Mission Slimpossibles Team Chat - JULY 2022

Replies

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,113 Member
    edited July 2022
    leti126 wrote: »
    Where are my tea fiends?!?
    kx2r7i5as49i.jpg

Me!! I find coffee so disgusting, I can’t stand the smell!
    Tea all the way!

Yay! Thank you! My all-time favorite is Twinings Prince of Wales. Can't find loose leaf in the U.S. anymore, but can still get bagged. I'm all about blacks, whites, and herbals. What about you?

• leti126
    leti126 Posts: 179 Member
    kx2r7i5as49i.jpg

Tea all the way!

Yay! Thank you! My all-time favorite is Twinings Prince of Wales. Can't find loose leaf in the U.S. anymore, but can still get bagged. I'm all about blacks, whites, and herbals. What about you?

Green tea is my jam in the morning and herbals at night!
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    What is wrong with you people?!?
    0t18q22hbg6f.jpg

😂 I also love tea and have found the perfect additives to make it great. I just haven’t gotten into the habit of drinking it daily but it’s been a discussion between me and my MFP bestie this past week!
  • bgame4
    bgame4 Posts: 94 Member
    At the point where I am in my life right now, I would probably have to join Team Coffee; although, I drink tea, as well.

Coffee - one cup (black - the darker the better) to start the day and rarely a second cup, but I have to drink it before early afternoon or it will affect my sleep
    Tea - mostly in winter - Chai, cinnamon, mint, anything herbal and fruity
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,476 Member
    Hey I love coffee and tea! Just wanted to drop in and say a quick hello, I'm headed out with a couple of the women from the charity for dinner at Dairy Queen and then a Blizzard as a dollar from each goes to a children's hospital today (we're going for one of the women's 5 year cancer free anniversary), needless to say my dinner will be over 1000 calories darnit but if I don't eat with them then I'm the only one not eating dinner which is weird. I'm going out tomorrow for Mexican food then the concert Saturday so my diet's going to be nuts for a few days. So happy to see so many returning members, can't wait to hear how you all are doing!

@trooworld I hope you get over Covid fast! I'm going to Anthrax and Black Label Society Saturday, I like both but especially the latter.

Speaking of drinks and eating out has anyone had Chik Fil A's diet lemonade? It's lemons and stevia or splenda, it's actually pretty good, I got one when I picked up some charity donations yesterday. I grow stevia so now I need to buy lemons and try making it at home. I grew a bunch of lemon herbs this year for teas but keep going to mints, especially the strawberry mint.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    @Katmary71 Lemonade with stevia sounds scrumdiddlyumptious!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,045 Member
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    Hello everyone!! Like I said in my sign up registry I’m canceling my Beachbody subscription this month. I’ve had it 3 years and the support there became less and less until really there was never more than two people in my group posting at any time and never the same two people. The coach was busy and didn’t have time to set up challenges so I just lost all motivation and it became a waste of money.

I’m a long time MFP user though! 😁
    Started in 2011 and hit my goal weight pretty quickly. I had a great group of supportive friends. Technology wasn’t as easy back then and I moved to an area with no wifi. Gained it all back plus some. Finally got connected again and had to scrounge up another great group of supporters. Lost it again pretty quick. It’s been the same rollercoaster ever since, I was actually doing better than I ever had.. i lost beyond my goal weight and had been maintaining for awhile and then Covid hit my daughters senior year of school. I fell completely off track and into a depression tried time and again to get back to it and failed. This past year was my youngest sons graduation and it was really hard on me. I not only had gained back everything but went over the 200 lb. mark and gained 12 lbs more than I had ever weighed in my life. I’m ready to get out of the 200’s and never see that number on the scale again.

I have a good group of MFP friends right now but I’m just not being challenged to push myself. I’ll do great for 3-10 days and then slack off again. I desperately need this challenge. When I’m challenged I succeed!!! I’m a bit new to the forums, I only use my phone and it’s a bit of a headache but then again logging into MFP has always had its own issues so I can deal!!! Thank you all in advance for getting me out of my funk!!! 😊

Whilst I was carefully paroozing your post, I noticed a subject matter that was not addressed. In some circles it would be an important subject. The subject is Coffee. Are you a coffee enjoyer?

😂😂😂 how did you know I’m having an internal battle with this right now!?

I tried to get away from non-dairy coffee creamer when I read it was top 5 worst things to put in your body. Was able to drink it black for a couple of years but I just can’t do it anymore. I’m currently trying every add in I can to love it again but so far it’s not working….

Have you tried keto coffee? Or heavy whipping cream? A non dairy option is nut creamers.
    I put baby formula in my wife's coffee once. She didn't drink coffee or talk to me for a week. Baby formula is not a good option.
  • 19shmoo69
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @leti126 Welcome to Slimpossibles Leti, I'm so glad you're part of our team!

@19shmoo69 I'm always game for coffee in the mornings, can't at night though!

@vegan4lyfe2012 The new Suspiria, definitely glad I Googled it as I would've been lost! Next time I'm in a horror mood I'll ask you for a recommendation, I didn't watch many movies or listen to music for about 20 years so I have a lot of catching up to do. I love that you cleaned your kitchen out for success, I think taking charge and now not having someone bringing in temptations you'll do amazing.

@FushiaKat Yay, I'm so happy for you Kat! Have fun clearing out the clothing! I'm like you, I'm about 145-147 right now but I know anything else I won't change sizes either. For bikini underwear I bought Auden from Target, they're not bad for the price, I didn't know if I'd go down much more so I didn't want to spend a lot on undergarments at the time. Aside of that I've bought some from Amazon but they're various styles and brands. Ironically I ordered some and was away from home and got a message that my package had been delivered with a picture, little weird to have a driver sending you pictures of your underwear even if you're the only one who knows what it is!

@Cornanda All the work is worth it to bank vacation days!

Hi everyone! I'm still cleaning the house while flared up. I worked out this morning then picked beans at the food bank farm, went to a cafe to get donations for the charity, then back home to clean. I need to spend some time in the yard, a bunch of sunflowers have fallen over and I need to tie them but wasn't up to it tonight. Have a concert on Saturday, can't wait! Tomorrow's picking up donations and stuff around the house. Have a great Wednesday!

You almost slipped past me. Peet's decaf is really good evening coffee.
  • 19shmoo69
    0t18q22hbg6f.jpg

Nothing wrong with me!! I drink tea as well. It's good hot or iced sweet or lemoned. I like it that way about once every four years.
  • 19shmoo69
    kx2r7i5as49i.jpg

Tea all the way!

Have you tried orange cinnamon tea?
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Hello Everyone!! I'm not exactly new to this group but I left for a couple years after going with WW. That worked alright but when they changed the point system again, I was out. I see some familiar faces which makes me happy and excited to be back!!

I'm on Fitbit as: Beth P. or under my email: bethanieisbell@gmail.com

Feel free to send a friend request but let me know on here so I'll accept you!

I'm looking forward to continuing my journey with you guys
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,511 Member
    Hi MS...Another new member joining your team ...Please welcome @deevan451 :)
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 282 Member
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 247
    CW: 248
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Hi all

Username davidji82
    Weigh in day Friday
    PW:231.4
    CW:229.2
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 5
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 197.0
    CW: 196.0
    Month +/-: -3.8
    Total Loss: 68.4

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @GabiV125 Hang in there, it will be fall before you know it! I'm already making my fall decorations lol.

@leonadixon Welcome back! I hope your surgery went well.

@shaunarlr83 I add Premier Protein shakes in my coffee instead of creamer. It is delicious and an added protein boost!

@vegan4lyfe2012 LOL! I'm sorry, I like tea sometimes but if it were a choice between tea and coffee, I'm TEAM COFFEE ALL THE WAY!!! LOL

@bgame4 Have you tried Deathwish Coffee yet? It's really strong but doesn't taste like it and is delicious!

@Katmary71 I hope you have fun with the ladies. I had Mexican food last night (homemade though). Thank you, I am feeling better every day! I love Anthrax, I've never listened to Black Label Society but maybe I'll check them out today while working. I have actually never been to Chik Fil A...it's always too busy but I hear they have good food!

@19shmoo69 Baby formula in coffee, that's a new one lol.

@bethanie0825 Welcome back!

@davidji82 @TeresaW1020 Congrats on the losses!

Hi all. Hanging in there. I have to run but have a good day.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    0t18q22hbg6f.jpg

Nothing wrong with me!! I drink tea as well. It's good hot or iced sweet or lemoned. I like it that way about once every four years.

I'm just messing with ya! I know how obsessed you are with your coffee!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 167.3
    CW: 166.8

I'm not back to my lowest low, but I'm close! I think this week is going to be a S****show though.....
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    I'm getting a big kick out of all this coffee vs tea discussion. I'm firmly in camp coffee, although I only drink very boring coffee.

I like green or regular tea with lemon- hot or iced and I like Constant Comment. So I guess I only drink boring tea too, but I'm OK with that!

@19shmoo69 - Baby formula in coffee? Why would you do that to the poor coffee?!?!

Welcome everyone! Exciting to have so many new and returning members this month!

Lisa
  • bgame4
    bgame4 Posts: 94 Member
    @trooworld I have not tried Deathwish, but it sounds like something I would like. However, my husband would probably not go anywhere near it, and he is the coffee maker of our household per the Biblical command: He-brews ;)
This discussion has been closed.