Less Alcohol ~ ☘MARCH 2022 ~ One Day At A Time

Options
167891012»

Replies

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    AF tonight, yay me! Probably because I are my weight in chocolate today! Haha!

@lmlmrn oh man that must be so frustrating for you. Not knowing is the worst. You have the right idea, just step back, it’s out of your control. We’ll all just pray your MIL gets the care she needs.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @lmlmrn - Thinking of you and the family struggles supporting/managing our aging parents. My DH's parents and my father passed away years ago. My mom, age 85, 5 hrs away in a remote setting, living alone since her husband died in 2020, has been a challenge when there are health issues or just checking up on her. Since we are thinking of selling our boat and camp next door to her ... and since my sister and I live close to each other ... I started yesterday putting together a plan to maybe move her closer or at least reduce some of the overhead expenses she has, fall risks in the house she is in (she fell 3x this year that I'm aware of), etc etc. The one good note is that she does have lots of friends that check up on her and she is very active ... both things I don't want to take away from her. So I started talking to DH about selling her house which might take a while due to the age and condition then move her into our smaller home down there which is all one level as a starting point (instead of selling our 2nd house right now). We'll see where it goes.

I hope that your inlaws are recovering and doing well! Stepping back is good for your self preservation when there are others nearby to support them. ((HUGS))

I cannot believe ANYONE in this day and age doesn't have a cell phone ... oh my!
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Really good point I am hearing about "stepping back" and "self preservation". Often, people are inclined to get involved in wanting to fix all problems and control it all and it can be a huge emotional drain and take it's toll on health. It's really, really hard to step back (for me). And this thinking of "self preservation" is important as I need to be aware of my own "emotional limit". Super guilty here of crossing that line way too many times.

Result is more stress than I can handle = need for more stress relief and not prioritizing myself = unhealthy behaviors.

Have a great AF day. Last day of the month!
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options
    Sympathy to all in tough care situations. Where has March gone? This month just flew by.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    Options
    @lmlmrn huge hugs to you. I know what your going thru. I have close family that I basically have to threaten to get wellness questions answered. And I also was married to a man dying of chiross of the liver, who made me tell everyone including his iimmediate family that he had a rare condition that was destroying his liver.

Excellent month, very busy, glad our 31 day paint, learn grow challenge is DONE. Exhausting trying to create every sngle day, because some days you just don't feel it.

My tally for March 2022

28 AF
    3 A( 6 drinks total for month)

Last March I ended with 14 drinks, so I am happy.

Going off to get our April 2022 thread made. Back in a bit
    😁
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,553 Member
    Options
    I am Dawn. My ongoing goal is 16-20 AF days per month. I was a daily drinker when I began on this thread in November of 2018.

Diary style is how I keep track.

Tuesday March 22nd - AF - I am working a split tomorrow at the restaurant, with Foster Grant jobs before that and during my afternoon break. Planning on having a couple of drinks tomorrow night in a nice bubble bath.
    Wednesday March 23rd - 2 drinks. Long work day, it was really nice to get home and into my jammies.
    Thursday March 24 - AF - Super great weather today, went for a nice walk after work. Took a gazillion photos as usual. I will post some. Planned drinks over the weekend. Happy to hit my 16, as usual.
    Friday March 25 - Drinks, had a bunch, but kept them to 1/2 ounce each. Not sure if I will have drinks on Saturday or not.
    Saturday March 26 - AF - Walked a hydrocut, watched hockey at night. Could have had drinks, but am still trying to take some weight off, so didn't.
    Sunday March 27 - AF - Did the hour walk around Jimsmith Lake. Planned drinks before and after the Celtic Tenors Tuesday night, planned AF for Monday.
    Monday March 28 - AF - Worked up in Kimberley today, took the day off of the restaurant in order to do so. Met a friend in the Platzl after completing my job. Lovely day. Thinking that I will hit 20AF this month because of the longer month. Not tomorrow though : - )
    Tuesday March 29 - AF - Didn't plan on AF, but had to try on 80 outfits before going out the door, so pre-concert drinks did not happen. They had wine and beer at the theatre which you could bring to your seat, but I don't really drink either. Afterwards, well, it was sooo late and I was tired and hungry, so no drinks. Planned drinks Wednesday night after my split shift interspersed with jobs for my other company. Yay to hitting my 20AF days : - )
    Wednesday March 30 - Drinks. I didn't eat dinner because I was so tired, so I felt the drinks too much. Planned AF for the last day of this month.

Rolling total: 20 AF days out of 30 days
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options
    Lilylady3k wrote: »
    1 glass of white wine with dinner. When DH opened the bottle I poured myself a glass then put it in the fridge while I made dinner. Then enjoyed it with dinner.
    DH had the rest of the wine + bourbon & sprite.

March accountability: 17 days AF
    Alcohol: 13 days (26 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.

You have done so well this month. You have held firm to your goal in some tempting situations. Your DH undertook a stretch goal, and a little bit of feeling about it comes through your post. I wonder if he is experiencing "Abstinence Violation Effect" - where a single slip from the stated goal leads a person to give up vs. viewing it as a minor hiccup and getting back on track. I know I have done that.

Well, kudos to your DH again for undertaking the goal in the first place. That alone is a huge step regardless of outcome. Just the nightly awareness must have been a learning experience for him. He had many successes, in a variety of social situations, so he knows he can do it. His efforts also contributed to your success, at least earlier on. Lent isn't over, and a lot of good has come from it already. I salute you both.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    Options
    Here it is gang our link to the APRIL 2022 thread:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10860641/less-alcohol-april-2022-one-day-at-a-time#latest

Come out of the woodwork and get the support you want with this exceptional group of people.
  • Lilylady3k
    Options
    @ahoy_m8 - You are insightful. It was a real stretch goal for him to give up alcohol for 6 weeks. I've been happy that he has managed many nights at the start and a few nights per week. He is where I was in 2018. Now he plans to tackle the ... once I start in the evening not stopping which I tackled in 2019 and 2020 after retiring. I'm rooting for him. And it has helped me!

Tonight WE opened a bottle of wine and I'm joining him for the last day of the month. My personal mindset might be wrong but I've done well this month ... and tomorrow is April :)
    So enjoying a glass of wine this evening with dinner. Wrote "a couple of glasses" and changed my mind. Sticking with just the 1.

Alcohol: 14 days (27 drinks)
    Goal: Limit 1-2 glasses per day; 12-16 AF days per month. Aim to drink no more than 2 nights in a row.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    March 1-2 AF
    March 3- wine 3 glasses (almost went for a 4th but switched to water and very glad I did because I feel good this morning)
    March 4 - wine 3 glasses
    March 5 - overdid it and threw up 🤢
    March 6- AF
    March 7- AF
    March 8 - AF
    March 9 - wine 3 glasses
    March 10 - AF
    March 11 - wine 2 glasses
    March 12 - wine 3 glasses
    March 13 - wine 1 glass
    March 14 - AF
    March 15 - AF
    March 16 - AF (discovered a hemp oil infused fizzy beverage- great for AF night)
    March 17- 19 - wine 3 glasses
    March 20-21-22 - AF
    March 23-24-25-26 - Wine 3 glasses
    March 27- 28 - 29 - AF
    March 30-31 wine 2 glasses
    This month was so stressful that I'm just glad I didn't drink every day!! Posting helps a lot. 15 AF days this month.
  • Lilylady3k
    Options
    Update! Being honest here ... 3 glasses of wine this evening. Loved listening to YouTube videos of various songs and artists. Just a nice evening sitting out with DH.

Night!

Alcohol: 14 days (29 drinks)
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,553 Member
    Options
    I am Dawn. My ongoing goal is 16-20 AF days per month. I was a daily drinker when I began on this thread in November of 2018.

Diary style is how I keep track.

Tuesday March 22nd - AF - I am working a split tomorrow at the restaurant, with Foster Grant jobs before that and during my afternoon break. Planning on having a couple of drinks tomorrow night in a nice bubble bath.
    Wednesday March 23rd - 2 drinks. Long work day, it was really nice to get home and into my jammies.
    Thursday March 24th - AF - Super great weather today, went for a nice walk after work. Took a gazillion photos as usual. I will post some. Planned drinks over the weekend. Happy to hit my 16, as usual.
    Friday March 25th - Drinks, had a bunch, but kept them to 1/2 ounce each. Not sure if I will have drinks on Saturday or not.
    Saturday March 26th - AF - Walked a hydrocut, watched hockey at night. Could have had drinks, but am still trying to take some weight off, so didn't.
    Sunday March 27th - AF - Did the hour walk around Jimsmith Lake. Planned drinks before and after the Celtic Tenors Tuesday night, planned AF for Monday.
    Monday March 28th - AF - Worked up in Kimberley today, took the day off of the restaurant in order to do so. Met a friend in the Platzl after completing my job. Lovely day. Thinking that I will hit 20AF this month because of the longer month. Not tomorrow though : - )
    Tuesday March 29th - AF - Didn't plan on AF, but had to try on 80 outfits before going out the door, so pre-concert drinks did not happen. They had wine and beer at the theatre which you could bring to your seat, but I don't really drink either. Afterwards, well, it was sooo late and I was tired and hungry, so no drinks. Planned drinks Wednesday night after my split shift interspersed with jobs for my other company. Yay to hitting my 20AF days : - )
    Wednesday March 30th - Drinks. I didn't eat dinner because I was so tired, so I felt the drinks too much. Planned AF for the last day of this month.
    Thursday March 31st - AF - Because it is the last day of the month. See y'all in April.

Monthly total: 21 AF days out of 31 days
  • luciebrucie
    luciebrucie Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Won't count the days ... But I'll give myself credit for doing better than i could have