• frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,138 Member
    Daily Step goal: 6,000
    Thu 4/21: 13,259
    Fri 4/22: 14,838
    Sat 4/23: 11,725
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,893 Member
    Hi SS...You have a new member joining your awesome team ....Please welcome @JenHul :)
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,070 Member
    Hi SS...You have a new member joining your awesome team ....Please welcome @JenHul :)

ykwk2avd5ca4.jpg
    Welcome @JenHul and glad you found our team! When you get a second, take a few minutes and introduce yourself...tell us a little about you and what you are hoping to accomplish in May and beyond! I'm Jessica, your Captain and if you have any questions, concerns or comments, PLEASE drop me a note in the chatroom and I'll try to find answers for ya. Go back to the beginning of this thread for April and read the FAQ file and it may answer a lot of your questions. I will also post the FAQ file in the new May chatroom, once it's opened up and operating. Our new Group Challenge started today and you'll find the link for that on either this page or pg 12 of this thread. Feel free to join us there if you'd like to participate. The group challenges occur weekly in a separate thread, hosted by me and they're open to anyone in any of the five teams that make up Fat2Fit. They're a lot of fun.

If you're a step/walk/run enthusiast, feel free to sign up for our Step Challenge team. On the Main Fat2Fit page, you'll find the links to many things...find the one for the monthly weigh-in chart and directly underneath the weight chart, you'll see the Step Challenge chart. To sign up for it, just post a note in this chatroom and give me your first name, set a daily step goal you hope to reach every day and tell me your favorite place to walk! That's it--easy peasy! It's a lot of fun...it you're on Fitbit, feel free to add me and challenge me to a daily goal or other challenge! I walk daily and just love it!

Again, welcome and we hope we can keep you motivated and striving along with all of us to lose a few points, laugh a little along the way and just get healthier every day!

Jessica :smile:
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 370 Member
    Hello, thank you for your kind welcome. My name is Jen, I'm married with two teenage children. I work full time & I'm in my late 40's. I enjoy walking, camping, water tubing/skiing with the family! I enjoy my wobbly pops so my figure definitely shows that lol. Looking forward to this new group & challenge, hoping to make new friends as well!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    edited April 2022
    n1bx52w74edw.png

yb9kydtxhlf6.png
    yt55u0br8gbj.png

wxpcz72hm9cp.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    dssfndfi1vfu.png

By Pounds
    lw1q04vii27v.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    ovssxqmlins8.png

By Pounds
    dny5hti8lvbl.png
    mvn4vc5le4hd.png

Team Winners
    tvslrjq2j41g.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    yd0ixxauadk3.png

This week may have been rough, but we had plenty of people in the green last week!

WaistAways - 36%
    Mission Slimpossibles - 34.8%
    WeightNoMore & Downsizers - 33.3%
    Shape Shifters - 16.7%

All you have to do to be in the green is lose weight. It doesn't matter how much, it doesn't matter the percentage, all that matters is you end lower than you were the week before. And that's it! For this next week, I encourage you to take things one step at a time, one choice at a time. It's never too late to make a choice that benefits you. Move a little more, eat a little better, listen to your body.

And if you're struggling, you have an entire team here to help you. You're not alone, even if it feels like it sometimes.
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 904 Member
    Hi all,it has been sunny but extremely windy here the last couple of days.My eyes feel sore as there is building work going on facing my house.So plaster dust & other debris is just blowing around !
    I do relax a little at the weekends.Maybe a little too much,perhaps this reflects on the scales.Does anyone else have this problem.? Maybe going over goals is not a good thing.Or is it good to have a break from being strict.I would value your opinions fellow Shape Shifters.
    Welcome @JenHul I hope you do make new friends on here.I know I have 🙂
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 524 Member
    @izzyred9400 I’m not sure in regards to the eating. I struggle still. I do find that if I am very strict I end up going way over instead of just enjoying a small treat.
  • jessicakrall8
    edited April 2022
    I do relax a little at the weekends.Maybe a little too much,perhaps this reflects on the scales.Does anyone else have this problem.? Maybe going over goals is not a good thing.Or is it good to have a break from being strict.I would value your opinions fellow Shape Shifters.

Hey Izzy ( @izzyred9400 ): Sorry about all the construction dust and how it's affecting your eyes...hope you feel better soon!

I don't think reviewing goals is ever a bad...a little reflection, at least for me, helps me to keep my head on straight. Might also be the time to make a few small changes...nothing drastic, but minor adjustments to the plan you've already successfully been working is a good thing. That being said, if you have one area you tend to obsess over (for me, it's numbers on the scale), there's nothing wrong with backing off of that a bit. Again, nothing drastic, but perhaps weighing in only once a week, when you've been doing it every day and that little break from looking at those numbers might help.

Hope that helps. You've successfully navigated these waters for some time now and you know what works...just keep on, keepin on! YOU'VE GOT THIS!

Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    1tgfta9tqy20.png
  • jessicakrall8
    pl94hezv55uy.png
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited April 2022
    Steps
    4/20 4,676
    4/21 5,405
    4/22 6,780
    4/23 13,925

Trying to up my game, I have a 2mi pancreatic cancer walk on Saturday in support of my husband. So far I have raised $780 which I am very grateful and surprised
    Saturday's weather looks cloudy, cool hi 50° with rain showers I hope it changes
  • wtbarunner
    wtbarunner Posts: 162 Member
    April 22 5041
    April 23 7643
    Shelley
  • jessicakrall8
    JessicaKrall8
    Monday Weigh-in
    PW: 294.7
    CW: 293.2
    LTD: 86.8 lbs
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,322 Member
    Welcome @JenHul! It’s always good to have new members contributing to the team. I’ll look forward to getting to know you better. We’ll be introducing ourselves once we start the new month in May. It’s hard to believe May is almost here, but I’m looking forward to seeing my younger son (age 20) when he finishes up his sophomore (2nd) year at college the first week of May.

@izzyred9400 - I appreciate your question about the weekend vs. weekday routine. I still exercise on the weekends but I tend to really relax the rest of the day, lately. I think it takes more time to recover from workouts as I get older (or maybe that’s just a limiting belief that I need to reassess)! I definitely exceed my daily calorie goal more often on the weekend, mainly due to socializing. The extra calories from eating in restaurants adds up, and I’m more likely to drink alcohol when spending time out with friends. This weekend, we met friends at a restaurant and I ordered fish and chips. At home, I hardly ever eat French fries/chips, especially when our sons are away at college. I also had two glasses of wine. I sometimes drink a glass of wine during the week but I’m less likely to have two glasses. Usually, I’m the designated driver when my husband and I meet friends. So, I didn’t drink anything at the group’s second stop - a whiskey bar - since that doesn’t really appeal to me anyway — which helped me limit my calorie intake but I was still way over my daily target on Saturday night! I like my Thursday weigh in day because my nutrition and exercise typically balance out by then. Although I weigh myself daily to gain a general sense how my body is changing, I focus more on weekly goals for nutrition, exercise, and weight.

I don’t like the idea of a treat day, and I’d like to strive for more consistent sleep times for going to bed and waking up. However, I often get up at 5am during the week to row; so, it feels good to sleep until at least 6:30 or 7:00am on the weekend. My ideal schedule would be 11pm to 7:00am but I do enjoy seeing the sunrise over the river, early in the morning, when there are more birds around than people! 🌅 The eagles and osprey are fun to watch as they care for their babies, etc. 🦅
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 524 Member
    @jessicakrall8 great loss!!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,893 Member
    Hi SS... You have a returning member joining you ... Please welcome back @Jax_Grim :)
  • jessicakrall8
    edited April 2022
    77ni7bpu4e5k.jpg

Welcome back @Jax_Grim !!! Long time, no type!! Glad you didn't forget about us and that you're doing well. Good to hear that you've buckled down and are already working your plan. AWESOME!

You'll have to get used to the new name as I don't think we were Shape Shifters when you were last with us...sounds so Sci Fi, doesn't it?! LOL

If anything seems weird, go back to pg 1 of this thread and read the FAQ and if you still have questions, just post them. If I don't know the answer, I promise to work on it until I have a response for ya! That goes for anyone!

Again, welcome back!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    edited April 2022
    @Chalmation and @Smlisley Your steps are more than a week behind in reporting. Please check the chart and report in ASAP. Thanks!
    Jessica
This discussion has been closed.