Medication to aid weight loss?

2»

Replies

• chrissyinbloom
    chrissyinbloom Posts: 64 Member
    Hi, just wanted to share my experience. I've been on Trulicity for almost 5 weeks now. It's a weekly injection. It's NOT insulin, but it helps to delay gastric emptying, making you feel full.
    I've lost 7 lbs so far on the lowest dose (0.75 mg).
    I've had very little side effects: nausea the first 2 days and mild constipation.
    The benefits definitely outweigh the side effects. Not only do I feel full all the time, my blood sugar is more stable. I don't get ravenously hungry because my blood sugar has dropped. I feel like I have more mental clarity due to this. I can slow down and make healthier choices with food.
    You definitely still need to make lifestyle changes. But Trulicity makes it easier to do so.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member
    mikomarcia wrote: »
    New Update: It's been a while since I've shared my progress so I thought I'd pop in. I'm now 187lbs. (The one 180's!!! From a SW for 224!) I am still eating healthy most of the time with a couple splurges here and there. But the most exciting thing is my blood work. I got my results and although my triglycerides are still a little high at 190 (they were over 900 when I started) it's a huge improvement! All other numbers were within normal ranges. All of them! I don't think I've seen that since I was in my 20s. So I'm keeping on with everything. I'm losing a little slower averaging 1.5lbs a week. Still it seems like it's really a fat loss and not water or anything. My face is completely transformed. I have a lot of energy most of the time and my Dr wants me to start strength training. (Boo, I hate strength training but I'll research so easy and quick ones to start.) If you guys have any suggestions, let me know!

Great work!

I firmly believe the best way to learn strength training is in person with a trainer at a gym. Every gym I've ever joined, and I've moved around a lot, has offered 1-3 sessions with a trainer for free. Many gyms have also had free or cheap small group classes, and I have taken advantage of these several times.

If you try to learn from youtube or a book, you will have no sense if your form is correct, among other disadvantages.
  • zutshihora
    zutshihora Posts: 30 Member
    Just got done with the 4 th dose of .25 today. Have lost about 3 lbs. Random nausea. I think it's taking time to get assimilated and to show results. Next week,I start on .5🤞🤞the fasting blood sugar is getting into a decent range,already.
  • bethhl
    bethhl Posts: 6 Member
    I have tried several drugs/supplements for weight loss. None of them truly helped. Still, I feel the pull of them. Years ago I lost 100 lbs ,but regained about 1/2 and bounced around "playing " with the same 20 lbs up and down. Up and down..... until this past April when I had some serious health issues (still have some..but that's another story). Something has Clicked again f or me. I started tracking my food , I started moving more. Eating better, making more informed decisions (by knowing what and how much I've been eating through tracking) I've "regained" my 100 lb weight loss and am actually lower than I've been in 40ish years.

STILL some of those commercials pull at me..... especially those that promise to "reset " my body to "correct" insulin resistance. The quick fix of medication isn't going to solve all your weight
    loss issues.

To be open , I got a Jump Start this time because while in the hospital, I was on IV Lasix to get rid / reduce the excess water weight I was carrying.