Shape Shifters Team Chat - AUGUST 2022

Replies

• angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,782 Member
    Good evening everyone. Well the school year has started, got my office sorta organized, still waiting on cabinets, but its functiinal at least. Ugh, 3 days in and im already reminded why im not sure I like that job anymore. All the admin is like the snoody, better than everyone else club and I just cant with them, ugh. If I had someway to get my kids to and from school a couple days a week, Id quit there and go full time at my other job, but Gotta do what you gotta do I guess. I also hate how much I sit at that job, I feel so lazy, ugh, I hate it. Hopefully I can get back into an early morning workout routine soon though. Trying to get back into a more regular sleep schedule though.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,322 Member
    @angmarie28 - I hope you can find another reliable family you trust to join a school carpool, or you can get back into your early morning exercise routine, so you can improve your work situation.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,322 Member
    Here’s my weekly maintenance weigh in report.

Name: PatriceFitnessPal
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    PW: 128.2
    CW: 127.7

SW: 168
    LTD: 40.3

My goal is to stay within my maintenance target of 120-130 pounds, but I’d like to move closer to 125. Wishing you all the best in achieving your nutrition and exercise goals
  • Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 379 Member
    Walela617 (All-Time HIGHEST weight was 217.0 lbs. on 2/29/2008)
    (Thursday) Weigh-In Day, effective 08/18/2022
    PW: 163.0 lbs (previous weight-08/18)
    CW: 162.4 lbs (current weight-08/25)
    LTD: -1.6 lbs (Loss to date for August Challenge)
    a3actmgmea7i.jpg

• Walela617
    @laceyf53, wishing you continued blessings of all the fondest memories of your beloved "meow"! She is so beautiful - those eyes! I'm hoping you feel and see little "signs" that tell you she is still near. My last cat was 18 when she passed. She was sedated and euthanized at home due to renal failure. I just found the original rescue adoption papers for my current cat, "Mimichou" and discovered that she is actually 17 (not 16 as I had thought)! I dread the day when it's time to say "Goodbye" (for now) but at least we can be comforted that they had a very nice life and were/are still deeply loved and treasured forever.
  • angmarie28
    @PatriceFitnessPal unfortunately, I do not live in the school district that I work at and my kids go to, on top of that, this school has the most ridiculous staggered start and end times. My daughter goes 8am-2pm everyday, and My boys go 9am-4pm everyday except Wednesdays on which they have late in day and go 10am to 4pm, so carpool isnt happening, haha. Its ok, luckily I rarely have to deal with anyone in admin, Im left to myself 90% of the time, and when I do have to deal with others (except students) Im either bringing meds to a class, helping with cares for special needs students, or doing something quick in the front office. If I had to deal with the upper people more, I would find a way out. They have caused so many people to leave its crazy.

• angmarie28
    8/18-11,924
    8/19-9,357
    8/20-8,864
    8/21-11,961
    8/22-6,585
    8/23-7,341
    8/24-5,526
  • angmarie28
    Been really having a hard time waking up in the morning to workout. Hoping to get to bed early enough to actually wake up early tomorrow. I try to get to bed early, but I stay up making sure my kids are going to sleep, ugh. then a few nights ago, one of my smoke alarms kept going off, then stopping, then going again, I finally took the battery out. The next night I woke up in the middle of the night to a squawking bird. I woke up thinking "why does that bird sound like it is inside"...then I realized my daughter has a bird, and the dang thing escaped and my dogs were trying to catch it, so I have to catch a bird while fighting off the dogs in the middle of the night :D so maybe thats why im so tired, haha.

Maybe I will try and workout tonight before bed since I have no plans tonight. I do have a cubii Jr under my desk, it isnt much but at least it keeps me moving some while Im on my computer.
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,542 Member
    @PatriceFitnessPal
    Thank you, it is a bit of a relief to not have to worry about another cat anymore. I hope you feel better soon.
    @Yukie_OP
    That is horrible, poor puppy!!! Bad dog owners are the worst. Sounds like he was lucky to escape with his life and hopefully he will recover soon. That must have been absolutely traumatising to witness though. *hug*
  • Pupowl
    Pupowl Posts: 1,542 Member
    Steps
    Aug 23: 14.972
    Aug 24: 16.371
    Aug 25: 17.567
    Good morning Shape Shifters. I sadly haven't been on more walks due to the heat. Yesterday was the worst with 34 degrees (93F). I have been trying hard to fix my sleep, with mixed success. I go to bed perfectly on time, but my sleep quality hasn't been great. Of course the heat hasn't been helping and a few times mosquitos were waking me up. It is better than it was though, and I think it will be fine now with lower temperatures and with it getting dark earlier. My mom is coming over on Sunday until Wednesday, so I have some cleaning to do the next few days. Not going to go crazy though, the weather has really knocked me on my butt again so I don't have a lot of energy. Hope everyone is doing well. Happy Friday <3
  • bassclef
    bassclef Posts: 29 Member
    Bassclef
    Friday
    PW 187
    CW 186
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 192 Member
    @angmarie28 you had me laughing about catching your daughter's bird in the middle of the night while fighting off your dogs. Did your kids sleep through that mayhem? No wonder you are tired, that sounds like a workout in itself!

@Yukie_OP I hope your pup did well through surgery and recovers well. That sounds very traumatic.

@Nataliewr0403 That sunrise is divine. I had a little moment of relaxation just looking at it. Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

@jessicakrall8 Sounds like your kitchen reno is almost done? That's very exciting! I bet you are looking forward to cooking up some meals in there!

@bearchested how is your rowing challenge going? Is that on the water or are you using a rowing machine?

@PatriceFitnessPal my kids would go absolutely gaga to know a professional or Olympic ice hockey player or coach!! They LOVE hockey! Playoffs have been fun so far. We tied our game this week (no shootouts in this round) and I had the tying goal! I usually rotate between playing defense or forward, depending on who shows up. It's nice to gain perspective from playing either position. That's awesome that you are thinking about joining roller hockey! Growing up, I lived in a slightly warmer climate and didn't play winter sports. Where I live now, it's winter from November to end of March so either you learn to love winter, hibernate or head south :) There are outdoor rinks in nearly every neighbourhood (run by volunteer community associations) and we build a small puddle rink our backyard. When I moved here in my 30's, I took a learn to play hockey course through the City recreation program and then joined a women's team. My team is made up of women in their 30's to 60's. We have a lot of fun together and I am inspired by all of them! I hope you don't consider age a barrier...you could be an inspiration to others!
  • pedal__power
    pedal__power Posts: 192 Member
    pedal__power
    PW: 197.2
    CW: 199.4

I'm disappointed in the number. I've been sleeping really poorly which resulted in less exercise and mindless snacking in the evenings. I managed to stay under MFP's calorie goal but ate my exercise calories. Some water retention as well. Next week, I'll aim to get to bed a bit early and hope for some better sleep so I have more energy for exercise and healthier eating habits. On the plus side, however, I noticed this week that my hockey equipment fit me better and I had an easier time breathing because my chest protector had some extra space! It's always good to be able to breath comfortably, right?! So I'll also take away that positive development for this week!

Have a good weekend all
  • Walela617
    weight.png

Hi everyone, I am experimenting with using mytickerfactory.com ticker because MFP ticker just doesn't seem to ever work right for me. Here we go!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,151 Member
    Daily Step goal: 10,000
    Tue 8/23: 10,893
    Wed 8/24: 30,910
    Thu 8/25: 5,743
  • bearchested
    bearchested Posts: 214 Member
    Bearchested
    Friday
    PW: 195.8
    CW: 195.6
    LTD: 11.4

I thought I was getting sick due to my fatigue and GI issues this week, then I remembered I had a larger immunotherapy dose on Monday, which could be causing it.

I've started working with a weightlifting coach as barbell training makes me the happiest, as long as I'm focused on getting quality sleep. I may ask to move to the maintenance group if I don't expect to see much improvement in weight loss, as I'm working on a recomp.
  • angmarie28
    edited August 2022
    Good afternoon everyone. Its after 2pm and I am finally sitting down for lunch. Partly because I have been really busy, and partly because I no longer have a microwave in my office and have to heat my food in the staff lounge, which is fine, but there is always so many people in there, and its small, I dont like to go in there when theres anyone in there, haha. My cupboards for my office came in finally, so I was able to finally unpack my office, All I have left is to hang my pictures.

No workout last night, I made dinner then realized that I left my phone at work, so I went and got it, then went home and cleaned. I was so tired but couldnt sleep, so I took an edible (Low thc, high cbd) and that helped me sleep, but sice it took forever to fall asleep, I struggled to wake up this morning, so that sucked. I am doing ok sticking to my calories though. Salmon with pasta and broccoli for lunch today. I dont care for fish but I eat it because its good for me, lol.
This discussion has been closed.