Shape Shifters Team Chat - JULY 2022

Replies

• SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    @Pupowl

The heat is terrible, especially for exercising. Remind me again where you live? Do you have air conditioning? I’m in Texas and Colorado. Our house in Texas is air conditioned, as is everything here, because it’s often hot, but my place in Colorado is not because it’s up in the mountains. So when it’s hot there it’s almost worse.

@izzyred9400 so sorry about your heart issues. Very scary. You are in my thoughts.

@PatriceFitnessPal i love reading about your rowing. My daughter rowed for a year in college. 5 seat I think.

@jessicakrall8 I have a pina colada with you! I want rum in mine!

Does anyone else get nuts about their fitness tracker? Running around to earn a stand hour before bed type thing? Yesterday I went into town with my husband for a doctors appointment. My Applewatch was sweaty and gross so I wore a normal one. Kept thinking about all my steps that I wasn’t getting credit for…

Steps update

7/17 25,360 (longer Sunday runs starting again)

7/18 19,139

7/19 9,688 (bad day all around)

7/20 15,372

• Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,450 Member
    edited July 2022
    @PatriceFitnessPal
    I also don't like using a lot of energy, but thankfully I do have solar panels. Using electricity is very cheap compared to gas and around 6 months of the year, my energy bill is negative so they owe me money. I wish they would stop using gas to heat houses though; I hate it. Something else that has bothered me the past days is seeing people turn on sprinklers for their grass! There are a lot of people in the world without access to clean drinking water and here we are wasting it on a bloody lawn. Instead they could just let it grow longer so it handles heat better. Grass also recovers pretty fast so it feels so pointless. I have never watered my lawn in my life and my grass is just fine.
    @SavageMrsMoose
    Yeah, I am not doing any intentional excercise in this heat! Just getting my steps in has been a challenge. I live in the Netherlands and houses here very rarely have air conditioning. Our summers just keep getting crazier so I imagine it will be considered for newer houses. I just have to manage with an electric fan.
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 355 Member
    We have similar goals for the Week! I’m making an effort to make my water goals and walk at least five days this week, which is tough with a forecast of 110 today. And I fizzle out on tracking too. I’m doing better, but the afternoon slump does me in.

[/quote]

Thanx @cre804 Good luck to you too! It been hot here too (Southern Alberta Canada) but not that hot! lol

July 17 Steps = 3470
    July 18 Steps = 9743
    July 19 steps = 10,688
    July 20 Steps = 10,632

Have a great day everyone!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited July 2022
    @Yukie_OP - I'm so sorry to hear that your entire family has COVID! The latest spike is really touching a lot of people I know. I'm glad your symptoms are mild and I hope you don't have any long-lasting difficulty with energy, etc. Take care!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited July 2022
    Thirst Quenching Thursday

Most of us can benefit from drinking more water, and it's even more important to stay hydrated during this widespread heat wave. Some of my rowing friends participated in a virtual presentation with the title, Beat the Heat, geared to masters (aka old people) rowers. I couldn't join the webinar but they told me that the biggest take-aways were:
    • Stay hydrated throughout the day (e.g., take eight gulps of water before/after coffee, etc.).
    • Practice acclimating to the heat and humidity with water, electrolytes, and consistent training.
    • Eat the "rainbow"* by eating well and including fruits and vegetables of different colors every day.

Do you "eat the rainbow" each day? What are you learning by reflecting on your diet and nutrition using the MFP application and participating in the F2F challenge? Do you have any habit tracker ideas for building more phytonutrients into your daily eating habits? What works or doesn't work for you?

3dq3ty6vtbn2.png

*Here's an article from Healthline about eating the rainbow.
    You can find out more about the benefits and nutrition details here.
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    @Yukie_OP So sorry about the Covid. Hopefully everyone continues to have mild symptoms

@PatriceFitnessPal I’m very guilty of not drinking enough water. Should add that to my focus list for next week
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    @SavageMrsMoose - I need to add drinking more water to my habit tracker or at least improve my tracking in the MFP daily food diary. I think I’ll start with the latter to learn more about my current status.

BTW, rowing is such a big commitment in college, waking up ridiculously early and spending long weekend days competing can be difficult to balance with student life. Your daughter was in the “powerhouse” section of the boat. Congratulations to your daughter for demonstrating her strength in so many ways!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,777 Member
    7/6-4,737
    7/7-6,729
    7/8-11,432
    7/9-11,433
    7/10-13,075
    7/11-11,960
    7/12-11,256
    7/13-9,196
    7/14-6,387
    7/15-7,112
    7/16-7,728
    7/17-7,224
    7/18-7,085
    7/19-7,912
    7/20-13,319
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 881 Member
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    My baby girl and I at the ocean q6jkwp9rabvd.jpg

Beautiful Mum & daughter,love your T Shirt ❤
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Feel Good Friday

Sharing success stories is motivating to others. Do you have a minor or major achievement to share? What’s something that made you smile this week?

I hope everyone is doing well. I’m sorry to hear about your leak @izzyred9400. I hope it’s resolved quickly!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,041 Member
    frankwbrown
    Friday Weigh-in; July week 4
    PW: 225.5
    CW: 226.9 ( gained 1.4 lbs; 0.62%)
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,041 Member
    Daily Step goal: 10,000
    Tue 7/19: 20,481
    Wed 7/20: 19,794
    Thu 7/21: 11,530