WeightNoMore Team Chat - AUGUST 2022

Replies

• melissacoleman430
    melissacoleman430 Posts: 69 Member
    Losing weight is such a slow process. My highest weight was 259, I’m at 236 right now. I’ve been losing weight about as much as this app has said I would. I want to be under 200 now. Patience, huh? I’d like to make my steps 9000 6 days a week. Want for that to be sustainable though bc I have no intentions of trying to re lose this weight. If I follow my calories and stop losing weight I guess just decrease my calories by 200 day each week until I start losing again, except for Sunday, a slight cheat day of 1900 calories
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,204 Member
    minstrelofsarcasm
    August Week Four

Previous Weight: 175.4 lbs
    Current Weight: 176.6 lbs
    Loss to Date: 57.4 lbs

This Week's Bloat has been sponsored by: Spending time with family, eating out for every meal, consuming too much salt, consuming too much sugar, alcohol, dehydration, and muscle soreness.

• gigglemachine
    gigglemachine Posts: 82 Member
    @melissacoleman430 keep going, you will get there! You have come so far 😊
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    pizzafruit wrote: »
    When I weigh in I tell myself at least it's not a gain. If I continue with this type of thinking, weight loss simply won't happen. I need to rethink and regroup before my logic turns into - well at least it's only a small gain. :|

You could always be plateauing because your body is recomposing itself! If you lose fat and gain muscle at the same rate, it isn't noticeable on the scale. Are you tracking your progress through any other metrics?
  • melissacoleman430
    @gigglemachine thank you I needed to hear that. At my highest weight I was with my hubby, daughter and her fiancé on a ride at Disney World, and the guy told me I have to get off the ride since I couldn’t buckle my seatbelt. I don’t think I’ve ever sucked my gut in so much, I begged him for another chance to try, and somehow I made it. Good gravy, don’t want to be there again, either. So I’ll keep chugging along even though it’s a slow process for someone my weight. Maybe next year at this time I’ll be trying on nice dresses for my daughters wedding. There’s not a single heavy person in his family and I’ve been to shy to meet them bc of my weight. Thank you😊
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,543 Member
    @pizzafruit OMG you're so right, I need to do the same thing: change my mindset! I'm not happy to see the scale stay the same/increase slightly, so why do I tell myself it's ok?!

My biggest issue seems to be portion sizes. They're just too big. I serve myself the same size as my hubby, forgetting always that he's a whole foot taller, in a normal weight range, and therefore able to eat as much as he wants. Sometimes I struggle to finish what's on my plate but I soldier through it - never did manage to cancel my membership to the Clean Plate Club!

I'm going to set myself a challenge to reduce a portion size/leave something on the plate at least once a day. And no eating from the package, that's just a recipe for disaster!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,060 Member
    Steps

Sun-5,159
    Mon-11,697
    Tues-9,238
    Wed-12,528
    Thurs-10,474
    Fri-10,721
    Sat-2,378
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    ~ Step Challenge Results ~
    AUGUST WEEK THREE

Team Statistics -
    Steppers: 7
    Total Steps: 445,132
    Average Steps Per Stepper: 63,590 (holding consistent to last week!)
    Total Steps this Month: 1,309,159

The Leaderboard -
    @SarahJoyManea - 118,246 total | 16,892 average - Most Steps in One Day!!!
    @MotylekOkruchy - 79,373 total | 11,339 average
    @Browan19 - 71,309 total | 10,187 average
    @ljdanny - 62,195 total | 8,885 average
    @melissacoleman430 - 58,878 total | 8,411 average
    @shnkrnrynn - 30,609 total | 4,373 average
    @pacsnc6 - 24,522 total | 3,503 average - Most Consistent!!!

We held consistent from last week to this week, which is incredible! The best way to make progress is to start from a place of consistency.
  • worldtrav89
    worldtrav89 Posts: 30 Member
    Weigh in 8.24.2022
    Weigh in day: Wednesday

Pw: 216.6
    Cw: 217.8
  • melissacoleman430
    edited August 2022
    Ouch, hurts between left upper quadrant and lower upper quadrant of my abdomen, havnt eaten much so that’s good overall, just hoping it’s not a descending intestinal infection. I’m a RN so I kinda know what’s happening. So annoying. Ugh. Dr appt tomorrow. And I’m finally getting in shape. Why now :(
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    My biggest issue seems to be portion sizes. They're just too big. I serve myself the same size as my hubby, forgetting always that he's a whole foot taller, in a normal weight range, and therefore able to eat as much as he wants. Sometimes I struggle to finish what's on my plate but I soldier through it - never did manage to cancel my membership to the Clean Plate Club!

I'm going to set myself a challenge to reduce a portion size/leave something on the plate at least once a day. And no eating from the package, that's just a recipe for disaster!

When I was more successful with my weight loss, I was still part of the clean plate club - I should really get back to my old tricks! Most of my strategy involved filling half the plate with vegetables, with the other half of the plate split almost evenly between a protein and some kind of carb. It was a good motivation to find better ways to cook vegetables, so I didn't hate half of my plate!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,060 Member
    Ljdanny
    Thursday
    Pw 194
    Cw 193.2
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 187.2 (Aug 18th)
    CW (Current Weight): 184.6 (Aug 25th)

LTD: 86.5lbs
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    I will weigh in tomorrow. I weigh myself today but don't remember the number sorry!
  • cleaneater80
    cleaneater80 Posts: 429 Member
    I'm late in posting for this week . Partly because I'm on vacation this week and the other part I'm not pleased with the numbers.
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 170.0
    CW (Current Weight): 172.2

I haven't been consistent with August. A lot has been going on and I haven't been focusing on my health and eating well. I think tracking my habits would be a good change to start in Sept
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,543 Member
    TwistedSassette
    Friday weigh in (AEST time zone)
    PW (Aug 19th): 291.0 lbs
    CW (Aug 26th): 290.8 lbs
  • MotylekOkruchy
    MotylekOkruchy Posts: 196 Member
    MotylekOkruchy
    Fridays

PW: 138
    CW: 140.4

There's been a lot smaller (and bigger) things that contributed to this gain.
    1. I'm still a bit bloated from last weekend's camping (very poor food choices) and to be frank I ate more the previous week than usual.
    2. Stress eating.
    3. Less moving - due to temperature outside but also because of my foot-leg issue.

I think 2 and 3 are worse especially combined, and they are. I mentioned a while ago that in July my left foot went numb. It's been like that ever since and even getting worse at times. I am in the process of trying to find out what's going on, but with this I am at the mercy of the healthcare system. So far I found out that I am vit B12 deficient. I realized that even though my mobility is not limited, walking with a numb foot and tingling in the whole leg brings discomfort big enough that subconsciously I move around less. The step count is a proof of that. That leg is weaker and gets sore significantly more easily than the other one.

In addition to that, earlier this week I found out that I have an infection at the side of the tooth implant. I got that implant 13 years ago and it is quite a mystery why the bone did not attach to the implant at one side. Instead, bacteria found it to be a perfect gathering spot and apparently having a great time there resulting in bone loss. (Surgery to fix that problem in September.) I am wondering whether on going infection in my body is the reason for lack of energy, being lethargic. Any kind of effort, even simplest yoga routine, has seemed so challenging and demanding recently. Or maybe I am looking for excuses. After all, summers are usually a gaining territory for me in terms of weight.

I want to get below 140 by the end of next week though, at the beginning of Labor Weekend. This marks the end of summer, school starts on Tuesday after Labor Day and I have that oral surgery the next day (Wednesday). I know that I will be bloated right after I come back home from that last camping trip but I do not want to give in totally, so if I can get to 139.9 by Friday, I'll take it.
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    Rachelrjh

Weigh in Friday

PW: 152
    CW: 152
This discussion has been closed.