Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2022

Replies

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited September 2022
    @FushiaKat – My late Aunt and Uncle used to live on a mountain in Arizona and they powered their entire home with rooftop solar panels. It was so cool! I’m excited for you to be able to do this!
    @Katmary71 – Yes…lovely perimenopause. It’s ridiculous. Glad you can relax in the recliner now. Happy Birthday!
    @Cornanda – Glad the bats are under control. And glad you’re not in an evac zone. My family is in the Fort Myers area and they decided not to evacuate. They are hanging out in their bathroom and playing board games :smiley:
    @trooworld – The movie list is for October, so no shame in your game! I have Healthi set to show the “bites” along with calories. I also set it to decimals for the bites. And yes, if you ever make it to Michigan in late September/early October, the changing of the leaves is just gorgeous!
    @TeresaW1020 – Oh no. I’m glad Joe has a diagnosis, but I am so sorry he will have to deal with ongoing treatments. Prayers for peace and for the other doctors to figure out the other problems. Hang in there.
    So here I sit at work…waiting in great anticipation… My daughter-in-love wanted to do a special gender reveal for me since this is my first grandchild. She’s having something (I have no idea what) pink or blue delivered to me at work today. She said it will be delivered by 3pm. So excited!!!!! I will pop back on here and let you all know what it is!
    I shall sip my lovely Wild Blueberry Black tea, do my work, and keep looking towards my office door every time someone walks by! #teamtea
    50x50 & NO ZERO DAYS!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,949 Member
    Hi MS... You have a new member who requested to be on your team ... Please welcome @DrewsAnna :)
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    @Katmary71. I love discovering new fruits. We have a cross between apple and pear called a “nashi pear”. Wonder if they are the same? A lot of people here have “standing desks” which they can raise and lower whenever you need a change. Might not be an option if you have leg issues as well, but DH swore by his when he was having back trouble. But of course, I agree the couch does seem a much more comfortable option - and that’s what laptops are for right?? 😁

@Cornamda. Great win on the bat patrol front 👏. Hope you are safe and enjoy the family visit.

@TeresaW1020 Gosh you are dealing with a lot. As you said the other day - his team is growing and hopefully with all their combined expertise there will be relief and information and support. Glad to hear you have a workout option today, hope you made it. One thing I had to use when things are messy is recognising even 5minute breaks as opportunities for “me”. Sometimes they are for squats and sometimes they are simply for breathing. But don’t get lost in having to commit to a full hour - it is all beneficial. No zero days 😁

@vegan4lyfe Loved the video - made me want to come to Michigan! Yay for team pink!!

Hi @DrewsAnna! Welcome aboard 👋👋

@19shmoo69. Congrats on the baby!!

@shaunarlr83. You’re doing great!

Sorry for missing ppl, have to run, but really happy this Board is so active 😁 - will try to catch up later. Hope everyone has a great day!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,539 Member
    @Cornanda Thank you Lisa! Be safe with the hurricane, I'm glad your daughter came home.

@trooworld My birthday's Friday, last day of the month. Yum your dinner sounds amazing! You have the coolest meals.

@TeresaW1020 Oh my gosh poor Joe, I haven't heard of that but I'm glad it can be managed with injections, I know going for them every two weeks is a lot though. I hope the GI issues have an easy not-too-serious solution, it IS a lot and your strength is amazing. Way to go on working out instead of eating!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Thank you! Yay, that's so exciting, congratulations! I love your DIL doing this for you, you two have such an amazing relationship, what a loving thoughtful gesture the flowers are.

19shmoo69 Congratulations on your grandson!

@DrewsAnna Welcome to Slimpossibles!

@Tamevv A nashi pear sounds just like it, it looks like an Asian pear but was slightly lighter, I bought an Asian pear too and they look almost exactly alike just a slight difference in color. Those standing desks are great for back problems, unfortunately with the damage in my legs standing is the hardest thing to do. The recliner was definitely easier today.

Hi team! Woke up exhausted and sore so I did a mellow workout with a lot of stretching then finished my calls and turned in the project and spent most of the rest of the day napping and reading in bed. I just got out of the tub and the Epsom salts and apple cider vinegar helped a lot. Tomorrow I really want to read a lot, need some solitary time after getting yelled at during calls. Have a great Thursday everyone!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,005 Member
    Quick pop in. Ian is nearby now. Quite windy. Still have power.

@TeresaW1020 - So sorry to hear about Joe. Prayers for him will continue. Will pray for your family in Orlando too- definitely not a good time for house damage. Try your best not to eat your feelings. It's not easy, but it doesn't help anything except very temporarily.

@19shmoo69 @vegan4lyfe2012 - Congratulations! So excited for you both!

Lisa
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 138.0
    CW:140.0
    I’m not surprised here since yesterday was my 26th anniversary , and most likely (hopefully) some of this is just ballast 😁.
    Hugs to the ones with pain and struggle, congrats to the ones shining from good news.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,868 Member
    @TeresaW1020 Yes, hubby is amazing! <3 Thank you! I'm so very sorry about Joe's diagnosis. Hugs to you both.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I do too, I actually have Healthi set to show the macros so I get to see most of the macros. I like that I don't have to double-track to be able to see both bites and cals. Awwwww, a girl! Congratulations and what a great name!

@19shmoo69 Yay!!! Congrats, Darren! Now you have to stop making dad jokes and make grandpa jokes lol!

@DrewsAnna Welcome to the team! I'm so glad you are here. <3

@Katmary71 Oh okay, nice, lead us into October lol! Dinner was good. Thanks! I'm sorry you woke up in pain. I'm glad the bath helped. I'm also sorry you got yelled at on your call, that's terrible!

@Cornanda Hugs. Stay safe.

@GabiV125 Happy Anniversary!!!

Hi all. I'm doing okay. I got into the vending machines at work yesterday which wasn't so good. I'm working from home today which I am glad about. This week has been too busy for my liking.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • trooworld
    bbakmkipy9ox.jpg
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Congrats on the grand baby Darren!
    Prayers to those of you going through difficult times.
    Have a happy Thursday guys.
    I feel like I was coming here to post some sort of NSV. But I completely forgot what it was. 😝 Well, I did bounce right back down from 139 to 137 in one day, so there’s that…
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member

@megnolia82 - I hope you find the perfect balance!!

@FushiaKat - I’m so sorry you haven’t felt good! If we do anything with our land in Arizona it will have to be all solar. I’m not looking forward to researching it all.

@TeresaW1020 - I do love Joel!!! I have not looked at any of his new programs, I had a weight bench but would need a new one if it calls for that! My heart goes out to you for what y’all are going through.

@vegan4lyfe2012 - I looked into a Michigan trip and the tickets were surprisingly high, maybe bc it’s the furthest away. 🤷🏻‍♀️ It might have covered a one way trip 😂 I have seen either Michigan or Minnesota in the fall, I know these are not even close 😂😂😂 it was during a pretty bad time in my life and I’m always trying to remember which it was but I’m pretty sure it was Michigan. I do remember it was the most beautiful fall foliage I have seen so far! So sweet of your dil and congrats on the grand girl coming soon! Is your family okay!???? 😰😰😰

@Cornanda - I hope y’all are all still okay!

@19shmoo69 - congrats gpa!! Glad all is well!

@DrewsAnna - you made it!!! I’m so excited!

@Katmary71 - I’m so glad you got that done and was able to rest and relax afterwards.

@Tamevv - Thank you!!

@GabiV125 - Happy Anniversary!!

@Trooworld - I hope things slow down.

We made it to Colorado! Already unloaded and will reload tomorrow going to Texas. My heart hurts for Florida, so have several fitness friends down there, anxiously waiting to hear if everyone is okay.

I have kept up with my workouts and logging workouts far this trip, I know it has only been two days but we were off to a rocky start.

I believe I’ve settled on New Orleans for my trip, I can actually fly there right out of OKC airport and won’t have to drive to Dallas. I’ve never been and there is tons of hiking close to the airport plus a few other things I’ve wanted to see for a long time.
  • shaunarlr83
    Hi MS... You have a new member who requested to be on your team ... Please welcome @DrewsAnna :)

This is my friend!! I know y’all will help encourage and motivate her just like y’all did for me!! 😍

• trooworld
    @shaunarlr83 Thank you! I'm glad you made it safely to Colorado. I know, Florida, I am thinking good thoughts for you. That's great that you've been able to keep up with your logging and workouts. New Orleans is a great choice for a trip! How cool that your friend joined the challenge! Yes, we will!

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • trooworld
    blr6b6birheq.png
    Okay, team! It's that time...do you need some motivation to stick to your goals? Maybe you are having trouble and you need to focus on just one goal. Or maybe you are rocking it and can do 3! Whatever you choose, let's hit this Trick or Treat Halloween Challenge and kill it!

The challenge runs from Oct 1 - Oct 31. Report back in here as often as you like on how you are doing. When I sign off on a post, I put my results in my signature.

Declare your challenge items!

I'll go first...I am going to commit to killing these goals:
    1) track 90% of what goes in my piehole every day
    2) drink 50 oz of water each day

Join in on the fun!

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @vegan4lyfe2012 What an awesome way to announce that you are going to be a girl Nana!! That is so exciting! <3

@19shmoo69 Congratulations grandpa on your new grandson! :)

@Tamevv I love the idea of 5-minute breaks and am going to remember that for days when I feel like there is no time for me. :)

@Katmary71 Thank you! <3 I hope you have got some time to just relax and enjoy your reading. <3

@Cornanda Thank you! <3 I had a full-on evasion of bats last night but it’s OK. They are all gone this morning. ;)

@GabiV125 Happy Anniversary! You had a very good reason and now can get back on track. :)

@trooworld I love that progress graphic! It’s a good reminder for us all. :)

@shaunarlr83 New Orleans sounds like a great trip! I have always wanted to go there. Just be careful because I was on the news the other night and they were talking about how much the crime rate has risen. :/

@Welcome DrewsAnna! I know you will find so much encouragement and support from this wonderful team! :)

Good morning! Well, last night my sister and I sat up late drinking beer and eating lots of snacks while we watched the hurricane in Florida and talked several times to my sister’s daughter. This was the first hurricane that my sister wasn’t there to take care of all the details. They made it through but have no power and some minor damage like part of their fence blown down. The coverage on the news is devasting and I’m so praying for all those effects. Our wind here in Georgia is very blustery today and I’m sure by tomorrow we will be getting more rain and wind. :/ Another update on my Joe is he had the MRI on his pituitary gland yesterday at the neurologist and they found a cyst or lesion and now want to do blood work to check his hormones. It’s always something! Have a good day.
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    I remembered what I was going to post about! I get several MFP friend requests a month (sometimes in a week) from guys I don’t know. If I accept, they always message me some short hello/how are you doing, and when I reply, they always by the 2nd or third message tell me I’m fit and beautiful or just beautiful. And then I ghost them and never respond back. Because I’m happily married and I just don’t know how or cannot accept being told I’m beautiful by some guy I don’t know. I just automatically assume they have an ulterior motive and I have zero interest in having another word with them. Is this a reasonable reaction? Should I not even accept their friend requests in the first place? /semi-rant
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    PW: 152.8
    CW: 154.4

Hi Y'all, I'm Anna

Username: DrewsAnna

This is my second post so I hope I'm doing it right this time. 😂😂

I'm married and have 4 adult children and 11 grand beauties.

I had some health issues and gained 15 lbs. have been having a really hard time getting back on track. I'm looking forward to this challenge.
  • shaunarlr83
    DrewsAnna wrote: »
    PW: 152.8
    CW: 154.4

Hi Y'all, I'm Anna

Username: DrewsAnna

This is my second post so I hope I'm doing it right this time. 😂😂

I'm married and have 4 adult children and 11 grand beauties.

I had some health issues and gained 15 lbs. have been having a really hard time getting back on track. I'm looking forward to this challenge.

You totally did it right!! 😂😂😂 I had to make a cheat sheet to figure out who all I was talking to and also had to ask a friend how to quote respond. It took a few days of getting used to it but I really enjoy my checkin in and response time here! It helps me puts things into perspective! We will be switching to a new thread pretty soon so just watch for the update!! So glad your here!
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    edited September 2022
    Weekly weigh in:
    PW: 76.0
    CW: 75.3
    Total loss for Sept : 3.1kg.

Weekly goals:
    Exercise 30mins every day ✅
    Burn 500cals every day ✅
    Step once a week- No but heaps of additional workouts in other ways.
    5 days under calorie goal - I didn’t consistently track so I have to say no to this one 😔
    Record a loss every week ✅

Stoked with this result 😁. Didn’t track as strictly abut kept tabs on myself and blitzed the exercise which obviously helped. 75kg is my first real goal - and im not going to consider it achieved until I break through the point 0 part, but gosh it feels great to be this close. 6 months ago I didn’t actually believe it was really possible - just a pipe dream setting me up for failure. Im kind of bummed that it coincides with my trip away but this month has been awesome for setting me up to believe in myself so no matter what happens in the next fortnight I know when I get back the strategies work and I just need to DO IT.
This discussion has been closed.