WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2022

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Oh Kim- im so sorry ..hope you feel better soon and don't have to rough of a go of it..
    Alfie and I just back from Tom and Elena's he has missed them.. and Homer.. so we visited for about 1/2 hr and its back getting Homer out after babysitting as there fully back to work tomorrow, Tom went back this past Tuesday.
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Kim: Just saw your news about covid. Healing energy heading your way.....
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,903 Member
    <3Kim
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited October 2022
    Kim — <3 Sending good wishes
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,189 Member
    Best wishes for a light one, Kim. <3<3<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,319 Member
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Lisa - I got exposed on Tuesday and by Thursday night knew the friend whom I had seen on Tuesday tested positive. Friday I felt crappy, so tested. I have chills and a temperature, and bad cold symptoms... I have a call into the doctor (I'm with Kaiser) to see about getting paxlovid. A few hoops to jump through but really just a formality.

smiles kim

Kim - big hugs! Hopefully you will sail right through it.

What I think helped me: Sitting in the sun for 20 minutes each day for the first few days. (we don't have any here.)

For cough - I let a big teaspoon of honey dissolve slowly in my mouth when I went to bed. (Sorry, dentist!). It stopped the tickle so I could sleep and by the next morning, no more cough. Might have been luck but I think it was honey.

Rest, drink lots of water, Vit C and Zinc and Elderberry if you have any (that's what my doc told me to do.)

Hopefully you can get Paxlovid and/or more good tips from your doc tomorrow. Hang in there! <3

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,353 Member
    Kim, I hope it's quick and light symptoms!
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,435 Member
    Rebecca - Love seeing you post your food raves. Your tastes in food run along the same lines as my husband, while mine run to crackers and cheese as my kind of heaven... I do have an occasional ga-ga moment and buy something that sounds like comfort food for me while I'm at the store. That was how I ended up making Hamburger Helper for my lunch yesterday while Corey was going to Sam's Club in town. I had to pick all the pasta out and throw it away while I ate the hamburger! I can't eat pasta that is too al dente, it gets stuck, and this went straight from al dente to flabby in one minute! One of the many reasons I don't cook, and one more thing I won't be buying again... :smiley:

Katla - Each morning, first thing here on MFP, I look for your posts. Thank you for keeping us abreast of your husband's progress. We are with you in spirit always, dear. You are not alone.

Allie -
    That pumpkin picture of Miles is wonderful! Makes me think of fairy tales and such. I am SO glad you got the picture thing sorted.

Heather - I love the way you're able to sit down with Johnny and work through some past traumas to get to a better place... But if Corey walked in while I was packing and said "Are you really going to take that? Don't you want something spiffier?" I would be throwing rolled-up socks his way and issuing horrible threats of mayhem. Bless your heart and his--y'all are so perfect together.

Beth - Thinking of you too, dear heart.

Barbara AHMOD - Love that picture! Who are those people?
    Lisa: Your fortitude and positive spirit is a joy to me. ...

Clocks have changed. It’s good to get the early morning light again for a few more weeks. The incessant rain of the last few days has abated and the sky is glowing with light.

Autumn glows with fiery shades
    along the paths in woodland glades,
    thickly layered with golden hues
    as Summer pays her annual dues,
    for Mother Nature to mulch and feed,
    so Spring can nurture next year’s seed.

(C) 2022 - Terri Richardson

☘️ Terri

What a lovely thing to say, Terri, thank you! That said, there are mornings when I chime in here that I leave my draft post sit for a while and then go back and delete half of it. It's enough of a catharsis to write it out; I don't have to post it to gain the benefit. In other words, y'all don't necessarily get the whiny bits, just the positive spirit and fortitude. :smiley: Not always, but more often than I care to admit.

I kind of love the fact that our friends in Ireland and England are an hour closer to us in time for the next week. Our time adjusts next week, but for this little space in time, we draw closer metaphorically, if not physically.

Last but not least - I think that's one of your best poems yet. It's an indrawn breath beginning in beauty that ends on a sigh of serenity. I love it.
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Big pity party whine in spoiler. Feel free to skip.

It really is OK, Katie. Sometimes being able to say what you need to say is really important. When I saw the doc on Thursday, I showed her some dark brown, finger-tip-width scaly bumps that have appeared in various places on my torso and legs. I kept forgetting to ask a doctor over the last couple years because of all the other stuff going on with me.I told her I was struggling to figure out what was due to the autoimmune stuff, what might be caused by the medications, and which things are just because I'm 62. I've never been 62 before, how would I know if something is normal?

Bless her, she ran the tip of her finger across one of them and said, "Hmm, well, you can take these off the worry list, they're just barnacles." I nearly fell off my chair laughing, which gave her the giggles too. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's OK to worry. We all do. On the pain days, I've found that it magnifies everything else into disaster and mayhem and darkness. Once the pain is under control, everything else seems much less scary and depressing.

Off to the next thing, my chickens. I hope everyone's Sunday is, was, or will be serene and lovely.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

When I make hamburger helper I season the hamburger well as I cook it, then I add more water than it says. I use my cast iron pan, and have to balance two wooden spoons on each side to keep a lid from a past Teflon pan to stay on. I sometimes add a bit more beef stock paste. I only make the beef pasta, and the 3 cheese lasagna one. I have found the only way I can eat the beef one, is if I add sour cream to it, and maybe some corn. It does get limpy noodled quick. Lee likes it kinda soupy, so he can put the plate to his mouth and slurp it like a caveman!
    Rebecca
    Wa
  • Katla49
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
    :( I tested positive for covid.....

So sorry… take care of yourself
  • pipcd34
    Stat for the day-

Housecleaning etc- 3hrs 57min 58sec, vacuum, dusting extra good due to tile installation, make/fill hummingbird food, clean/refill front fountain, sweep front entryway and front walkway, water plants, trim hedges both front and back, laundry fold clothes, = 1110c
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Kim, so sorry, hoping you can get the antiviral and feel better soon. :/

Katla, (((hugs))) for you. <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,319 Member
    4:30 pm and the first dose of antiviral! hoping this helps. the Doctor had a delivery service deliver it to my door. How cool is that.

Katla - thinking of you and DH

Lanette - sun and vit c I have and am doing... I have elderberry wine, but I'm thinking that's not probably the best choice LOL. I'm a bit weird but really don't like honey so there is none in the house...I usually have some as there are a couple of recipes I like that call for it. I realized how much food is in my home and how little of it is "quick" or pre-made. It is not how I cook so I don't have it... dug around for soup and the only thing is a can of cream of celery... gross. Again an ingredient. Lunch was a challenge everything would take time and thinking - and dinner will be the same.

Kim in N. California

Kim - that's great you have the anti-viral and can get right on top of it. :D By sheer luck, I happened to have some soup in the freezer when I was too tired to cook, minestrone as I recall. Is there anyone who can bring you a few cans of good ole Campbell's Chicken Noodle and a some things to tide you over until you get some energy back?

If I lived close I'd love to hit the grocery for you! Here's hoping you feel lots better in the morning. ;)

By the way, glad you are able to get some sun. Vitamin D and all that good stuff the sun brings us. <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

• Katla49
    edited October 2022
    DD & I are going to see DH and his doctor tomorrow. She will call me when we know what time to be there.
  • pipcd34
    Well on 11/6 is the 1/2 marathon run. I really have not trained for it at all. Kirby hasn’t been able to walk long distances much less run because of his plantar fasciitis that he’s been dealing with. He says he will just be doing the 5k and who know if he will be able to run that. He told me I can do the 1/2 if I wanted to,I told him I would do the same distance so I can stay with him. He was planning on picking up the new trailer on Saturday but forgot about the run. So he will be going on Wednesday at 2am (going from Fresno to San Diego) then trade our Bette and pick up the new one. Then on the way back he will stop somewhere and spend the night in the new trailer then come home. We’ve done some measuring and have been making sure to rearrange to ensure they both fit in the garage.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,331 Member
    Did Jillian Michaels 10 Minute Body Transformation DVD then took a walk. Want to aerate the grass in a few small places and then I know Vince would like me to decorate the small tree in the kitchen so I’ll probably do that. Not sure why I keep putting it off. Bowling tomorrow and then we won’t go to ceramics since we’ll be handing out candy. Don’t know how many kids we’ll get since we don’t have many (actually, none which surprises me). Update: decorated this morning

I’m going to call the dentist tomorrow. My thinking right now is that the wisdom tooth is infected and needs to be taken out. We shall see. I do keep eating soft foods Like yogurt, applesauce etc. Any other ideas? Soup is one Update: it feels much better now. I actually had half a raw carrot and it didn’t hurt any. Maybe it just took time. If it keeps up like this, I won’t call the dentist

M – congrats on the new addition! Good luck tomorrow! Stay safe

Spritzing out but I still went for my walk. I’m sure I can still aerate and seed the grass later today. Nice in that I won’t even have to water!

Heather – we change our clocks next weekend. Boo. Have a great time on the cruise! Looking forward to pics

I love to exercise as you know. But I am finding that the older I get, I’m not as fast. Like I won’t do any plyo.

Kim – I’m so sorry to hear of your test. What prompted your taking a test? I don’t remember you saying anything about feeling bad.

Cathy – welcome! Most of the ladies on this thread just come here for the support (of which you get a lot)

Lisa – good luck to you Wed. I’ll be thinking of you. Sure hope it works and you’re feeling better

Decorated the small tree in the kitchen, so I think Vince is happy. We shall see if he helps aerate or not

Debbie – let’s hope and pray that it isn’t skin cancer

Aerated, seeded, and put down straw where needed. Vince did help after a while. Looks like I won’t be able to go for my walk tonight (boo) Update: did get to go, although it did get dark right before I got home

Rori – so good you popped in. Those strawberries look to-die-for. Have fun in Maui! Would love to live vicariously thru you like I do Heather. Would you believe I’ve never heard of Dia de los Muertos but reading the link you posted, it’s very interesting. Tomorrow is All Souls Day and then All Saints Day

katla – I’m so sorry for your husband. What kind of procedure is he having?

Off to bed.

Michele NC