• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    💞
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    The reason why I posted that meme for the feel good challenge (breaking the rules here! >:) ) is because that is so me! Hate it if people sit on my side of the sofa. :o And they have to take their shoes off. (I have hotel slippers for them) When I read it I had such a rush of relief that I am not the only one! :p The added comments were funny too, like "when exactly are you leaving?" :p Soooooo me! I also specify the exact hour of breakfast. :o I giggled for ages.
    Strangely, people seem to enjoy themselves and think I am a great hostess.
    My DSIL is happy to take a LFT before they arrive. This evening I feel really tired , despite a nap. Hope I'm not going down with something.

Nothing on TV tonight, so I will be upstairs with my tablet and Kindle.

For anyone finding small things getting in the way of marital harmony, I highly recommend the Gottmman books. Tiny things make a huge difference. They have a new one coming out in a couple of days.
    Turning towards 'bids' for connection is really important and lots of positive reinforcement. Touch and compliments. Small, things, but I neglected it in my first marriage.
    I remember once, being on a course, and the challenge was not to criticise your partner for the week. I well remember my then husband turning to me and saying, 'You know, I'm feeling so much better.' :* Whoops!

Heather , always learning in the UK..xxxxxxxx
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Photo challenge
    9m0eb7f88a6s.jpg
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    TO THE women WHO IS SLOWLY FADING AWAY...

To the women who has lost their spark.
    To the people whose get up and go, has well and truly gone.
    This is for you.

This is to remind you, that you don’t have to be everything to everyone, every day.
    You didn’t sign up for that.

Remember when you used to laugh? Sing?
    Throw caution to the wind?
    Remember when you used to forgive yourself more quickly for not always being perfect.
    You can get that back again.
    You really can.

And that doesn’t have to mean letting people down or walking away.
    It just means being kinder to you, feeling brave enough to say no sometimes.
    Being brave enough to stop sometimes.
    And rest.

It starts the moment you realise that you’re not quite who you used to be.

Some of that is good, some of that is not.
    There are parts of you that need to be brought back.
    And if anyone in your life is not okay with that… they are not your people. Your people will be glad to see that spark starting to light up again.

So, if you have been slowly fading away my friend, this is the time to start saying yes to things that bring you joy and no to things that don’t.

It’s really pretty simple

Found this on Facebook.. thought it was spot on.. cool and rainy here..
    Tom and Elena just got home I guess,
    I give Miles another week or so and that boy will be running all over the house.. he is walking holding one hand.. and pretty soon all bets will be off.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,035 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I bought pork neck bones figuring they would make decent soup. Threw them in some water with carrot and onion and a pinch of salt. My parents don't like garlic or spices, such a shame. I guess I will let it simmer for an hour or two and then add some canned white beans and call it soup. I probably should have browned the meat and onion first, maybe next time. I have forgotten my old recipes cooking bland stuff for my parents. Oh well they seem to like it.

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    Xx
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Yes today was a real blessing ,he slept from around 7:30 to 10 and then got up and had some fresh fruit and water,and his milk and puffs and daddy took a 1/2 day so he got home a few minutes before mom..4otuplz1mu4e.jpg
    His new thing is to climb under the dining table lol.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,940 Member
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Allie ~ I think you are blessed that Miles is still into taking naps. When I kept my two grands, getting them to take naps was almost impossible. The GD would keep going like the mad until she finally fell over flat on the floor and just gave out.

I like the quote you found on Facebook. I need to forgive myself for continuing to feel bad about not having the energy I once had.

Carol in GA

with all of my daycare kids- nap time was a must!! For them and for me. having them up to 12 hrs a day I needed that break. They didn't have to sleep but they did have to lay down quietly(and almost all of them slept every day, even when they said they weren't tired. I would put a Disney movie on, have them on their blankets with the lights off- slept for a couple hours. They knew the routine from the day they started. After lunch they had to go lay down. They would get up at 3 for snack then play until their parents came in. When I had the triplets, they were here 11 hours a day, 5 days a week, starting at 3 months old. When they stopped coming at almost 6 yrs old, they still had to lay down and rest during nap time.

Debbie
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,940 Member
    Options
    Talked to the wellness coach- Very nice but no real idea how to help me. She wants me to go talk to a registered dietician to see if there is something I need to change. She said the amount of exercise I am getting and the amount is ok, maybe a little low but that will be up to the dietician to determine.
    She did say bad sleep can effect weight loss so gave me a few things to try. I was surprised to hear that I should cut out caffeine 12 hrs before I want to go to sleep- I had been stopping at 2-3pm and going to bed 10-11. Also told me to change my phone to "night shift" mode(mine has night light, think it is the same thing) in the evenings.
    Have to have my regular doctor send in a referral for the dietician
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,815 Member
    Options
    Cool and rainy here today. So nice to go outside and smell clean, fresh air not stale, smokey stuff that made me cough. Dog is not happy however since she had to wear her raincoat.

I got my sitting room closet rearranged today and sorted through some of my yarn. Now I have space to put the Christmas wrap and some other things in there to free up storage in the library. I ended up with quite a bit of my mother's stuff when she died and have been slowly getting rid of most of it. I still have some things that need to be sent to my brother and sister. I would like for those to go before we have company for Thanksgiving.

Katla - I am sorry you are having such a hard time just now. Hope things improve soon.

Rebecca - wish they would speed things up for you. You sound miserable.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Pip- oh no why is that? I thought you guys loved camping..
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Talked to the wellness coach- Very nice but no real idea how to help me. She wants me to go talk to a registered dietician to see if there is something I need to change. She said the amount of exercise I am getting and the amount is ok, maybe a little low but that will be up to the dietician to determine.
    She did say bad sleep can effect weight loss so gave me a few things to try. I was surprised to hear that I should cut out caffeine 12 hrs before I want to go to sleep- I had been stopping at 2-3pm and going to bed 10-11. Also told me to change my phone to "night shift" mode(mine has night light, think it is the same thing) in the evenings.
    Have to have my regular doctor send in a referral for the dietician

Do you weigh and log your food?

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) We're home from our weekly Sunday morning grocery pickup. On the ay we stopped to drop off our ballots. I love that we can vote by mail.

Our local council elections here are entirely by post or drop off at the council offices. We posted ours last week. :) I like that we can do that too.

M in Oz