WaistAways Team Chat - AUGUST 2022

Options
1232425262729»

Replies

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Checking in before bedtime. Got on the scale again this morning and up a bit more. I am not sure what I have to do. Clearly, it needs to be more radical. Can't go with the mindset that I maintained for a year doing this. Not now. It's only going to get busier too. I am so sad that I have not figured out how to make my Pilates mat time happen. It's been a very long time since I've done it. Pretty sure it's not going to happen first thing (which I prefer) so I NEED to make evening pilates a "thing" for me.

We are still warm here, but a bit cooler than the near 100 degrees. No one watered my tomatoes and flowers this past week while I worked, so I'm going to head out there in a bit. Lots of lovely green tomatoes that just can't turn red with this heat. It's cooler so they will start turning red. Lots of wonderful cherry and grape tomatoes though.

I'm meeting one of my friends/colleagues from North Carolina who is dropping her daughter off at college 15 minutes from me. We are having lunch.

Speaking of lunch, that is the one thing that is definitely different. Much more eating out after the pandemic years. I am not eating all of my food, but I guess enough to add weight.

I think Kelly or Kristi asked about boxes in the classroom. So far I haven't unloaded any boxes because I am not the lead teacher and the lead is a minimalist to my "collector/archivist" self. We'll see how long she can hold me off. LOL

I was reading through some older posts-- Skunks, Opened my windows last night to let in some of the cool breeze. It was lovely, then overpowering with skunk smell coming through the window. Windows shut.

@PlaneMonkey I love "Regret Doesn't Taste Good" ! I wrote it down and put it on my refrigerator. Thanks.

• EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Checking in before bedtime. Got on the scale again this morning and up a bit more.

@PlaneMonkey I love "Regret Doesn't Taste Good" ! I wrote it down and put it on my refrigerator. Thanks.

Here's another thing to post on your fridge or wherever..."even gourmet meals end up in the toilet".
    You can use whatever terms bring the point home! :smiley:

Happy September, y'all!

• veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    PW=88,70 Kg
    CW=88,10 kg

steps 28-03
    Sunday - 1,770
    Monday - 1,593
    Tuesday - 7.078
    Wednesday - 7,446
    Thursday - 11.850
    Friday - 6,123
    Saturday - 4,802

Tomorrow I am going to travel and will not have a scale for weigh myself, I am thinking on use this weight during two months, is it possible?

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,038 Member
    Options
    PW=88,70 Kg
    CW=88,10 kg

Tomorrow I am going to travel and will not have a scale for weigh myself, I am thinking on use this weight during two months, is it possible?

I am not sure what you are asking. Are you going to be away for 2 months? If so, you can go onto the support team until you come back. You can post messages any time, but you will not need to weigh in. Is that correct?
  • jugar
    Options
    @LoraineGB I totally feel your anxiety morphing into anger - we tend to avoid that transformation and sometimes it is the right response! If you think about it, anger gives us the power and energy to make something change (hopefully), but anxiety just spins around and turns us into a tangled ball of nerves. If the anger can lead you into some solutions and action, think it through and take the steps. Getting angry about stuff we cannot do anything about (like the refs in the game!) is not so useful, but once in a while, the anger is helpful. If it isn't, and you can't really do anything with it to help the situation (like with your FIL, sadly...) try to channel it into exercise or action of another kind. @Terytha and I got into quite a period of "angercize" a while back, and it felt good! In any case, I'm glad you vented with us.

@micki48 let's try to get our Pilates back on track. I have also been slacking in that area lately, and need to hit the daily schedule better. I have been doing lots of other stuff, as you have, but that 15-30 minutes a day is not a lot and it makes a huge difference. We can do it!

It was a kind of gruelling garden day today. I really dug out the blueberry patch, got stung a lot as I dug into a ground wasp nest, then went out to the vegetable garden to thoroughly cultivate, weed, clip, pick, hoe, and all the things. Lots of bending over. The plain old walking parts of the day felt easy!

Final August tallies first thing tomorrow morning - last call for last August weigh-ins!
    @ells_bellz
    @dillyg08
    @Shawtytel

Tally ho!
  • Shawtytel
    Shawtytel Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    PW: 177.0
    CW: 176.0
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    @LoraineGB I totally feel your anxiety morphing into anger - we tend to avoid that transformation and sometimes it is the right response! If you think about it, anger gives us the power and energy to make something change (hopefully), but anxiety just spins around and turns us into a tangled ball of nerves. If the anger can lead you into some solutions and action, think it through and take the steps. Getting angry about stuff we cannot do anything about (like the refs in the game!) is not so useful, but once in a while, the anger is helpful. If it isn't, and you can't really do anything with it to help the situation (like with your FIL, sadly...) try to channel it into exercise or action of another kind. @Terytha and I got into quite a period of "angercize" a while back, and it felt good! In any case, I'm glad you vented with us.

It was a kind of gruelling garden day today. I really dug out the blueberry patch, got stung a lot as I dug into a ground wasp nest, then went out to the vegetable garden to thoroughly cultivate, weed, clip, pick, hoe, and all the things. Lots of bending over. The plain old walking parts of the day felt easy!

Tally ho!

Such good advice as always, thank you. I love the idea of angercize!

It actually felt surprisingly good to let my anger take its course rather than suppressing it and you are so right about anxiety swirling, it almost polarises me at time.

And a tip if you get stung and have a reaction like I do - run the sting site under warm water or sit in a warm bath, apparent it neutralises the sting site and it definitely worked for me the last time.

• veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 411 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    PW=88,70 Kg
    CW=88,10 kg

I am not sure what you are asking. Are you going to be away for 2 months? If so, you can go onto the support team until you come back. You can post messages any time, but you will not need to weigh in. Is that correct?

Yes, it is correct. I will not weigh but can post my steps weekly.
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    PW 151.5
    CW 151
  • jugar
    Options
This discussion has been closed.