• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,814 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,831 Member
    edited October 2022
    Machka9 wrote: »
    kevrit wrote: »
    I am also participating in a 10 day life is good challenge which I think we need here. Each day for 10 days post a picture that makes you feel good without any explanation.

Oct 20:
    wjqacojkrhlo.png

Oct 21:
    j9u9ndi3uufk.png

Oct 22:
    3hwonyufwi0k.png

Oct 23:
    u568vbo0pqw2.png

Oct 24:
    br43ned2bf5z.png

M in Oz

Oct 25:
    6lxzljoo4hvq.jpg

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,831 Member
    So it turns out we are staying home for our entire holiday. We have had an incredible amount of rain in the northern part of the state with even more rain coming this week. There has been all sorts of flooding, roads are still closed and more will likely be closed when the rain starts tomorrow. The police are recommending no non-essential travel at all throughout the state.

But that's OK!

Machka in Oz

One of the reasons that it is OK we're staying home is that I have more time to work on my dry stream (if it doesn't get too wet in all the rain) AND I've started working on my home office.

My home office is the smallest bedroom in our house and when I say small, I do mean small. It's also the most cluttered room in the house. It's become the place we put stuff when we don't know what else to do with it. I would like to turn it into something more useful. It's very small, but still ...

Underneath all the clutter are stack and drawers of paper: documents neatly filed in a filing cabinet (buried by stuff), binders full of university notes, boxes full of other mail and whatnot that has made it way in. Ideally, I'd like to toss what I don't need anymore, scan what I do need a copy of (and toss the paper) and file what I need to keep for a decade or whatever.

My home office has also spilled out to the dining room area where my chair and laptop is (and several file boxes of paper) so it will have to be included in this organisational attempt.

I walked into the room and wondered where on earth to start.

So I reached out and touched the first thing ... and the next thing ... and the next thing ...

It's been like a game of pick-up sticks. Pick up something without knocking the whole pile over.

But it has begun.

Machka in Oz
    Machka - My mom died about 20 years ago. She had a lot of belongings, but there was only one truly disorganized area in the house, a small office/breezeway between the house and the added-on garage. Every time I walked into the room, I turned right around and went to find something else to work on. Then my older brother came to pick up some items, and he offered to help with the cluttered room - his method was simple: we started in one corner, he worked counter-clockwise, I worked clockwise, and when we met we were done. It was a particularly good method for clearing out our disorganized, cluttered space. We stayed out of each other's way, consulted when needed, and were both motivated to keep going by the other person's industriousness. If I were doing an office clean out where the goal was to organize rather than clear out the space, I might use another method, but in either case, getting a clear corner or wall space is a psychological boost.

Katla, I, too, am glad your health is being looked after. And I am glad your husband is stable after his procedure. (((Hugs))) to you both.

Karen in Virginia

I've wanted a second person to help me with this for some time, but a second person has not materialised so I'm on my own. :neutral:

However, my first step was to go through the biggest pile of .... basically ... whatever. Some of it belongs downstairs or elsewhere, some of it needs shredding for mulch, some of it was my cycling stuff. I hadn't realised so much of my cycling stuff was in there. :smiley:

Now I'm onto the sort things into meaningful piles stage. All my cycling stuff is in one pile. University notes are going into another pile which I'll flip through at some stage (soon) and will shred most of it. Brain injury stuff is going into another pile.

Travel stuff ... I'm torn on this one. I'm a collector of brochures and information pages from places we've been. I probably don't need to keep all that because things change and most of it is available online now. Plus if something is a particularly important memory I can scan or photograph it. But maps ... I have a massive quantity of maps. I love maps. I pour over maps. My initial inclination is to keep all the maps ... but I do have a massive quantity of them and they take up space.

Anyway ... I'm pleased with my progress so far. :)

Machka in Oz
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,558 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    ❤️ My husband is in the hospital and I am worried. I hope to see him tomorrow. I pray that he will be ok. Our daughter wants to talk to the nurse. I want to spend time with my husband.

I know this is so difficult for both of you. I pray that he will recover and be able to join you soon.

Flea
    Willamette Valley, OR
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    Zzz

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,520 Member
    Xx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    <3
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 615 Member
    <3
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,302 Member
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,194 Member
    Went for my run this morning. I knew there was a risk of a downpour, but I avoided the rain until after I stopped at the butcher's to buy my brother's favourite food for tomorrow. Pork pie and Scotch egg. Then I got drenched on the last sprint home! :p
    Did a good morning's work, putting a few poems in context that I wrote around 1974, when we lived in Camden Town, London.
    When I came downstairs to make lunch I managed to have a row with DH. Nothing serious, but annoying, nevertheless.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,684 Member
    Morning ladies
    Over with little boy ,who is napping..
    Pip- sorry about Bette,but if anyone will be more loved than your mom's dogs with you guys ,Yogi will have buddies again.. thats wonderful!!
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Good morning ladies!

Last night I pulled some broth from my pork neck bone soup and added white beans and chopped ham. That was pretty good.

Now the meat is coming off the neck bones so the broth is richer, but I have to get the bones out. I keep deciding to simmer it awhile longer instead of facing the bone task. When I get hungry, it will be done.

Annie in Delaware
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,936 Member
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    Talked to the wellness coach- Very nice but no real idea how to help me. She wants me to go talk to a registered dietician to see if there is something I need to change. She said the amount of exercise I am getting and the amount is ok, maybe a little low but that will be up to the dietician to determine.
    She did say bad sleep can effect weight loss so gave me a few things to try. I was surprised to hear that I should cut out caffeine 12 hrs before I want to go to sleep- I had been stopping at 2-3pm and going to bed 10-11. Also told me to change my phone to "night shift" mode(mine has night light, think it is the same thing) in the evenings.
    Have to have my regular doctor send in a referral for the dietician

Do you weigh and log your food?

not every single time but I would say at least 80% of the time. That is part of the reason I stick to 1000 calories when MFP says I should have 1200. Even on my days where I have a lot of exercise, I don't use them.
    Log everything except like my cough drops or life savers and I don't have a lot of them-each is 10-15 cal.