus on my weak spots- shoulders, abs, lunges. What is the point of babying the weak spots?! I gotta make them stronger! Also. I've only got a couple of weights out. I could use a few different ones- they are boxed up in the garage and for the past two weekends it's been on my list to unpack some. Definitely need to get that done. I've decided that I either have to choose a bit easier strength program, or give myself permission to only do part of these workouts. As I get stronger, I should be able to do more.

Happy Tuesday!

Lisa
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,781 Member
    @Cornanda I'm glad you had a relaxing weekend. You deserve it! I'm sorry that your puppers isn't doing so well. Walks are better than nothing. Hugs Lisa. I like the idea of doing less than perfect. Yes, give yourself permission to do less.

@TeresaW1020 You can do this, Teresa...you've proven it before. Hugs.

@laurelfit57 Congrats on the loss! I hope the snow leaves you quickly. Enjoy your nicer weather! Thanks, headaches are the bain of my existence! It sounds like you had a great time with the birthday. Your poor butt lol.

@Katmary71 It's been rainy here, too. I hope you feel some relief soon. <3

Hi all. It's raining here, a rare occasion. I did pretty well yesterday until after dinner. My husband made brownies on Sunday night and I had some with some ice cream last night. They are gone now so I don't have to worry about that anymore. I made it until 11:15 am before I ate yesterday without suffering too much. I quit eating at 7:30 pm. Have a good day, everyone.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 512 Member
    edited March 2022
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    PW. 164
    CW. 165.3

Since it is obvious that people did not like the way I completed the Challege Bingo. I will only be reporting my weight from this point forward.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member

@laurelfit57 Yayy on your loss this week. Glad your son had a great birthday party. My family is extra-loud all the time. :D And ohhh if only we could sustain a diet on popcorn and ice cream cake! :grin:

@Katmary71 I love BBQ! Ugghhh to the allergies. My eyes have been burning. :s

@Cornanda, Girl we have the same weak spots! I HATE doing abs and lunges are hit and miss with my knees. I do OK with shoulders except I have this chronic pain in my right shoulder that has now migrated to my collar bone. I can't do push-ups at all anymore. It’s the weirdest thing and I can’t figure out what is causing it and how to fix it. :# Now, you go get those weights out of their boxes and work on getting stronger. Today I used my 40 lb. kettle ball to do sumo squats. I’m so going to pay for that tomorrow! :D

@trooworld You're doing well with your fasting! Dang, brownies in my house would be devoured! They have to be one of my favorite sweets. :grin:

@FushiaKat, I’m not sure what people didn’t like about your challenge Bingo but I’m certainly hope you will continue posting more than just your weight. We are here to support each other through whatever is going on. Hugs to you! <3

Hi Team! The last couple of days has been good. I’ve done a couple of good workouts, cleaned the house, and put together two new parson chairs that the pastor had me order for his office. I’ve done lots of church work. Easter is kind of a big deal for us and of course, my wonderful, yet way too busy staff, likes to wait until the last minute to get important things done and then reach out to me to take care of it. And of course, I did. The invite cards and new stage banner have been ordered and my wonderful print man assured me they will be here by Sunday. We both had a good conversation about people and their procrastinating habits. :| My IF is going great, and I feel so good to be back doing what I believe in and know will work for me. I’m incorporating my fasting with my high protein diet and I’m really hopeful that it will yield me some good results.
    2022 Word: INTENTIONAL[/b]
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 355 Member
    Hubby and I got the bicycles out today and rode in our neighborhood. I had to get used to the bike again. It was fun. I haven't been to the gym in two days because of babysitting my nieces. We've had a great two days. It's back to the gym tomorrow.

Let's go get it!! B)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,473 Member
    @Cornanda A good thing about lifting weights is you can go back up in strength pretty fast, I hope you figure out what will work best for you.

@trooworld Brownies sound awesome but I get that relief when they're gone so you don't have to fight the urge.

@FushiaKat I hope you continue to share too, I always enjoy reading your posts.

@TeresaW1020 Sounds like you got a lot done and church and are back in the groove with IF, way to go! The allergies are ridiculous, I figure I'm saving money on eyeliner, my eye makeup is waterproof but it needs to dry and isn't getting the chance!

@askewcr Sounds like bike riding was a blast! I'm glad your husband went with you, I think it's great when couples work out together.

Hi everyone! I worked out then was laying around when a phone appointment confirmation text said he'd see me at 1, I couldn't figure out how he'd see me so thank goodness I asked, I was going to shower before bed and just stay sweaty from my workout until after I was in the yard! My insurance offered a patient advocate back when I couldn't get in to see a doctor when my pain condition relapsed, I had to fill out a bunch of paperwork so we met at Dunkin Donuts (just got cold brew with sugar free syrup but it smelled great in there!). He was new and had said I didn't look like my picture, I was 195 at the time so it was flattering, I'm at 152 right now, I think I discredit a lot because I gained some back but he did say I was doing great with my health. Aside of pain I have all the other chronic conditions as well managed as they can be. A bunch of seeds sprouted from the rain yesterday and everything outside was very happy from the rain. I'm in charge of the food bank farm greenhouse the next few days and will be thinning some of the seedlings so they're ready to plant next weekend at the farm. Allergies are a little better, I can't lift weights at all right now as I keep trying to add them back and my back's not ready even for light ones so I'm not trying again until next week. Have a great Wednesday everyone!
  • FushiaKat
    LET ME SHARE MY COMPLETED BINGO SCORE CARD JUST INCASE YOU MISSED IT. I DID POST IT ON THAT WEEKS CHALLENGE CHAT. IT WAS POSTED THAT MODIFICATIONS COULD BE MADE SO I MADE MODIFICATIONS BASED ON MY PHYSICAL DISABILITIES. IF YOU WANT A JUSTIFICANTION FOR EACH MODIFICATION I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO PROVIDE THAT.
    tphj92bdbk20.jpg
  • Glombog
    Glombog Posts: 55 Member
    Woke up to snow again today. What is that about?? I was planning to get my motorcycle back from winter storage this week, and so ready for spring now.

Am in a good routine working out now. Four or five times a week, following a scedule I've put together. Body weight is dropping, and I am constantly lifting more.
    Wife says my bellys gone, but truth is I'm still kind of big :lol:

• Glombog
    Glombog Posts: 55 Member
    Just playing with numbers here...
    I am so happy with 12.8 lbs down this month.
    But...planning ahead for next month...I know it is only four weeks BUT if I do 12.8 then I will reach 99.9 kg in metric. That would be awesome and many years since last time.
    12.8 lbs is really hairy goal, but is it possible?
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    @trooworld - Glad those brownies are gone. They sound delish!

@FushiaKat - I sure hope you won't stop posting here. Hugs!

@TeresaW1020 - maybe we wouldn't hate those exercises so much if we got better at them? My knees are bothering me right now, not sure why. I have a weird click in my shoulder. Getting older is so fun. Yes, you are going to feel those squats today. That is the feeling of taking care of yourself. :) It's so nice of you to save the procrastinator's butts! Glad your IF is going well.

@askewcr - Bikes sound fun!

@Katmary71 - I'm glad you got that advocate. That's really cool that he said you don't look like your picture! I'm glad your seedlings are happy.

@glombog- I hope you get to ride your motorcycle soon. You are making such great progress! That IS a really hairy goal. It's OK to go for it as long as you don't use it as a reason to quit if you don't quite make it. (see below....)

Yesterday was kind of a down day. I did a step workout and sped up the youtube vid. That was crazy fun. But then some things came up with the pup and also my Mom. And then I ate some stuff. I keep wanting to bail on my birthday challenge. I think I'm worried that I will be disappointed with the result. I'm not giving up yet.

Lisa

• trooworld
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Weds
    PW: 234.6
    CW: 235
  • trooworld
    @FushiaKat I'm sorry you had a challenge with the Bingo. You are welcome to post anything you like here!

@TeresaW1020 Thank you, I'm struggling but hanging on. :D Yeah, brownies...ugh. Sounds like you have been really busy! That's great that you are doing well with your IF and high protein.

@askewcr That sounds like fun.

@Katmary71 Yes! That's great you were able to meet with a patient advocate. Do you think he will help? Take care.

@Glombog Sorry about the snow. Congrats on your excellent progress!

@Cornanda They were, unfortunately! I'm sorry about your down day, I hope today is much better for you. Please don't give up. <3

Hi all. I'm not surprised by the 0.4 lb gain. I'm not going to let it deter me. I fasted until 11:00 a.m. yesterday before the hunger got to me and I had some pistachios. I had a full lunch at 11:30, which was the time I was supposed to fast until. Have a good day, everyone!

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,935 Member
    @Glombog You are doing really great with your consistent weight losses! 12.8 by the end of April is an ambitious goal, but I think you can do it!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @askewcr How awesome that you and your hubby were out riding your bikes. Great time to enjoy the spring weather. I assume you don’t suffer too badly from allergies. Gotta hate the yellow clouds of pollen! :D

@Katmary71 Glad you were able to get a patient advocate and yayyy for him recognizing your weight loss. I’m sure those little plants were super happy to get the rain. My Azaleas are on the verge of bursting so I’m happy we are going to get some rain today. :)

@FushiaKat I don’t see anything wrong with your Bingo card. I think doing modifications is great and so much better than not doing anything at all. Be proud of yourself! :)

@Glombog did your area of the world forget that it’s spring. :grin: Keep up your good work and that is awesome that your wife is noticing your changing body. And being down 12.8 lbs. is amazing!! And it’s great to have a goal to shoot for but don’t set yourself up to feel bad if you don’t reach your targeted number. Just make every day count and be proud of all your hard work. The scale is just one little tool and shouldn’t be the only thing you focus on. With your fitness goals, I’m sure your body is changing more than you realize. :)

@Cornanda Girl, my thighs and booty are feeling those squats today. But it hurts so good so I’m happy! :D So sorry that your pup and mom are struggling, and I know that you feel it all for them. Don’t bail on your birthday challenge! Just work each day to do the best you can. <3

@trooworld that is such a tiny gain and you will for sure get it off this week. Just keep focused on your goals. Do you use a fasting app? I’m using the Zero app and I think it helps me because once it’s on, I don’t want to eat and ruin my streak. It also helps to push me a little longer. Yesterday, I waited 20 minutes to eat just so I could stop at the half-hour mark. :grin:

Good morning Team! I’m getting my posting done now because it’s going to be a busy day. I need to go to Aldis, do some stuff around the house, and then there is church tonight. It’s only been a couple of days of fasting but already I feel so much more in control and the scale is going down so that makes me very happy. Going in the wrong direction has been very scary and not fitting into my good jeans is unacceptable. I have a cute Easter outfit in my closet, and I’m determined to wear it! OK, I’m off to do a workout. Today is shoulders and arms. I hope I can wash my hair afterward! :D
    2022 Word: INTENTIONAL[/b]
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,113 Member
    What a frustrating week. I thought things would get better after picking up my sister's cremains and her belongings. But no. 5 days of my cell phone service not showing I have service...4 days and several hours and several agents later and I'm left with a phone that has been factory reset (so I lost a lot of stuff on there...photos, documents, etc that didn't get saved to the cloud) and it STILL shows I don't have service. So I'm going to get a new phone and new provider today. Sat down to work and the docking station for me to remotely log in is kaput so I have to drive 25 minutes to exchange it at my I/S department. And to top it all off, my $20 Kohls Cash expired and I didn't know it. Individually, it wouldn't be bad. But c'mon...everything all at once? Life is sucking right now. Thanks for letting me vent.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    Hi Team MS... You have a new member joining your wonderful team ....Please welcome @missionalman :)
  • FushiaKat
    I will admit that I was am a bit annoyed. I sent my personal email to 2 people @Katmary71 and @jessicakrall8 after completing the challenge bingo. I have expressed to either award me the prize or tell me why I don't qualify. It is not fair in my opinion to hold TEAM Challenges where not all of the TEAM is included, and I have expressed my opinion to the MFP staff. The week before was the Running Challege and not everybody was included. There could have been 2 sets of criteria one for Runners and one for everybody else to do what they are capable of like walking an extra 1000 steps per day which would be the equivalent of running to me. I was excluded from that TEAM challenge because I am physically handicap and not capable of running and no allowances were made to include everybody on the TEAM. I don't need to list all of my physical ailments, of which there are many. And I admit that there will be times when I am just not capable of joining in the TEAM challenges, but when I am able, I would like to be included. I was very excited to be able to join in on the Challenge Bingo and complete that to the best of MY ABILITIES when allowances were made to adjust for your lifestyle. It should be MY CHOICE not to participate, not because the TEAM Challenges are set up not to include everybody. This is my personal opinion.
  • missionalman
    missionalman Posts: 383 Member
    Good morning team!

My name is Seb, I'm 32 and I'm currently 308.3 Lbs (down from 366). I am currently in school and trying to lose weight instead of putting on my freshman fifteen. I'm dad to two wonderful kittens and they enjoy being my workout buddies!

For workouts, I walk, do seated workout videos, anything really that's easy on my joints as I have widespread arthritis.
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 466 Member
    edited March 2022
    @Glombog I honestly can’t even imagine being down 12.8 pounds in one month, huge congrats to you! I understand why you want to do the 12.8 again, always nice to get down into that lower decade :-)! It is still snowing here off and on as well, I hope that we will both soon have spring that will stay for good!

@Cornanda you made me laugh when you said you sped up the YouTube video with your step workout, I would’ve been flat on my back from tripping over my feet🤣. Big hugs to you with the challenges of your pup and your mom, I know it’s so hard❤️. Just remember that beautiful dress, you can do it!

@trooworld Sounds like you are doing really good with the IF!

@TeresaW1020 so glad that you are back in control with your IF! I still really don’t know how you guys do that🤪. Hope your workout went well and that you were able to wash your hair lol

@vegan4lyfe2012 I am sorry that you have had such a frustrating time! One of the biggest frustrations is a malfunctioning phone! And that you lost pictures, such a shame! Big hugs to you!

Welcome @missionalman and a huge congrats on your loss so far!! How lucky are you to have two workout buddies😀.

Yay! It has warmed up around here, so the ice is just about gone from the sidewalks! It is spring break for my grandkids, so lots of grandkid time this week. I got to take my granddaughter out for “special girl time” yesterday, we played mini golf! She has got quite the form. On Monday night I went to a hockey game with my son-in-law we were out rather late and I’m afraid I didn’t make it to the gym on Tuesday morning. I am a horrible sleeper to begin with, if I stay out late it’s even worse. Oh well, the game was great, we won and I got to spend some fun time with my son-in-law! Today I went with my daughter, grandchildren and mom to a nature center, it was a beautiful day, lots of fun! Tomorrow I am supposed to do a spin class, followed by a barbell class. I will be foregoing the barbell class because I am going to a trampoline place with my daughter and grandkids in the afternoon, I don’t think that my legs could sustain all of that, so the Barbells have to go🤣.
    tsx3w8v69nr5.jpeg
  • missionalman
    missionalman Posts: 383 Member
    @laurelfit57 Thanks for the warm welcome!
This discussion has been closed.