jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,075 Member
    edited July 2022
    tqeqdj4j8yte.jpg

A hearty welcome to our new members:
    @JanieD82
    @pedal__power
    @Motiv8tedMom
    @gofishs

Welcome to our newbies for August!! We're glad you found us! I'm Jessica, your Captain...somewhere having around here, we have two wonderful Motivators, @angmarie28 and @PatriceFitnessPal! We're looking forward to getting to know you this month and would love to hear a little about your goals for the future...here's a thought...would you mind each sharing your biggest struggle with your journey AND your most recent triumph?

I'm excited about Aug and can't wait to see what we can accomplish together as a team! I'm getting some great ideas for upcoming Group Challenges, so make sure you don't miss out on those. A new one starts every Sunday and I will be posting the one starting tomorrow in a link in this chatroom later this afternoon. Hope to see you join us!

Take a minute and go back to page one of this July chat thread and read our FAQ and some of the posts...that will likely answer all of your questions. If not, post any others you have and we'll try to find you some answers. On behalf of the whole team--WELCOME!!

Enjoy your week!
    Jessica
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,928 Member
    Hi SS...Another new member joining your amazing team ..Please welcome @Motiv8tedMom :)
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,151 Member
    Daily Step goal: 10,000
    Sun 7/24: 11,888
    Mon 7/25: 4,650 (rest day)
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,261 Member
    Steps:
    7/24 9,937
    7/25 8,501
  • JanieD82
    JanieD82 Posts: 7 Member
    Thanks for the welcome message!

About me - @pedal__power I too have been on and off MFP for years. I just can't ever seem to stick with it. I log on and get depressed about how long it's been since I log on that I just reset my account each and every time. I lose interest because I haven't found the support/motivation to use this app and/or lose weight.

My biggest struggle is definitely finding the motivation to change my lifestyle and lose weight. I work from home (LOVE IT) but find myself not getting out much. I have a husband (married almost 18 years) and 2 kids ages 17 and 9. They're loving and wonderful, but I don't get the support/motivation I need from my husband. So, I turn to discussion boards and apps to try to get motivation and accountability, but so far no luck. I'm really hoping this group will help me out!

I've got a conference in Vegas in September and want to ensure I can get through it with ease. Long walks put a huge strain on my back (I had back surgery in 2021) and I know the extra weight I have contributes to that as well. I'm hoping I can incorporate daily walking in my lifestyle; most days I barely get to 1,000 steps - so I have ways to go. I need all the help, support and accountability I can get!
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 905 Member
    https://www.facebook.com/reel/1667750560264291?fs=e&s=cl
    Saw this & thought of all the walkers on here 🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,322 Member
    Wow! Those guys can really step @izzyred9400. I'll need to get a pair of those slippers and practice my steps because it also looks like a fantastic core workout. Thanks for sharing the fun video!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited July 2022
    Motivational Monday Tuesday!

This is a day late but I'm sharing a quote that resonated with me. Feel free to share quotes or images that motivate you. I try to post something on "Motivational Monday" and I welcome fellow Shape Shifters to share your favorites whenever you feel --- motivated! or want to feel motivated! Because, as Buddha noted, “what you imagine, you create.”

uwwcf9z2c322.png
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited July 2022
    @PatriceFitnessPal

I keep thinking about your post and viewing calories as a checking account- shouldn’t spend what you don’t have and to be effective you need to know your balance. What a really great way to view things! Helpful and non-judgmental. I tend to be so hard on myself when I go off-plan. I’m sure others are the same. I’m going to use this metaphor going forward. Another reason why logging is so helpful! Thank you!

I'm so glad to hear the post from the MFP category “Goal: Maintaining Weight” is serving as such a helpful guide for you. Your examples are great! Thanks for sharing them and congratulations for reaching your milestone! 👏👏👏

Sometimes when I know I’ll be exercising a lot the following day, I’ll “go into debt” by charging a 100-200 calories (e.g., snack or small overage) to the diary page for the next day, so I can close the day within my target. I start the following day with less “in the bank” but it helps me because I like to make sure my balance works out for the week while allowing a little flexibility within the 7-day period. I don’t go too far into calorie deficit “debt” on a given day, and I make sure the overage doesn’t keep spilling into the following day, because that would be unmanageable, but the weekly balance helps me. It’s like using a credit card but making sure I have enough money available to pay off my monthly balance by the time the bill arrives.

Do any of you fellow Shape Shifters have a mental trick that helps you balance your nutrition and exercise ‘budget’?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,928 Member
    Hi SS... You have a new member joining your team ...Please welcome @gofishs :)
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 905 Member
    Hi all & welcome to all the new members of Shape Shifters @gofishs @pedal__power @JanieD82
    @Motiv8tedMom I hope you get the motivation & encouragement with our group.
    Nice to meet you & for sharing with us.
    I'm glad you liked the video @PatriceFitnessPal I thought it was funny & it's me at 11.55 pm 🤣🤣 I liked your motivation post too.
    As for mental tricks that work for me I try & have days when I only have snacks & maybe miss lunch & just have an evening meal.That way I can incorporate a few treats when I am under with my calorie count.This only works when I'm busy doing things,I'm terrible if I'm at home with not much to do.
    If I'm in the right mind set then I'm totally on it with exercise & food.Sadly I am easily distracted by wine,chocolate etc.
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 265 Member
    @jessicakrall8 So sorry I missed last weigh-in.
    I'm currently at 137 (up 3lbs) since last weigh-in, i believe 😣 - It does me no good to be stuck at home and off my routine.

Still working from home (until everyone's in the clear and negative for COVID). But we are all feeling better and can't wait to get back to our normal routines.

Steps Update * not really worth mentioning - I have NOT been walking:
    7/21 - 3,246
    7/22 - 4,268
    7/23 - 6,210
    7/24 - 5,311
    7/25 - 4273
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,261 Member
    Current Maintenance Weigh In:
This discussion has been closed.