Mission Slimpossibles Team Chat - JULY 2022

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,055 Member
    Options
    Another member joining your team ...Please welcome @19shmoo69 :)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    @bgame4 The produce in summer is so fun, definitely the best time to enjoy it! There's good stuff at other seasons but not like summer.

@TeresaW1020 You got this my friend, you've had one heck of a year so no kicking yourself, dust yourself off and get back to it! I went through that a bit after I relapsed since I gained half my weight back but there's nothing you can do now but set yourself up better for success, shame will only shrink your spirit. So glad things are good for you right now.

@laurelfit57 Can't wait to hear the new goal.

@DietCokeAddict33904 Hi Kim, welcome to Slimpossibles! I look forward to getting to know you, health problems definitely make weight loss a challenge.

@Jactop Yay so happy you're back my friend! You've been missed!

@tahu010 Welcome to Slimpossibles!

Great team percentage everyone!

@bgame4 @RaquelFit2 @trooworld Congratulations on the losses!

@19shmoo69 Welcome back Darren!

Not much new here, I got up and worked out, went to my brother's for awhile, then came home and cleaned and watched a weird movie called Suspiria, I luckily Googled it or I'd have been a little lost to be honest! I'm reading a book called The Nineteen Katherines but the print is light so I can't read it at night, guess I'll read a magazine before bed. Have a great Monday!
  • RaquelFit2
    RaquelFit2 Posts: 208 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Weigh-in day: Monday

PW (Previous Weight):130.1
    CW (Current Weight): 131.6

(Gained 🤨 and right after I got on the board.)

Congrats to our team for our win! 🥇

@bgame4 & @trooworld congrats! 🎊 🎉

Thanks @Katmary71 for the support!❤️❤️❤️❤️

I've actually been using weights again so I'm hoping the gain is gainZ.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    @DietCokeAddict33904, @tahu010 - Welcome!

@Jactop @19shmoo69 - Welcome back! Good to see you here!

@katmary- "shame will only shrink your spirit" LOVE THIS!

My job is centered around checking billing problems after a new electronic medical record system goes live. Go live on Saturday. They want us to check things immediately, so starting today, I am working 12 days in a row. I'm on salary. :( Hopefully after this, there will be two weeks of crazy while bugs are fixed and then my job will settle into a routine of stuff I like to do. Count down the days with me. I got this!

Hubs is also having trouble at work. He and I went to the beach for some zen time yesterday. Sometimes "just being" is just what you need to recharge.

Happy Monday!

Lisa

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Wahhooooo congrats on being in first place Slimpossibles on the leaderboard for this week!! B):star: Although it looks like the entire F2F is struggling and need to get back to what works this month. I know we can do it!! :)

@DietCokeAddic33904 Welcome to the group! I have a friend who has Hashimotos. She had good results when she went really low carb. What type of diet plan are you on? I look forward to getting to know you.

@Jactop Welcome back to the team, girlfriend!! I’m so happy to see you return. <3

@19shmoo69 Welcome back to the team!! It’s great to have you back!

@Katmary71 I admit that it has been one heck of a year. If I wasn’t journaling, I wouldn’t believe all that has happened, so thank you. <3

@Cornanda Ugghhh working out the bugs of a new system can always be challenging. But I know you can do it!! Just stay focused and remember to put yourself first when possible. Hopefully, work life for you and your husband will settle down. :)

Good morning, Team! I woke up early this morning which is something I love to do. The house is quiet and I have my coffee and time to write to y’all. :grin: This morning, after my workout, my sister and I are going grocery shopping. Then I have to get a lizard out of the screen porch because it’s making my dog crazy and me ready to wring her little barking neck! :# The scale was down this morning and I plan to be really careful these next two days so I have a nice drop on the scale for TOPS tomorrow night. Have a great day! :)
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    Hi
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,884 Member
    Options
    Congrats to the whole Slimpossibles team for making it to #1 on the leaderboard! A special shoutout to @bgame4 and @RaquelFit2 for your top 2 placing!

@DanielleHeitzenrater Congrats on the loss! Good luck getting into the routine of things, it sounds like you had a really busy day yesterday.

@infamouscandi Thank you for letting us know and good luck to you! @broncobuddee , can you remove her from the roster, please? TIA

@Katmary71 Thank you, I'll check them out! I'm glad you had a good time after the mix-up on locations. I've heard of that movie but never watched it.

@bgame4 Congrats on the loss! I love all the summer produce.

@TeresaW1020 I'm glad things are going well for you. Poor Maggie is just trying to protect you from the scary lizard lol. Have a great day!

@laurelfit57 Great weigh-in!

@DietCokeAddict33904 Hi and welcome to the team! I'm around your age (I'm 53 almost 54). Good to have you!

@Jactop @19shmoo69 Yay, jactop and shmoo! Welcome back!

@RaquelFit2 No worries! I bet it's from the weights.

@Cornanda Oh no! 12 days in a row, that stinks! And you are on salary...bummer. You do have this!

Hi all. Still testing positive for COVID and feeling it so this will be short. I am doing "ok". Just really, really tired. I'm glad to see new members and returning members here.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • 19shmoo69
    Options
    I just found out the company that makes yard sticks won't be making them any longer.
  • lindaprofota
    lindaprofota Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    PW236
    CW234
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Hi MS... Another new member joining your team ...Please welcome @cybernurse251 :)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda Wow, twelve days in a row will be crazy. Yes you do got this! The beach sounds wonderful, I'm glad you and your husband were able to go.

@TeresaW1020 Your house sounds so peaceful aside of the lizard! So happy the scale is moving for you.

@19shmoo69 Hi my friend!

@trooworld Take care my friend, hope you feel better.

@cybernurse251 Welcome to Slimpossibles!

Hi everyone! Did my workout and ran around trying to pick up donations for the charity which was a bust so I'm going to have to go to each place in the next couple days. Still doing good with my rainbow and dancing. Not much else is going on, have a great Tuesday!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Hi MS... You have another new member joining your team ...Please welcome @leti126 :)
  • 19shmoo69
    Options
    Good morning, fitfam!! Coffee anyone?
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,884 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 :D You know it! I might have 2 cups this morning. I know you are probably having at least 2 cups, am I right?

@Katmary71 Thank you! Have a great Tuesday, too.

Good morning. Still feeling cruddy so won't be long. No tracking and not enough water. Still focusing on getting rid of this virus. Have a great day!

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all!

My name is Leti and I will be joining for the August challenge. I’m 29 years old, live in CT with my husband and brown lab and I’m a 1st grade teacher. My weight has fluctuated most of my life but this past school year was tough and I lost control. I’m ready to gain control back and be committed to a healthier lifestyle!
    I have used WW and Noom in the past as well as MFP but figured I’m going to try MFP again as I know that for me it’s more about portion control and consistency. I also like the group aspect of it.
    I’m excited to get to know all of you and get started on this challenge! Feel free to add me!
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 – So which Suspiria did you watch? The original (1977) or remake (2018)? I bought them both before having watched either one. Didn’t care for either, but liked the remake a smidgen more.
    @19shmoo69 – You got me on that one! I was all like, “What?” Then totally laughed out loud at my desk…good thing no coworkers are around!

Welcome to the newbies and welcome back to some old faves!

My intro: Hello my SlimPeeps! My name is Jennifer and I am a 48 year old single mom of 3 adult children. I live in beautiful Southwest Michigan, right across the Lake from Chicago. My son, Marcus, is 26 and in the Navy, stationed in Virginia and just got married July 10. My new Daughter-in-Love is Ashley. My oldest daughter, Sydney, is 25 and lives about 45 minutes south of me. She and her husband are currently separated and trying to sell their house. My youngest daughter, Hunter, is 22 and just moved into a new townhouse with her fiancé, Michael, last Friday. She’s about 35 minutes south of me. Older daughter will be moving in to the same complex after her house sells, so that makes me feel better knowing they’ll be right by each other. I also have a sweet rabbit, her name is Kismet. I love to rubber stamp (I’m a Stampin’ Up demo) and make cards. I'm an active member of my church (Board member), and also love horror movies and books. I have worked in Community Development at my County for over 17 years.

I’m trying to break free of my food addictions. I use the Healthi app…it’s like a knock-off version of WW. The plan it assigned me is “Conquer Cravings”. I really want to be successful, but I’m definitely a Negative Nancy in all aspects of my life. It’s hard overcoming it.

Things have been super hectic lately with all the life changes happening to my children. I have not been focused on making good choices. I got together to craft with a couple friends, one of which has maintained an awesome weight loss (she started at my biggest size, too) for over 10 years and the other had gastric bypass 4 years ago and has maintained her loss, too. We were all talking weight loss and the one thing they reiterated to me is that, even after all this time, they still track (one uses Healthi and one uses WW). They both agreed that when they get lazy with tracking, that’s when they see an increase and they know they will be tracking the rest of their lives. They also discussed how so many people lose a large amount right off the bat, which is discouraging for people like me, but they experienced fractional losses (like 0.2 to 0.4 lbs at a time). I’m so glad to have had that conversation with them. It’s motivating me. After Hunter moved out, I cleaned out the fridge, freezer and cupboards to take everything to her new place. It’s giving me a feeling of empowerment! It’s time for me to focus on ME! Being an empty nester is so helpful!

I shall sign off now with my 2022 Mantra: NO ZERO DAYS!
    (For those that don’t know, No Zero Days is based off an article that was shared on here previously. It’s the idea that, as long as you’ve accomplished something, then you didn’t have a zero day. No need to do it all…just a little is better than nothing.)
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    User: FushiaKat
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 151.2
    CW: 149.4

Below 150!! I'm doing the happy dance. Only 9.4 pounds to goal weight of 140,
    I think I can make it by the end of the year.
    I have been on a mission to find underwear that fits. It should not be this difficult. I'm a size 6 which is a medium. Can anybody recommend a good brand? I need to clean out my closet, I don't like wearing my bigger clothes anymore. I'm saying goodbye to all my XXL, XL and L clothes. The medium size is not tight on me but if I lose 10 more pounds, I don't think I will need smaller size clothes.

@trooworld I hope you feel better.

@bgame4 and @RaquelFit2 Thank you for representing our team on the leaderboard.

@Cornanda those 12 days will pass before you know it and then you can start enjoying your job.

@Katmary71 Thank you! You are an inspiration to me, and I enjoy reading your daily updates.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Congrats on finally having the house to yourself and now you will have time to focus on you and taking good care of yourself.

@TeresaW1020 So happy that the scale is finally moving, your dedication is paying off.

Welcome to all the new people, feel free to jump right in.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Quick pop in....

Well. Someone on my work team must have complained BIG TIME about the 12 days in a row. Because my manager had a one on one with each one of us and mine was all about making sure I was happy and wasn't going to quit because of this. She offered me Thurs off and another day after, or said I could bank the extra time. I need to go see my extended family this fall, so now I can happily tell myself that working all these days is because I want to see them! Yayyyy!

@19shmoo69 - OMG, the yardstick thing made me laugh! Thanks!

Lisa
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Hi MS...Another new member joining your team ...Please welcome @mummermike8 :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Another member joining your team .... Please welcome @jbwilson1975
This discussion has been closed.