Weight No More Team Chat - APRIL 2022

Replies

• JenSamuel94
    JenSamuel94 Posts: 39 Member
    Sorry, I am on vacation and think this would not be the best month for me. Last week I had gained two pounds and didn’t feel good about it so I didn’t post. This week we’re def eating out a lot more and I think i may need to sit out for this month and rejoin in the month of May.

This past weekend and couple of days I’ve been hitting 8,000-13,000 steps but I def eat a lot more the more I workout. To keep myself from gaining too much I’ll drink water and fit a workout in.
  • biohazardinc
    biohazardinc Posts: 95 Member
    steps:
    Sunday 13437
    Monday 11686
    Tuesday 14629
    Wednesday 14302
    Thursday 17108
    Friday 17033
    Saturday 8719

Can I ask what you do to get all your steps in? I work an office job and find it really hard to make my goal of just 6k. I'd like to get 10k everyday but having a hard time finding the time.
  • biohazardinc
    minstrelofsarcasm
    April Week Four

Weigh In Day:Tuesdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 178.2 (April 19th)
    CW (Current Weight): 176.8 (April 26th)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 57.2 lbs

I'm actually pretty happy I didn't have a bigger loss this week. My eating habits have not been great since returning from my trip and while I have been trying to reset, I should not be rewarded with a whoosh to support my not-so-healthy choices. This is a great compromise between losing some of the travel bloat and staying higher than I was at the beginning of the month to kick my butt in gear.

The next month and a half is going to be a whirlwind, and I'm hoping I don't lose track of myself too much. I'm meeting my boyfriend's parents in two weeks, moving out of my apartment and into a new one the week after, and then leaving for Vegas the week after.

Between stressing about being personable and charming around my potential future in-laws, packing my entire life away, trying to stay on top of work, and doing my darndest to improve my health... it would be an understatement to say I'm busy. Add in the fact that my current gym membership ends on May 14th and I don't have a replacement lined up yet, and I'm sure you can understand any anxieties I have for the near future.

But at the same time, it's getting nicer outside, and I'm about to have a new neighborhood to explore. Maybe this is the perfect time to dust off my walking shoes.

Good luck on meeting your boyfriends parents! I know how nerve wrecking that can be. My now mother in law worked at the high school we went to and I was always so nervous to go into the office where she worked. BUT were really close now! Vegas is really fun we went there for our honey moon. Hopefully you find good food options. There was a lot of amazing food when we went for our honeymoon but I have to eat Gluten Free now and we haven't been on any trips since I was diagnosed with Celiacs. I'm nervous for any vacation....

I don't know how you feel about Work Out Apps but I just started FitOn. Its got a lot of videos on there for $30 a year.

Good luck and I hope the anxiety subsides.
  • HorsesRock9999
    HorsesRock9999 Posts: 222 Member
    edited April 2022
    I thought this was pretty neat! I am focusing on the group team challenge this week and one of the metrics is giving. I have been lacking in that area and what a wonderful thing to do! It’s nice not to be so focused on myself!

The below list has inspired me to continue checking things off the list after the challenge is over. 💕

For more ideas… 100 Random Acts of Kindness Ideas

https://www.signupgenius.com/groups/random-acts-of-kindness-ideas.cfm

Examples:

Give an unexpected compliment.
    Plant a tree.
    Let someone cut in front of you in line.
    Pay the toll for the car behind you.
    Slow down so someone can merge in front of you in traffic.
    Let someone else take that primo parking spot.
    Give someone your seat on a crowded bus or subway.
    Put coins in an expired parking meter.
    Give up your seat on a plane so other travelers can sit together.

Have a great day!

- Rebecca
  • HorsesRock9999
    edited April 2022
    steps:
    Sunday 13437
    Monday 11686
    Tuesday 14629
    Wednesday 14302
    Thursday 17108
    Friday 17033
    Saturday 8719

Can I ask what you do to get all your steps in? I work an office job and find it really hard to make my goal of just 6k. I'd like to get 10k everyday but having a hard time finding the time.

🤷‍♀️ I haven’t tried the below videos on YouTube (they have several like the one below 👇). My friend has done these work outs to help her not her goals at home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3AUw3-jtEo
  • biohazardinc
    steps:
    Sunday 13437
    Monday 11686
    Tuesday 14629
    Wednesday 14302
    Thursday 17108
    Friday 17033
    Saturday 8719

🤷‍♀️ I haven’t tried the below videos on YouTube (they have several like the one below 👇). My friend has done these work outs to help her not her goals at home.

I'll have to try it out. I've never done anything like that.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    Sorry, I am on vacation and think this would not be the best month for me. Last week I had gained two pounds and didn’t feel good about it so I didn’t post. This week we’re def eating out a lot more and I think i may need to sit out for this month and rejoin in the month of May.

@collegelyfe17 - Since there's only one week left in April, I'll just excuse you for this week, and you can post an updated weight on May 6th. Sound good?

And, for the record, even if you gain, you can always update your weight here. This challenge isn't just about being in the green and losing weight week after week after week, but holding yourself accountable. Sometimes checking in with yourself is the perfect way to course correct and get back on track, even if just slightly.

steps:
    Sunday 13437
    Monday 11686
    Tuesday 14629
    Wednesday 14302
    Thursday 17108
    Friday 17033
    Saturday 8719

@biohazardinc - Some of my coworkers have started taking walks during their lunch break, which certainly helps with reaching their step goals. I try to go visit people at their desks instead of sending emails for simple questions. Drinking a ton of water helps with steps, since you need to (ahem) empty your tank and refill the bottle. It's a matter of finding the little opportunities that can make a big difference.
  • biohazardinc

steps:
    Sunday 13437
    Monday 11686
    Tuesday 14629
    Wednesday 14302
    Thursday 17108
    Friday 17033
    Saturday 8719

@biohazardinc - Some of my coworkers have started taking walks during their lunch break, which certainly helps with reaching their step goals. I try to go visit people at their desks instead of sending emails for simple questions. Drinking a ton of water helps with steps, since you need to (ahem) empty your tank and refill the bottle. It's a matter of finding the little opportunities that can make a big difference.

I was walking at my 10am break but the weather has been icky here. Hoping that will change here soon. I go down to our basement at lunch to bike in our work gym. However, I will try the walking to peoples desk. I'm new at my job so still shy and lost as far as who sits where haha. I need to start bringing my water bottle to work. I was for awhile but its hard to clean so I just got frustrated and stopped using it. I bought a new one without a straw hoping that will help.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,304 Member

steps:
    Sunday 13437
    Monday 11686
    Tuesday 14629
    Wednesday 14302
    Thursday 17108
    Friday 17033
    Saturday 8719

I was walking at my 10am break but the weather has been icky here. Hoping that will change here soon. I go down to our basement at lunch to bike in our work gym. However, I will try the walking to peoples desk. I'm new at my job so still shy and lost as far as who sits where haha. I need to start bringing my water bottle to work. I was for awhile but its hard to clean so I just got frustrated and stopped using it. I bought a new one without a straw hoping that will help.

I've been at my job for 4 yrs now but people move around all the time. Sometimes I just roam a bit to figure out where people are...and we have people on 4 different floors.
  • MotylekOkruchy
    MotylekOkruchy Posts: 196 Member
    @minstrelofsarcasm
    You will be OK.
    You will do great.
    You have our supporting thoughts and virtual hugs - you know that, right? <3
  • MotylekOkruchy
    MotylekOkruchy Posts: 196 Member
    edited April 2022

Here's how I get my steps:
    1) I walk my daughter to and back from school - that's about 3K on school days. (I have an office job too, sitting all day in front of a computer, but I still work from home.) My neighbors drive their son to the same school. Because of the traffic, round trip takes us same time. It's really funny: I pass them in front of their house when they're leaving and then again when they are coming back.
    2) Weather allowing, we stay at school playground until the later school bus picks up the kids. While my daughter plays with her friends, I walk around the playground. Sometimes it is up to 40 minutes, getting me up to extra 5K.
    3) I go for a walk during my daughter's swim practice.

And here are my "silly" ways to get more steps:
    4) Since I have a treadmill at home (in the living room - the only place where it gets used), I walk while watching the news, walk while reading books, walk while browsing (I put a shelf on the handrails to place my laptop on it. I can do it with my private laptop only since I have a regular computer for work). Depending on the pace, I get between 3-6K steps per hour. (I still haven't figured out how to knot/crochet while walking on a treadmill but I am thinking of trying it... :D )
    5) I always use the further restroom - usually the one at the other end of the house.
    6) When folding laundry, I carry one item at a time to the closet/dresser. I used to arrange nice piles and then make one trip to save myself the effort.
    7) When shopping, I try to park the car far from the store entrance (but close to where you leave the shopping cart.)
    8) I no longer ask my kids to take care of garbage bins - once I figured out that by doing it myself I also get more steps...

• biohazardinc

Here's how I get my steps:
    1) I walk my daughter to and back from school - that's about 3K on school days. (I have an office job too, sitting all day in front of a computer, but I still work from home.) My neighbors drive their son to the same school. Because of the traffic, round trip takes us same time. It's really funny: I pass them in front of their house when they're leaving and then again when they are coming back.
    2) Weather allowing, we stay at school playground until the later school bus picks up the kids. While my daughter plays with her friends, I walk around the playground. Sometimes it is up to 40 minutes, getting me up to extra 5K.
    3) I go for a walk during my daughter's swim practice.

And here are my "silly" ways to get more steps:
    4) Since I have a treadmill at home (in the living room - the only place where it gets used), I walk while watching the news, walk while reading books, walk while browsing (I put a shelf on the handrails to place my laptop on it. I can do it with my private laptop only since I have a regular computer for work). Depending on the pace, I get between 3-6K steps per hour. (I still haven't figured out how to knot/crochet while walking on a treadmill but I am thinking of trying it... :D )
    5) I always use the further restroom - usually the one at the other end of the house.
    6) When folding laundry, I carry one item at a time to the closet/dresser. I used to arrange nice piles and then make one trip to save myself the effort.
    7) When shopping, I try to park the car far from the store entrance (but close to where you leave the shopping cart.)
    8) I no longer ask my kids to take care of garbage bins - once I figured out that by doing it myself I also get more steps...

LMAO I love your silly ways but they are really creative and I will have to use some of these. My sister crochets too and I bet if she could figure that out she'd do it too. At work my office is directly across from the only bathroom. Maybe I'll do a lap around the building to get to the bathroom. Thanks for all the good ideas!
  • TwinMama91521
    TwinMama91521 Posts: 47 Member
    steps:
    Sunday 13437
    Monday 11686
    Tuesday 14629
    Wednesday 14302
    Thursday 17108
    Friday 17033
    Saturday 8719

I'll have to try it out. I've never done anything like that.

I sometimes use Get Fit With Rick videos on YouTube. He has a wide variety of videos with different step counts, lengths and music genres, so you can chose the one that fits your goals. Nothing mind blowing, but enjoyable enough to get a little extra activity and steps without it being mind-numbingly boring.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,059 Member
    Tried let's get up by Shaun t, a beachbody program. It was fun. I was looking for something else to do. I am hoping this will last. Yesterday there was cake at work and today cupcakes and I didn't eat either of them, that was a win.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,903 Member
    Hi WNM's ....You have another new member joining your team ...Please welcome @worldtrav89 :)
  • HorsesRock9999
    edited April 2022
    Non-official weigh-in! :smiley: I thought I would post my weigh-in even though my first official weigh-in is next week.

Thursday
    @HorsesRock9999
    Previous Weight: 134.9
    Current Weight: 134.2

Goal Weight: 127

Did you want to adjust me weigh-in from 134.9 to 134.2 as my starting weight? Thanks!

Have I mentioned I love horses?? LOL!! Have a great day!

0g7dzjafu93a.jpeg

Healthy thoughts will give us a life that has hope and happiness. Unhealthy thoughts will give us a life bound by worry and sadness.

I choose to be healthy today “work in progress as always the case” - hee hee!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    walk-cartoon.gif

~ Step Challenge ~

Team Statistics -

Steppers: 5
    Total Steps: 312,631
    Steps Per Stepper: 62,526

The Leaderboard -

@MotylekOkruchy - 96,914 total | 13,845 average - Most Steps in One Day!
    @browan19 - 65,408 total | 9,344 average
    @TwinMama91521 - 60,890 total | 8,699 average
    @ljdanny - 58,396 total | 8,342 average - Most Improved!
    @pacsnc6 - 31,023 total | 4,432 average - Most Consistent!

I'm always impressed by our steppers, who somehow manage to fit in thousands upon thousands of steps every single week. What a motivational bunch!
  • HorsesRock9999
    Non-official weigh-in! :smiley: I thought I would post my weigh-in even though my first official weigh-in is next week.

Thursday
    @HorsesRock9999
    Previous Weight: 134.9
    Current Weight: 134.2

Goal Weight: 127

Did you want to adjust me weigh-in from 134.9 to 134.2 as my starting weight? Thanks!

Have I mentioned I love horses?? LOL!! Have a great day!

0g7dzjafu93a.jpeg

Healthy thoughts will give us a life that has hope and happiness. Unhealthy thoughts will give us a life bound by worry and sadness.

I choose to be healthy today “work in progress as always the case” - hee hee!

Haha! Today is Wednesday, day ahead…..
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,903 Member
    Hi WNM...Another new member joining your team ...Please welcome @ticubbage :)
  • 9Harvey
    9Harvey Posts: 105 Member
    @minstrelofsarcasm

April Week 4
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 237.2 (April 18th)
    CW (Current Weight): 237.2 (April 25th)
    LTD (Loss to Date): +2.0 lbs

I will take it as since the move I still haven't created a routine. Too many other things happening but I am looking forward to the weekend to get more organized. Also May 1st, new month, new mindset.
This discussion has been closed.