WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2022

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    My Cpap is Resmed ,when i got it last September,they were not even doing the phillips... i use the nasal pillows and they work very well for me.
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    This a picture of my mom. Not sure how it posted as I was trying to post s sunset in Hawaii.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,331 Member
    About the only thing My childhood was without a mother. This was in the day before day care. So every day after school I’d go to a friend’s house. But you know something? It made me stronger. Like when Vince and I got married, I could move further away from my father. When she got married, her mother had to come to the apartment to clean it. It was me who was responsible for remembering things like make sure I have enough shampoo, remember to take items with me when I went somewhere, etc. When Vince and I moved, she said to me “why did you move so far away” (it really wasn’t, it was in the same state even). A few years later, guess where she moved to? A few blocks away from me!!!

went to ceramics tonight. I’m working on Mickey and Minnie mouse molds. I brought Minnie home with me because I have the red paint for her dress and the black paint for her limbs. Hopefully, I can at least get 2 coats of paint on this weekend (I need to put 3 coats on)

Michele NC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,811 Member
    msw7tve9oyqm.png
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    Rain, rain, rain

uvaggubmsofp.png
    https://www.windy.com/-Rain-thunder-rain?rain,-41.207,148.236,6,i:pressure

Tasmania Police advise all motorists to reconsider all non essential travel. If you’re in an area that is affected by intense rains and flooding – please restrict all non-essential travel.

So we're staying home. :):heart: :)

My husband is shredding the stuff I found in the office which we don't need and which can be shredded. We use that for mulch.

When he's done, I'll get back in there and get to work again.

The room already looks better. :)

Machka in Oz

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    :)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,811 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    What do you do with pretty cards and calendars?

I'm looking for creative ideas, not "throw them out".

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,189 Member
    edited October 2022
    Machka - Throw them out. :D
    If you really can't bear to do that, try your nearest junior school, or nursery. Old people's home? Day care for dementia. Advertise them on Freecycle?

I've decided to take the next two days off writing. It breaks my heart, but I think I will get too agitated if I try to fit it in. This morning I will get my visitors' room and bathroom spruced up. I have to move my toiletry stuff downstairs, as that's my bathroom. Wash my hair first.
    Then I will go out locally to get last bits of salad, bread, cheese for tonight. Cold collation, with pork pie and Scotch eggs. They are not great breakfast eaters and we are out for a big lunch tomorrow. I told DH I will pick up milk and berries, bananas, at the same time. That's usually his Thursday job.
    I think DH and I will have our normal breakfast, muesli and berries etc, at our normal time and they can surface when they like. I will sit with them, or fit 20 mins rowing in first, and DH will do his exercises. If it's not raining we can walk 45 mins to the restaurant. Ditto back. Or get the bus.
    I have no idea what to have for tomorrow night when they've gone, but it's usually scrambled eggs after a big lunch.

OK, so you can see my brain is scrambled! :p Best to stop feeling guilty about not writing.

Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,032 Member
    edited October 2022
    Sending DH shopping on his own this morning as I am attending a funeral for a friend who passed away last week.
    Heather: Hope all works out and the visit goes well.

Good decision! Why feel guilty that you have chosen to leave the writing for a day or two? I never waste energy feeling guilty about my choices.

Machka: I repurpose them in making my own cards.

🥳🎉 Cheers to all those celebrating.

Virtual (((hugs))) and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    What do you do with pretty cards and calendars?

I'm looking for creative ideas, not "throw them out".

Machka in Oz

Machka, I have made tiny gift boxes, bookmarks, origami items, and envelopes. I give them to other people for the most part.

Karen in Virginia
  • KetoneKaren
    Allie, The situation with taking care of Miles reminds me of when you were taking care of Faith (is that the right name? or was it Faye?). Anyway, alternative care was found for her when you were unable to take care of her, even though you believed her daughter had no other resources. You are an amazing, loving, generous soul, but you are being taken advantage of...again. <3<3<3

Karen in Virginia
  • KetoneKaren
    Machka, I had to do a double take when I read that it has been 4.5 years since your husband's accident. My perception of passage of time is distorted. I had no idea it had been that long! My heart goes out to you.

Katla, It's great that your husband is being discharged from the hospital. Is he going to the nursing home for rehab, and then coming back home? My heart goes out to you, too.

Karen in Virginia