glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    edited October 2022
    _Dan1985 wrote: »
    @glassyo - I KNEW this thread would summon you :D

I'm here way too much :)
  • avatiach
    avatiach Posts: 291 Member
    edited October 2022
    Yeah, that annoyed me too, but that pushed me to do the one-month free trial, and I have to say, I *really* like not having the ads...
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    edited October 2022
    Oh yeah. - those ads a *kitten* right?!
  • carolmoore31
    carolmoore31 Posts: 1 Member
    This feature has been free for years and now they want to charge for it? Looking for a new app, not paying for this. Bad business decision
  • hissally20
    hissally20 Posts: 3 Member
    edited October 2022
    avatiach wrote: »
    Yeah, that annoyed me too, but that pushed me to do the one-month free trial, and I have to say, I *really* like not having the ads...

I did one month free as well but I can't see paying the price a year, when I also have a fitbit too.
  • arbor419
    arbor419 Posts: 8 Member
    edited October 2022
    Do we have to have premium to use the barcode for tracking?
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,098 Member
    edited October 2022
    Yes, they changed it to premium recently.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,408 Member
    edited October 2022
    If it’s any comfort, I scanned two foods today- a Trader Joe’s product and a common hamburger bun.

The TJ item was wrong, and the bun returned something in Turkish.

That’s been my experience over and over so I seldom bother to scan. Searching by name returns more accurate choices, usually just as quickly.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    edited October 2022
    If it’s any comfort, I scanned two foods today- a Trader Joe’s product and a common hamburger bun.

That’s been my experience over and over so I seldom bother to scan. Searching by name returns more accurate choices, usually just as quickly.

Yup, and I figure that if I have the barcode, I have the packet, so I have the nutritional info. Definitely not worth the $129 (?!?!) a year they want for Premium.
  • rlty11
    rlty11 Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2022
    Does anyone know if MFP no longer lets you scan barcodes in the free version???
  • Carriehelene
    Carriehelene Posts: 178 Member
    edited October 2022
    No, premium version only.
  • marilovesyou
    marilovesyou Posts: 1 Member
    Anyone know of free apps that track? Not just a free trial for 7 days. This app totally became a disappointment
  • johurst2014
    johurst2014 Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2022
    EDIT: not sure how to delete post but I see people already posted about this so you can ignore :-)

Hi just wondering if something changed in the app, I used to use the scan barcode option all the time in the logging of food without needing to pay for the premium subscription but now when I select that button it goes to the free trial screen, did something change recently and I missed a post? I swear I used it less than 2 weeks ago with no problem :-( I’m really trying to not pay for the premium subscription but love the scan barcode when logging food so may have to buy it
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    edited October 2022

Same. I scanned a Dutch loaf of white bread yesterday evening and got cinnamon candy from the Middle East or so. Basically the scanning has been about 4 failures in 5 attempts for me.
  • can111
    can111 Posts: 63 Member
    edited October 2022
    I view it as a money grab. Their annual fee is so high also.
  • ehju0901
    ehju0901 Posts: 353 Member
    edited October 2022
    I've swapped to logging my foods on the Fitbit app. The scanner doesn't work as well as MFP's, but it works well enough for me to use it for free.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    edited October 2022
    It’s just mine Valentine’s Day and Christmas- the corporate money grabs never stop !!! Damn the man
This discussion has been closed.