Women 200lb+, Let's Have A Momentous May!!!

Replies

• CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    Good morning everyone!

188.0 today, still a little sore, but much less than I was. It's messing with my head a little bit, when I know I haven't been eating to justify this, but bodies are amazing. Strenuous exercise makes little tears in muscles, and the body hangs onto water in order to facilitate their recovery.

It's silly how much I'm looking forward to being able to be a member of the gym with the pole classes. Meanwhile, today is the dentist, tonight I think I'll just throw a pot pie in the oven or something for dinner.

I did get through the most time-consuming colorwork of my halloween sweater yesterday! It's comfy now, so it'll be a little oversized when I'm done losing weight (or even just, not done, in October, when I will be smaller)
    2enacnr0zmjg.png

And I played a little Life is Strange. Whatsisface is enjoying watching the choices I make and comparing with his friend, both of them have played it through already.

Tag party time!
    @pamperedlinny oooh, a recipe blog?! 👀 if you don't want to share, that's totally fine and I understand, but if you do... :smile:

@_manny_702 CONGRATULATIONS! 👙

@kenziestabes your life and goals sound wonderfully well balanced. I love hearing about it. I hope bowling works out!

@seltzer_lover I hope the weather changes for you, too. Can't imagine. :heart:

@PansyLass13 I 100% feel you on this:
    meant to be a compliment, but i find it hard to take. its just so loaded, as the weight struggle has definitely been generational. so, we'll see, lol. <3
    When I was a kid, everyone in my neighborhood (mostly made up of older ladies) would always say things like, "ooh, raking leaves is a good way to burn calories!" or, when I had gallbladder problems that wouldn't allow me to eat, "wow, you lost so much weight!" You're right, my mom especially noticing is incredibly loaded for me.

Sounds like you've got a good head on your shoulders though. And you're doing well. :heart:

@biohazardinc time for me to beat on the drum I'm currently holding, which is the "if you are exercising every day and you feel a little sore, that's water!" drum.

If you don't think it's water weight, you could make sure you're logging everything, and nothing's sneaking by you, but if you are logging everything, you've just gotta stay patient. Exercise is good for you, motorbike lessons sound SO FUN, and weight loss will come if you keep the deficit.

Have a great day, everyone!
    weight.png
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,551 Member
    Good morning everyone!!!

I hit another Zumba class last night and did my neighborhood walk once the school bus drove away and now I’m nearly desperate for coffee…. So that will be my next task after this check in. I’ve been really tired the last few days but I’m pretty sure that is because I’ve been hitting my work outs harder and more often now than I did the last 2 months. Whenever my kid has her sports I’m so busy running that I never get to my own exercise time. Now that sports are over my body is exhausted with adjusting back to being more active.

I’m still trying to figure out what I’m making us for dinner tonight. Sometimes I wish a genie would appear and find something everyone in the house likes and fits everyone’s health needs at the same time. Unfortunately, that’s my job. Although, if anyone has a good, quick, healthy and pleases everyone type of meal idea I'm all ears today. Speaking of food, @CupcakeCrusoe I’m happy to share my recipe blog links.
    Blog at pamperedlinny.wixsite.com/coffee-required
    Facebook Recipe Page at www.facebook.com/Health-Eating-with-Linda-106272712093513/

@_manny_702 Happy Onederland!!!!!!
    @seltzer_lover I love to read and haven’t been including that time in my schedule lately. I feel encouraged to get some more reading into my life again. It used to be I never went anywhere without a book.
    @PansyLass13 I have a love/hate relationship with when other people start to comment and notice. It definitely makes me feel more self-conscious about what I look like to everyone else instead of just focusing on my health.
    @biohazard We all hit plateaus once in a while. Your body will catch up eventually. Don’t give up.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    edited May 2022
    Sometimes I wish a genie would appear and find something everyone in the house likes and fits everyone’s health needs at the same time. Unfortunately, that’s my job. Although, if anyone has a good, quick, healthy and pleases everyone type of meal idea I'm all ears today. Speaking of food, @CupcakeCrusoe I’m happy to share my recipe blog links.
    Blog at pamperedlinny.wixsite.com/coffee-required
    Facebook Recipe Page at www.facebook.com/Health-Eating-with-Linda-106272712093513/

Oooh, nice!

As for the Meal I Make When I Can't Think of What to Make, it's always egg roll skillet. One pan, minimal ingredients and work (especially if you use coleslaw mix as a shortcut for the cabbage). And you can mix and match what vegetables and proteins go in here based on what you have on hand.

~1 lb ground protein (I like ground pork)
    1 onion
    a thumb of ginger
    a head of garlic (but I really like garlic, ymmv)
    1/2 head of cabbage and 2 large carrots OR bagged coleslaw mix
    4 TBSP each soy sauce and rice wine vinegar
    2 TBSP sesame oil

(If I'm serving with rice, I stick the rice in the rice cooker when I start cooking)

Dice and cook down onion, then add some chopped ginger and garlic.

Cut up carrots diced kind of fine, add those in there.

Once that's all nice and happy, brown some ground protein (I like to use ground pork, but most of the time I have ground beef, so that's what I use, or occasionally ground turkey).

Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder (I use Penzey's Sandwich Sprinkle, because I put that ish on everything.)

When the meat is all browned, I add chopped up cabbage (or, if I'm feeling lazy, coleslaw mix, and I don't add the carrots beforehand).

Let that cook down a little, then add equal parts soy sauce and rice vinegar, and half a part sesame oil. People's desired sauciness varies.

Cook until everything gets coated nicely in the sauce. Serve over rice, or by itself. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired. Delicious. Even better as leftovers.
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    edited May 2022
    As for the Meal I Make When I Can't Think of What to Make, it's always egg roll skillet.

We make something very similar and call it "Egg Roll Bowl" It is always made the day after "Thai Peanut Chicken Zoodles" because each recipe uses half a head of cabbage... yum
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    "Thai Peanut Chicken Zoodles" because each recipe uses half a head of cabbage... yum

Oooh, a quick google only gives me zoodles but not cabbage as well- recipe please? :wink:
  • porquenoirl
    porquenoirl Posts: 76 Member
    All these recipes today, wow they sound good (and tempting!). @bonniemcc4 hope you heal up swiftly! And delighted to hear your therapist is a good fit, I'm still waiting on my callback for mine, both want it and don't want it :# but I know it'll be good to "do the work".
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    @CupcakeCrusoe

Zoodle Ingredients:
    2 TBS sesame oil
    2 tsp minced garlic
    1 cup shredded carrots
    1 cup thinly sliced cabbage
    3 zucchini, spiralized
    1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
    Toppings: sesame seeds, cilantro

Peanut Sauce:
    1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
    1/3 cup honey
    1/3 cup soy sauce
    2 TBS rice vinegar
    2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
    1-2 TBS Siracha

Instructions:
    1. Add sesame oil and garlic to large skillet and cook over medium heat. Add carrots and cabbage cook about 5 min until tender. Add zoodles and chicken and cook about 3 min. Remove from heat
    2. Combine all sauce ingredients in small saucepan over low heat. Wisk until PB has melted and everything is combined.
    3. Pour sauce over zoodle mix. Stir to combine and serve.

4 generous servings is 518 calories in my recipe
  • mmdeveau
    mmdeveau Posts: 107 Member
    I wanted to post on Sunday. My last two weeks at work have been busy to say the least. Coupled with an adjustment to my preferred workout time in the morning, I needed some major downtime this past weekend, and although it was "broken" sleep, I slept from about 8:30 last night to 5:00 this morning.

I still don't have time to post right now, but I've been reading and I thought to post a link to another thread that was written back in 2013 (so any links within the post are no longer valid). I've posted this one before and some of you may have seen it before, but I reread it every now and then to check in with my own plan.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

I'd say your ability to exercise may vary from what the author recommends. But the food section and the progress measures section are both great information.

Also, a site I love for recipes is https://www.skinnytaste.com/
    Initially I was drawn to her easy crockpot recipes and meal-prep recipes, but she's also got some great low-cal weeknight dinner recipes too.
  • Girlfieri223
    Girlfieri223 Posts: 6 Member
    Hey y’all! So I posted here a few weeks ago feeling quite sorry for myself because I had gained a couple pounds despite working hard to lose them. I’m happy to say that has changed and the scale has now dropped 4 lbs from my starting weight! I’ve been doing fairly well with the gym, going around 3 times a week. I would like to increase that to 4 but I’ll take it one victory at a time.

Anyway, if any of you are struggling with stagnation or the scale going the wrong way know that if you’re working out and eating at a deficit, it will go back in the correct direction. You can do it! If anyone wants more support and friends here on the app, please feel free to add me. I could use a community too.

Hope you’re all having a wonderful week!
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    Good morning everyone,

Take care of yourselves today. We weren't meant to carry this much grief. Me and mine are fine. Take this energy and work toward changing. DM me if you'd like org suggestions. Weight 187, so finally starting to back off the high weight.

Tags
    @rockitwell86 I'm glad you made it through COVID, take it extremely easy and give yourself all the time you need to heal up.

@bonniemcc4 I'm so glad that your therapist seems like they're a good fit. :heart:

@porquenoirl mojo for therapy for you too!

@sandielewis2001 sounds delicious, and I just so happen to have a spiralizer, and Whatsisface is growing squash. Done done done.

@mmdeveau I love that thread.

@Girlfieri223 true words. Glad you got your whoosh.

weight.png
  • pamperedlinny
    I fell way off the wagon yesterday. Like clockwork about a week before my cycle I also feel very blah, don't want to exercise and want to eat everything with salt, fat and carbs. Most of the time I can either ignore the feeling or make a little slide fit in but yesterday I fell hard. I know one bad day won't really hurt things in the long run but since I have a cheat planned for Friday night already I'm a bit mad at myself. We all have those days when we just don't stick though. I'll start fresh today and try not to beat myself up too much.

There is no Zumba class tonight and I still feel a bit ick so I probably won't go out in the rain to the gym. However, I do plan (and told my husband to keep myself accountable) that I'll do the elliptical and/or aerobic videos on my lunch hour and after work today. I also told my 8 year old that I wasn't sharing the potato chips last night because I was in a funk and she asked me this morning if I was back on track. Nothing like a kid reminding you that they are watching to push you back to the straight and narrow.

@rockitwell86 I hope you bounce back soon.

@CupcakeCrusoe I’ll need to make the egg roll skillet soon. That sounds good.

@bonniemcc4 Ouch! I hope you feel better soon.

@sandielewis2001 That recipe sounds fabulous too. I definitely need to make that soon.

@mmdeveau SkinnyTaste is one of my all-time favorite sites for when I don’t know what to make too. She has such great recipes and ideas.

@Girlfieri223 I’m so glad it dropped for you! Also, I’ll send you a friend request.

• rockitwell86
    rockitwell86 Posts: 36 Member
    Good morning loves!

Did some meal prepping last night. That felt amazing to get back in the kitchen & get things ready for the week.

Ham, cheddar, & broccoli frittata
    Taco Skillet
    Creamy Green Chili Enchilada Soup (we'll see how this goes, I didn't have a some of the ingredients so I'm winging it :D )
    Baked "Spaghetti" (squash) - back up recipe if needed

I'm half way through another book series. Can't wait to get home & read some more tonight. I have 1 book left until I finish my Goodreads book challenge for the year. I think I need to up my goal. Does anyone else do Goodreads?

Usually Wednesdays I go out for a couple drinks with friends. One of the guys in our friend group plays guitar at a local bar every Wednesday so we all go. I don't know if I'm feeling it or not, so we'll see.

@pamperedlinny - I haven't taken a Zumba class in YEARS! I loved taking them, but they're hard to find around here now. I need to start working out at lunch - that is a great idea & we have a gym where I work.
  • JAC581
    JAC581 Posts: 91 Member
    edited May 2022
    Good morning! It's been a while since I've checked in. I took my monthly Emgality injection for migraines last night and my head is absolutely pounding this morning. Naturally, my landlord is being noisy upstairs so I had to escape to my parents' for the day.

@rockitwell86 I am on Goodreads! I'm not quite sure how to add people that aren't in my contacts or Facebook friends.

@pamperedlinny Now I want to do Zumba again, but like @pamperedlinny said, there are not many classes around here now. I was trying to decide if it would be worth it to join the local YMCA - it is SO expensive though!
  • pamperedlinny
    @JAC581 & @rockitwell86 We have a family membership to the YMCA and that is where I go for Zumba. Since it includes the gym, a discount on my daughter's after school program, my daughter's literacy mentor (she struggles with keeping on grade level reading), water slides during the summer and an indoor pool during the winter that makes the cost worth it for our family. Financially we are quite strapped and talked about cancelling multiple times but the benefits for us outweigh the cost and we've squeezed it our budget for 3 or 4 years now.

However, if you can't justify the cost or find anything local I also use Zumba Sulu on YouTube when I exercise at home. Actually, I have a bunch I'm subscribed to bunch. A couple I like for quick (under an hour work outs) are....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9Ki56XoYx2zD8UGs9MvRmw
    https://www.youtube.com/c/THESTUDIOBYJAMIEKINKEADE/videos
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOD8lPSrcmelzjAsRbE4fzg
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    Good morning everyone!

Weight 187.6, lol. I thought I could start going down in time for the weigh in tomorrow, but so far, nope. I made peanut butter fudge two days ago, and finished it off last night, and my logging wasn't accurate at all, so maybe I am 187, and not lower than that. We'll see.

5ltnsbijvb6l.png

But truly, yesterday sucked. First the news, then the baby had diarrhea at school again, so I called both her pediatrician and clinic, and they said liquids only (Gatorade and pedialyte) for two meals. Then we found that Whatsisface had been exposed to COVID on Monday. Great.

So we get home, I keep myself and the kids away from Whatsisface as much as possible, meanwhile trying to distract the baby from her favorite thing to do- snack. I keep her gatorade nearby, and I keep pushing pedialyte in her G-tube, as if maybe if I kept her tummy full of liquid, she wouldn't feel the loss of snacks so badly. It was still tough. I was constantly in distract-the-baby mode, hyping up playing pretend in the playroom, then her favorite shows, then a bath, then lots of books, playing with her sister. We made it to bedtime, and she was upset. But we made it. She got to sleep. I'm sleeping in the room with them to stay away from Whatsisface. One more meal to go, and I won't be here for it. Then, the nurse said, she can eat normally, and praise be for that.

So, anyway. I've pre-logged up until dinner today, and I've got my usual ~1000 cal for after work, which should be plenty for whatever I end up doing for dinner tonight.

I was looking at new workout clothes yesterday to try to relax and not doomscroll, but I should probably hold off on buying some until I get closer to goal, lol.

Tag party
    @pamperedlinny falling off the wagon happens, getting back on is key. I hope you did your workouts! :wink:

@rockitwell86 I love making spaghetti squash. Yum. Green chili enchilada soup sounds great, too!

@JAC581 I hope your migraines stop quickly and that your landlord quiets down!

@lmgoff232 YESSSSSS WEAR THAT BIKINI GIRL.

@sbortnick is someone cutting onions in here, my eyes are all teary. Congratulations, this is a huge accomplishment, and you absolutely should be very proud.

Be the change you want to see today.

weight.png

• JAC581
    JAC581 Posts: 91 Member
    However, if you can't justify the cost or find anything local I also use Zumba Sulu on YouTube when I exercise at home.

Oh, I clicked on your links and realized I have seen him before! He seems really fun and I might give him a try when I am feeling a little better. It's day 2 of migraine but I feel like it might go away today so fingers crossed! Tomorrow and Saturday are supposed to be stormy outside so those might be good days to try it out!