Staying on Track Has Never Been Easier — Introducing Your New Dashboard!

Options

Replies

• BadBanditCA
    BadBanditCA Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I don't mind the new dashboard layout, seems some people are having trouble finding the features but that's just a learning curve.

My issues with the dashboard (as described above) have nothing to do with a learning curve. It’s just a stupid update that barely has a connection to the rest of the app.
    The resources spent on the dashboard would have been far better invested in FIXING BUGS and speed improvements.
  • postwarbreakout
    postwarbreakout Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't care about the Dashboard and don't have any technical issues but the new widget sucks. You need to make it huge to have the buttons to quickly add an item. I also dislike that you can't access recipes from the Diary page anymore. Going to downgrade for now because these are 2 major issues for my workflow.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,174 Member
    Options
    @BadBanditCA

Agreed.

What's worse is that when I use the app (iPhone) to look at and enter food into my diary, the new fabulous layout takes up between two thirds and three quarters of the screen leaving only a tiny space in my journal I can see. I understand keeping the navigation/date pane on top. That's small. I like having the calories remaining, too. Then there's a huge ad and message that I should get premium that takes up a full quarter of my screen. The bottom navigation pane is larger than it used to be and takes up more room.

I'm looking at yesterday's food journal. I can see two items I entered, and that's it. Then with the lag slowing down the scrolling, it's hard to actually get to a useful place.

If only I had some kind of magic wand to delete this "update." Not an update. It's a downgrade with some pretty flowers around some of the edges.

The underlying problem is that there's a whole lot of code underneath layers and layers of other code. If there were really a desire to do an "update," it would probably be a ground-up rewrite. Nobody has time or money for that.

• nunamakj
    nunamakj Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    9:50 pm central time

Is the app having issues or did it crash? I can't get premium (with the new look) to even open.

I get the old version, but I finally got used to the newer look and don't care for the old way now.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    It's nothing to do with premium, seems to be an Android issue.

On the troubleshooting page of the help section:
    "Bug: App no longer opens, after being force quit.
    - If you reinstall, it will allow you to log back in and will stay open if you don't force quit again, leaving it open in the background."

I have reinstalled, but same problem once I logged in again.
    I think it's linked to an update that happened yesterday.
    Is this the universe's way of evening things out after things went so wrong for Apple users? 🤷🏻
  • Betty
    Betty Posts: 8,816 MFP Staff
    Options
    nunamakj wrote: »
    9:50 pm central time

Is the app having issues or did it crash? I can't get premium (with the new look) to even open.

I get the old version, but I finally got used to the newer look and don't care for the old way now.

Hello! The Android app was experiencing issues yesterday. Please see the article for more information: https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/7331822787213-Fixed-Android-app-not-opening-closing-immediately-and-Widget-is-non-responsive
  • kiki_0_4
    kiki_0_4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    :) Love the new layout

New layout is fresh and user friendly! Nice update!
  • donniemac
    donniemac Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If I could go back to pre-dashboard, I would. I agree it’s the other users that since that change, the app is almost useless. Slow, laggy, cluttered. If I were starting out with a fitness app, this would not be it.
  • Capecodstarcom
    Capecodstarcom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Regardless of whether it is the new dashboard or not, the app is crashing constantly for me, and I paid for premium.
  • Cocopalms62
    Cocopalms62 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone 62 year old female feeling motivated. Looking for any summer challenges or groups to get me started in my weight loss.
  • Desert_Rose007
    Desert_Rose007 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm greatly disappointed to find out that my galaxy s7 will not be supported because of the new dashboard. I've been using myfitnesspal for a long time,and hate to lose it all. Now I will have to find another app..not happy at all!! 😠
  • curtis_can_do_this
    curtis_can_do_this Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My streak days won’t reset. I want it to reset if I miss a day to track the milestone. The old version did the opposite it would often reset to zero even though I stayed logged in on my iPhone and opened the app every day. I also used to get notifications reminding me to keep my streak going. I’ve logged off for multiple days straight the past 10 days hoping it would reset but it just keeps adding to the streak. I have paid for premium for 4 years now and I really liked the previous version. The dashboard does nothing for me and the interfaces of the different functions appear less useful and have less info (e.g. weight progress over time). I think my annual auto renewal is in August and if the current issues don’t improve then this app is no longer useful or helpful for me. Thank you in advance for any assistance or clarification you might be able to offer. Kindest regards
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    Well, I am now trying out a different calorie and activity tracking website. On first glance, it seems a little more difficult to use than MFP, but it may have some advantages if I learn how it works.
    • The food database is curated, so all the entries have been checked out. Down side is, nobody could have as massive of a database as MFP. That said, I know the entries are correct which has never been the case in the 4.5 years I've used MFP.
    • Allegedly still will sync with activity tracking devices. I haven't linked mine yet.
    • There are some advertisements, but they are way less obtrusive and obnoxious.
    • There is an option to pay for an upgraded membership that will eliminate ads, like MFP.
    • Like MFP, it has a web and an app that talk together. It's possible they talk to each other better.
    • The paid version is about half the cost of the MFP premium service.

I'd like to stick around MFP because I know how the database works, and I have a 4.5 year history of logging. Unfortunately, the "improvements" that MFP keeps unleashing are definitely not improvements. The latest one is really awful. The idea that "Staying on Track Has Never Been Easier" because of the new "dashboard" is laughable at best. It's more difficult.

It's not just the dashboard. The dashboard in and of itself is irrelevant. I would prefer to just ignore it, but when I log in on the app, it always goes to the dashboard, not to where I last left off. I have no need for the dashboard. It provides no new information, and the information it does provide is more difficult to see than it used to be. The issue for me is the other "improvements." The worst is that when logging food on the app, I have about 34% of my screen to work with when I'm looking at meals. There's a giant "you should buy premium" notice that takes up a third of the screen or more.

I'm curious what the food diary page looks like on the iOS app if someone pays for Premium.

It would be totally awesome if the MFP programmers would make a new "improvement" that basically turned the site back into what it was a couple months ago. It wouldn't have to "go back." It would be new code that worked the way it used to. Yes, adding code on top of code on top of code will almost certainly create new bugs. We're used to that.

The most recent update shouldn't be called an update. It's a downgrade.
  • cranenicky6457
    cranenicky6457 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Please can we have the option to go back to the old dashboard!
  • Lynxes602
    Lynxes602 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I can’t find water tracking anymore- did that go away?

Its on the very bottom when you go into food diary
  • Ma_Diddles
    Ma_Diddles Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Oh no. I think I got lost. I am looking to re register on the Camo Crew for BLC50. Why am i here???

• shubhn080
    shubhn080 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Any hope of getting the old UI back or I have to switch to another app?
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    shubhn080 wrote: »
    Any hope of getting the old UI back or I have to switch to another app?

Don’t hold your breath.

MFP is a great tool, but it’s a lot less great since the *kitten* that was imposed a few weeks ago. If you find a good other app, please let us know. I am looking too and playing around with another one. It has some aspects that are less user friendly, but it is probably worth moving because of the changes here. So sad.
  • postuff
    postuff Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It has the big dashboard dial, and the menu is in a different place, but everything still seems to be here. I'm on my third go around with mfp, and using the app on Android for the first time. Really not having a problem with it. A lot of people seem to be having trouble syncing with their other devices, which I don't do...
  • Legare24
    Legare24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just new here and I am amazed at the fact so many complaints about this! Guess that is how I got so heavy. Why would anyone use it if it is so horrible? Guess I will move on. *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* is what I read.