Women 200lb+, Let's Be Majestic This March!!!

Replies

• KatieHall77
    KatieHall77 Posts: 129 Member
    SW: 215 (beginning of March)
    CW: 206 this morning

March has been a wild, crazy month! I decided to come back to MFP and log, and get back to eating less carbs and sugars, which seemed to work for me in the past. It's great to see the scale heading in a downward direction, instead of up.

Thanks so much ladies for sharing about your journeys. I find them all so inspiring, it really helps me get through the day.

hap2go: If you can still lose weight on a road trip, then you've got this in the bag! Good luck with visiting schools for your daughter :smiley:

I_have_questions: That is a great idea to start off with an attainable goal! Healthy habits are definitely the way to go. I know I need to focus on that a bit more, too.

EDTake2: It has definitely been a roller coaster month! Happy early Birthday!

• roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Morning all. lovely to hear about some of your goals for March and how it went. TOM came around and I gained back what I had lost but I'm back with a loss. Hoping to be back where I was by the end of the week and get rid of this water weight!

3/28 267
    3/29 265.4
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    Goood morning everyone!

THE BABY SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT thank goodness. I couldn't take another night like the night before last. She seems to be doing better, too.

What I learned about being way outside my normal routine yesterday is, I don't actually have to eat breakfast before I go to work (this early in the morning). I can take it to work with me, and yesterday I didn't even get hungry until around 9. I've been so hungry in the afternoons at work lately. I've tried delaying breakfast in the past to nail-biting misery, but I think giving myself permission to eat breakfast whenever I feel hungry will help.

Weight is up a little, but not much. 193.6.

Another thing I'm learning about myself- when I'm losing weight, I want to make all. the. treats. And so I do. But I take them to work, except for a portion or two for me and Whatsisface and the girls. I did the same thing the last time I was losing weight, before I got married and had kids. Everyone at work liked me, lol. Last night I made these peanut butter bars with brown butter glaze. They're going to work today, lol.

diet.png

Tag party time!
    @bonniemcc4 well done on the weight loss! Call. your. doctor! lol. And the list of therapists! :smile: I know, I hate calling people, too. Businesses should just have a monitored text line more often.
    @seltzer_lover you've killed it this month! And met your goal!
    @EDTake2 You started almost exactly where I did, and you've lost a pound more than I have. Good for you! That is great progress!
    @hap2go things have been hard this month, but you know what? You lost 8 POUNDS THIS MONTH! You did great!
    @I_have_questions I totally understand the mindset of "only" to x goal. I do it myself sometimes, just so I don't see a gaping chasm where the future will be on Libra.
    @KatieHall77 9 lbs this month is amazing progress! Well done!
    @roz0810 you can come sit by me, lol, cycle related water retention is the story of my life. :lol: I just hope I don't start seeing my ovulation spike until the beginning of April for silly number-to-post-on-the-Internet reasons, I know it doesn't actually mean anything.

I did my weights yesterday, even though as usual I didn't want to. I love the feeling of having lifted, I just don't want to go out in my garage and do it, lol.

Have a great day, everyone!

weight.png
  • bonniemcc4
    bonniemcc4 Posts: 129 Member
    I called my doctor yesterday, left a message. In the meantime, I halved one of the pills I’m supposed to take because it makes me nervous to take the whole thing now. Hopefully they’ll call me back today. Yesterday my BP was steadier so I think the halving the pill helped.
  • RealTamaraB
    RealTamaraB Posts: 50 Member
    I love this thread. I gained a lot of strength and confidence in February with being consistent with my nutrition and working out. I haven't completely lost my motivation, but I am definitely being fueled by consistency vs motivation.

March Goals: Same as February. Make good food choices and since I am doing a 90 program I want to stick with the program schedule and not fall behind.

Height: 5'7"
    SW: 280
    GW: 150
    March SW: 262.2
    March GW: 252.2

March 1: 262.2 - Down 17.8 pounds - I started a new workout program yesterday which is cardio heavy, but also more on par for my fitness level. I'm able to push myself more because I can actually do the moves well. Looking forward to a great month!
    March 8: 260.4 - Down 19.6 pounds - I'm really late with this weeks update. I had a really long hectic weekend and my body was like girl take a break. This week I have been feeling so out of it. Like who cares about healthy food and exercising, but I'm still here, and I'm still pushing.
    March 15: 259.4 - Down 20.6 pounds - I am back in the groove. Eating good and working out. I am slowly but surely getting used to these weekend clinicals. I have less time than ever, but I am motivated to keep pushing. So excited to finally break into the 250's. Only 9.4 pounds away from my pre pregnancy weight.
    March 22: 258.6 - Down 21.4 pounds - Life is still hectic but every week it gets a little easier. I ate a crap ton of pop tarts last night :# I still did a little exercise, and I made sure to pack all my good food today to get myself back on track. Looking forward to working out tonight.
    March 29: 257.6 - Down 22.6 - I seriously don't know how I'm losing weight. :D I haven't worked out in just over 1 week. I have been good with my food I just needed a break.
    March 31:
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Glad to be back and Thank you @RavenStCloud for this thread. Great support here!
    Mary from Pennsylvania 64, 5'4", Heaviest weight 255 lbs twice. :-(

UGW-122 lbs. I was there in 2009/10 and kept it off for 5 years then got lazy.

My goal is to continue with what seems to work for me. 1000-1200 calories, low carb 15 Net +/- 3(My body seems to not do well with carbs. It doesn't know how to burn them and hangs onto them way too much!), minimum 70 + oz of water, 2 meals/day on my days off(3) and 3 meals on my work days(which are long), exercise on my 3 days off. My weigh in day is Sunday.

9/14/20 SW-255 lbs
    5/3/21-240.5 lbs Emergency Gallbladder surgery
    5/14/21-232.2 lbs started MFP and Low Carb/1000-1200 calorie while recovering
    6/1/21-228.8 lbs
    7/1/21-222.2 lbs
    8/1/21-212.0 lbs
    9/1/21-200.0 lbs
    10/1/21-191.4 lbs
    11/1/21-181.8 lbs
    12/1/21-176.2 lbs
    12/26/21-165.6 lbs
    1/1/22-168 lbs
    2/1/22-157.4 lbs
    My goal is 5 lbs for February. Only got 2.4 lbs/5 lb goal

My goal for March is 5 lbs.
    3/1/22-155 lbs. Down 100.2 lbs so far!
    3/6/22-153 lbs
    Been MIA. Crazy at work.
    3/13/22-155 lbs
    3/20/22-154.4 lbs
    3/27/22-154.8 lbs This actually looks better as weekly weigh in than daily.

• kenziestabes
    kenziestabes Posts: 338 Member
    Height: 5'10"
    SW: 246.9 lb (07/13/2021)
    CW: 198.6 lb (3/1/2022)
    March GW: 194 lb
    GW: 165 lb
    Weight lost: 52.2
    Pounds until goal: 29.7

3/1: 198.6
    3/8: 199.3
    3/15: 198.2
    3/22: 197.2
    3/29: 194.7 (-2.5 pounds)

And it decides to melt off in the final stretch. May update my weight on the 31st so I have a baseline for April, but I haven't decided yet.
  • justanotherloser007
    justanotherloser007 Posts: 578 Member
    @swimmom_1 Hey, there you are!! I wondered what happened to you. I see you every once in a while (((hugs))) how are those crazy elliptical sessions going?

@kenziestabes I had that happen once, what to do, what to do? Start of the month with the amazing whooshy weight OR bust out the higher weight and feel like you are making good progress the next month? I think I went with option B - but then hummed in my head how awesome whooshes can be!
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    Good morning everyone!

It's hump day! Every day closer to spring break gets longer, I swear. :neutral: 8 days.

Weight holding at 193.6, which is just fine with me. I'm still well below my trendline.

My throat hurts. Life as a parent is just a cycle of your kids catching bugs, and you catching their bugs.

Tomorrow is the last day of the month, I'll do one more "official" weigh in, then April will start with a Friday, my weigh in day anyway. I need to get cracking on a sweater I am knitting- it's gotta be done AND blocked by tomorrow to submit for my Internet Points knitting competition.

Tag party time!
    @bonniemcc4 crossing my fingers they get back to you soon so you can have it sorted.
    @RealTamaraB Weight loss is made in the kitchen, way to go!
    @swimmom_1 this is good progress. At your weight, the progress will be slower, and that's fine!
    @kenziestabes wooooooo I love seeing a whoosh!

weight.png
  • swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited March 2022
    @swimmom_1 Hey, there you are!! I wondered what happened to you. I see you every once in a while (((hugs))) how are those crazy elliptical sessions going?

Just have had crazy hours at work. Pretty much get home and to bed. Still doing at least 3 hours on my off work days. My weight is fluctuating but my own fault. Have been eating more carbs than I have been or should, so... no surprise. Your skirt picture was Mind Blowing!!!

Also as @CupcakeCrusoe said before, 5 lbs to lose in a month, when you only weigh in the 150's, is a lot to expect.

• _manny_702
    _manny_702 Posts: 77 Member
    Height: 5' 11"
    Highest weight: 282lbs 10/2021

My goals for March are:
    👉 hit 215 or lower ❌️
    👉 drink more water, at least 80oz a day❌️
    👉 incorporate intermittent fasting into my routine 2 times a week✔️
    Last week:
    👉 Try the circuit thing again ❌️
    👉 Attempt 1-24 hour fast ✔️
    👉 Actually drink the powdered greens that taste disgusting 😒 ✔️

March 1: 234.2
    March 7: 227.5
    March 14: 223.3
    March 21: 219.2
    March 31: 218.2 My TOM showed its ugly face 😒

Honestly, I'm thrilled with my progress for March! My goal was high from my winter challenge progress slacking, but to get that close to it is encouraging.

Congratulations to you ladies, you put in time and effort to better yourselves as you see fit and got some amazing results! 😁
  • _manny_702
    _manny_702 Posts: 77 Member
    @seltzer_lover
    🤣 I felt the same way about 4 or 5 days ago! I gained 4 pounds overnight and was so bloated and swollen. I had a lot of sodium and thought it was that until I started cramping, then I started cursing 😅.
  • justanotherloser007
    justanotherloser007 Posts: 578 Member
    edited March 2022
    48 yo 5’3” 6/2013 SW 277 ((in 2021 lost 57 lbs from May 1- Dec 31))
    March goal - lose 4 lbs

5/1 229.4
    6/1 220.2
    7/1 210.8
    8/1 203.4
    9/1 198.2
    10/1 191.6
    11/1 184
    12/1 176.2
    1/1 172.2
    2/1 172.2

3/4/ 165.8 cycle
    3/11 164.8
    3/18 166.2
    3/25 164 cycle
    3/31 161.8 still on my cycle.. This thing is never freakin over! I want my iron back.

My cycles are getting significantly shorter for peri-menopause (I need a better name for this stage in my life - maybe “battle-axe blues”? I am taking recommendations! Make it fun, so that if I survive it I can be all like, "Man! I survived the unicorn slaughter of 2022!!"). They were 30 days, now down to 25… that is two a month every month - then in January the period itself actually lasted for 16 days!! Pfft, I am going to need more IV iron at this rate.

If I wasn’t tracking cico like I have been, I would have zero idea what is going on with my weight. At this point the water is being all moody and what not. I have no idea what my weight actually looks like other than “naw, you are doing good considering where you came from” and I guess that is okay lols. I am a size medium, so I am finding it difficult to really care about water retention. So that.

@seltzer_lover (((hugs)))
    @swimmom_1 Your elliptical sessions are just so amazing to me. Just so you know, I was not making a comment on how fast or slow your weight loss is going this month. I think your fitness is incredibly inspiring and amazing and incredible!
    @CupcakeCrusoe Way to crush it!! You are doing amazing, what awesome tools you are using for this weight loss journey! I have a sister-in-law who I wish would use those principles. Sometimes, she just scares me with her crazy cuts. She is 6ft tall (so Norwegian of her) and she does 1,000 calorie daily AND exercises like some sort of athlete. Yeah, she is losing weight, but I get scared for her health. She of course, politely ignores me because she wants to lose all the weight right this second. She is on her 8th month of this. Last time she did this, she lost over 100 lbs, then (of course) she was so sick and tired of dieting she gained it all back within the same amount of time. Afterward she was bigger than ever (we are talking 350 lbs, maybe a little more). That was 8 years ago. I was surprised when she said she was going to lose weight again, when she told me her plan. Mostly because, she had already done that... and never learned maintenance. Why go through all that again, and still never learn maintenance? I realize that is what the weight loss industry wants us to do: be dependent on them, pay them so that we can yo-yo to an early grave. If you apply a little patience, it is all so unnecessary. Is "Superior Weight Loss" a book or a website?