Calories with exercise

2»

Replies

• musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,122 Member
    I had the same thing happen about 8 years ago. I kept gaining weight, and I was sticking strictly to a 1200 calorie diet. Turns out I almost died of kidney failure due to an infection, caused by pressure put on my kidneys by a 16lb ovarian cyst. Had it out, and been fine ever since. Glad you found it before it got to the point I had it.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    You won't believe this but I went to the hospital after my last reply because my stomach hurt so badly. It normally hurts off and on but not this bad! I was worried it was my appendix or gallbladder or something. And they found a large mass in my abdomen!! They said it is appx 10.5 inches across!!! The doctor is confident it is a type of cyst and I will be going into surgery in a few hours. I'm just waiting for the surgeon to get here. ( I live in Hawaii so the surgeon is coming from across island) I just wanted to let everyone know why I hadn't replied and that I may not reply again for a little while. It has been such a crazy day!!

PS: maybe that's why I gained weight on 1700 calories?? My mind is blown right now!! 🤯

Wow that’s crazy! Best of luck to you and I wish for you a speedy full recovery.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,377 Member
    Whoa! I'm glad all went well for you. The data geek in me things: right, that's not something I read here before as a reason of odd weight numbers. Sorry for thinking this way. I'm glad you got through. Please give your body time to heal and give it lots of rest and enough food for now. You need it <3
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Glad you are home recovering. I’d encourage you to eat at maintenance calories while you heal. Give your body the time it needs before adding the stress of a calorie deficit.
  • MarcyTheGreat88
    MarcyTheGreat88 Posts: 20 Member
    musicfan68 wrote: »
    I had the same thing happen about 8 years ago. I kept gaining weight, and I was sticking strictly to a 1200 calorie diet. Turns out I almost died of kidney failure due to an infection, caused by pressure put on my kidneys by a 16lb ovarian cyst. Had it out, and been fine ever since. Glad you found it before it got to the point I had it.

Wow!!! Thankfully you made it through! This whole experience was super scary, especially for my husband and 9 year old son. We just didn't know what to expect and everything happened so fast!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,932 Member
    Wow! I'm so glad you're okay!