Shape Shifters Team Chat - MAY 2022

Replies

• LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,262 Member
    Anyone with plans for Memorial Day?

Laying low and quiet - currently waiting for my husband's stent procedure to get started- if there's pain after or they couldn't do it through his throat-it will be scheduled for tomorrow as an ultrasound-and he would have to stay the night - hoping for a smooth path
    It's supposed to get warmer 85 on Sunday then 88 Monday-going to plant my veggies for my garden, get some walking in and enjoy the sunshine in SE Wisconsin
  • ac204
    ac204 Posts: 147 Member
    @ac204 - Great job managing your calories through all those celebrations earlier in May. I’m glad to hear positive news when we haven’t heard from someone in awhile. It’s nice that you were enjoying time with friends and family, not avoiding us 😉.
    @PatriceFitnessPal -thanks for the support and definitely not avoiding you all! I'm so glad I have you, @jessicakrall8 and the rest of the team here! Even when I'm silent, I know you're all here and that is helping keep me on track :smiley: The end of the school year is always so busy, plus, my son is in his school's play, The Sound of Music. We have had such late nights trying to keep up with everything but tonight is opening night and just 3 weeks until his summer break! :smiley:

@jessicakrall8, I didn't get a chance to post last week's weigh in but I did weigh-in and steps are getting better. Stats for weigh-ins and steps are below.

AC204
    5/20 stats:
    PW: 194.6
    CW: 194.2

5/27 stats
    PW: 194.2
    CW: 193.6

Step Goal = 7500
    5/18 - 8207
    5/19 - 3999
    5/20 - 1445
    5/21 - 8115
    5/22 - 8074
    5/23 - 9840
    5/24 - 2715
    5/25 - 9324
    5/26 - 7865
  • ac204
    ac204 Posts: 147 Member
    @LaurieWrobo sending prayers and good thoughts for a smooth path with your husband's procedure!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,102 Member
    @LaurieWrobo Hey Laurie...waiting in a hospital waiting room is THE WORLD'S worst...time just seems to stand still. You're lucky...you have a wonderful family who loves you...good doctors for your hubby and the best team around all virtually holding your hand today...thinking of you
    Jessica
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 651 Member
    kcpond

Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW (Previous Weight): 249.2
    CW (Current Weight):251.2
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,036 Member
    tfjfomelexw5.png
    The June habit tracker is ready for you - get set up with your name and up to 5 habits you want to track for the next 4 weeks starting on Sunday. Gotta love those green check marks :smiley:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10865523/fat2fit-habit-tracker-june-2022#latest
  • cre804
    cre804 Posts: 345 Member
    Cre804
    Friday
    PW 196.5
    CW 197.0

Back from the beach and lots of eating. We ate out twice yesterday, otherwise I think I would have had a loss. Gotta get back into the groove!
  • jessicakrall8
    fglwxfetxdl1.jpg
    Missing the following weigh-ins for the week (incl today):
    @ewilhelm2487
    @mulecanter
    @bearchested
    @KHill875
    @justanotherloser007
    @Fattleass

Please report in on your scheduled weigh day...thanks!

Jessica
  • ewilhelm2487
    ewilhelm2487 Posts: 177 Member
    edited May 2022
    Anyone with plans for Memorial Day?

On Sunday, we have our annual Kickball Tournament with all our friends and their kids. We each bring a dish to pass and they play rain or shine. I chase my toddler around the whole time but I do not partake in kickball lol

Memorial day is my "mother in laws" birthday and she wants to go swimming so she got a hotel room for the night and invited us to come swim with her.
  • ewilhelm2487
    fglwxfetxdl1.jpg
    Missing the following weigh-ins for the week (incl today):
    @ewilhelm2487
    @mulecanter
    @bearchested
    @KHill875
    @justanotherloser007
    @Fattleass

Please report in on your scheduled weigh day...thanks!

Jessica

I will weigh in tomorrow, it's been a long week and I keep forgetting. I'm sorry lol this baby has been kicking my butt in the morning and i dont even think about weighing in. 😬
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 912 Member
    Izzyred9400
    Sat
    PW 132.2
    CW 134
    Ugh !! Home now from short break,I didn't feel that I over ate but maybe the Sangria & cocktails had something to do with it !
    Just been catching up on everyone's news.Welcome to all the new members,hope you enjoying the support from the team.
    @LaurieWrobo so sorry that your husband is having more procedures to go through.Hope it all went as expected.
    The sun's out today so I can get on with my holiday laundry.Love a line full of clothes on the line.One of my simple pleasures 🙂
    Anyone else have a simple pleasure they would like to share ?
  • ewilhelm2487
    edited May 2022
    Ewilhelm2487
    PW:232.9
    CW:233.1

I have alot of swelling in my hands, I think I have to start drinking more water. I really struggle to get enough in.
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 526 Member
    CasandraW
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 233.4
    CW 233
  • jessicakrall8
    CasandraW wrote: »
    CasandraW
    Saturday weigh in
    PW 233.4
    CW 233

Great loss @CasandraW ...hope you enjoy a great weekend!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Afura wrote: »
    Weigh In Day:
    PW (Previous Weight): 319.7
    CW (Current Weight): 318.8

I didn't sleep well this week as I'm in an hour early for training and did a bit of depression eating yesterday (because we found out our rent is going up over $200 :cry: ) so I was happily surprised there was still a loss!

@Afura So sorry about the uptick in rent...I know a lot who are having to face that lately...it not easy, especially when wages don't increase as fast as prices! Hope you can find a way to balance out. I know a lot of people getting creative with Etsy, eBay, etc...some days I'll admit, when trying to balance out the bills, I DO miss my piano lesson income.

Congrats on your loss this week! Hang in there!
    Jessica
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,036 Member
    The June Team Chat is open! Go to introduce yourselves and get ready to set goals and commit to a new month:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10865564/shape-shifters-team-chat-june-2022/p1?new=1

Please continue May Week 4 weigh-ins here :smiley:
  • jessicakrall8
    edited May 2022
    @PatriceFitnessPal I KNEW something was wrong because it's not like you to be so quiet, but I assumed you were out of town or spending time with family. I am SO VERY SORRY for the loss of your son's friend! How is he handling it? I agree with you, all of this trauma and grief is overwhelming some days. I tend to cry, pray and walk just to clear my head. It seems every day is a new reason for sadness. I hope you know you can reach out to us anytime, but that doesn't give you the hug you probably really need, or a friend to just listen to you express yourself. I will email you my phone number and know that I'm only a call away especially when you just need to vent.

I too dream of a day when we stop hurting ourselves and others. We have to find a way to respect each other, live peacefully and stop the violence...especially when it's pointed to the weakest...children, senior citizens, the handicapped...just breaks my heart.

**BIG HUGS** my friend...Find a quiet corner, just breathe...drink your favorite relaxing beverage, listen to some jazz (or whatever music speaks to your soul) and know that we're here thinking of you. Please hug your son from a stranger he doesn't know, but who cares for his Mom.

Jessica
  • KHill875
    KHill875 Posts: 156 Member
    KHill875
    Friday weigh in
    PW: 142.1
    CW: 141.3

I was rage/emotional eating this week, so I am surprised the scale went down. My whole family (3-year-old, 5-year-old, husband, and me) all woke up with fevers today.
This discussion has been closed.