Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2022

Replies

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    Hi!

I've been floundering a bit- not sticking to the habits that make me successful. Christmas is exactly a month away and I am determined not to procrastinate getting back to good habits. I want to make this time count!

Lisa
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW: 225.8
    CW: 231

LTD: 17
  • trooworld
    @GabiV125 Nice and simple! I like that!

@laurelfit57 Oh gosh, I'm sorry that cold is still lingering. :( I still have my cough from my flu or cold, too, and it's been 3 weeks. Have fun with the grandkiddos!

@DrewsAnna That sounds like a lot of love and a lot of fun! I'm glad it went well.

@davidji82 Hi. I congratulate you on a loss on the day after Thanksgiving. I don't know how people that lose after the big day do it. Of course, maybe you aren't in the US or don't celebrate. Either way, congrats!

@Cornanda I, too, had a gain (a very large one though). I'm also jelly of those losers! :D I also have to buckle down or I'm going to slide into a very bad place.

Hi all. I had a great day yesterday. I didn't have a second plate of that delicious food but we brought leftovers home for about 2 meals if I don't give some of it away. I had a huge gain this week but I think it's mostly Thanksgiving fluff as @Cornanda says. Enjoy your Friday and if you shop on Black Friday, good luck!

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 282 Member
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 238
    CW: 237
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,047 Member
    I can no longer not do anything. I ve had enough of being stagnant. I stumbled across some free plan advice. it's supposed to be customized for me. I read it and it's not customized. I went over all of my notes through the years and it may not be pro but it's definitely SHMOO!!!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Weigh Day
    Bethanie0825
    Day - Friday
    PW - 239
    CW - 239.6

Great job placing 2nd last week!! I'm still stalled but I've slacked the past week. Nothing crazy at all but just said 'eff it' till Sunday. It is super frustrating but kinda letting it fall back has let me enjoy these few days.

We did our big meal today and tomorrow is the Ohio State be game so they'll be leftovers and snacks.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    @shaunarlr83 Happy Thanksgiving, hope you had a great time with your family!

@DrewsAnna I'm in the Sacramento area, CA. Love the Thanksgiving poem! I always say after family things I'm physically exhausted but my heart and soul are filled with love from being with them. I feel the same about my family, I'd be lost without them.

@laurelfit57 That cold is being stubborm about leaving you! Enjoy the grandkids!

@Cornanda You can do this, maybe it's time to start thinking of the next challenge with some doable goals?

@trooworld Glad you had a wonderful day!

@19shmoo69 What are you up to next?

@bethanie0825 So Monday it's on? You got this, enjoy your weekend then let's make our next month amazing!

Hi team, had a great Thanksgiving with my family and Bill, he survived hanging out with all of us and meeting the folks. I didn't have seconds either, fun to hear how we're all getting better with time at this! I woke up today with a cold and went back to bed after having coffee but did do a short workout plus we're doing a yoga challenge while Bill's here and we did that while dinner was cooking. Feeling better than this morning thank goodness! Have a great Saturday team!
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Weekly weigh in:

PW:74.7
    CW:74.7

Hi everyone, pretty okay with staying the same this week. In my mind I have sort of backed off a little - after hitting my first goal I’ve felt a bit like just seeing if I could maintain it I guess. Of course i’d like to keep losing, but have also started thinking about how to realistically manage myself over the holiday period. While my overarching goal is to continue losing weight, I think I will be satisfied if I can maintain below the 75kg mark until Feb 1st. I’m assuming there will be some weeks in this window that I gain but if I can alternate them with losses, I’m thinking my overall should more or less hold steady.

There is more to be said on what’s going on in my mind lately but that’s all time will allow for now. Apologies for not being more active. Hope everyone is having a great time 😊
  • Ftofit
    Ftofit Posts: 160 Member
    Username: ftofit
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW: 161.2
    CW: 161.8

It was a stressful week at work .i feel so dizzy and lightheaded .i ate so much junk food .i was hoping a gain of 2-3 lbs .feel grateful for only 0.6lb.
    i have seen one thing in weight loss process sometimes we work really hard ,exercised,made good food choices then the scale shows gain ,this happened to me some months ago and i was so frustated that i thought what is the benefit of doing all this hard work .i should eat whatever i want .i was craving for spicy deep fried snacks and binge watching my favourite series instead of exercising.the next time i checked my weight the result was i gained more lbs.i joined this group that time then i know about it happens with everyone sometimes you lose sometimes you gains .the scale dont always shows the right result.So i dont pay attention to what the number is on the scale and keep focusing on the right choices i could make to lose weight and be a healthy person.i give treats to myself once-twice in a week and eat whatever i want but in small portions and a lazy day with no extra exercise only household works.
  • trooworld
    @davors19 Bravo for a loss after Thanksgiving! Well done!

@19shmoo69 Hugs, Darren. You can do this! We are here to support you, so please speak up if you need some help/advice/support! You've got this.

@Katmary71 Thank you, yes it was! I'm glad you had a good day, too. I'm sorry you have a cold. I'm glad you are feeling better.

@Tamevv Staying the same is practice for maintenance, so that's not bad!

@Ftofit Sorry about your stressful week. That's great you were anticipating a big gain but only had a small one. That's really frustrating when you do all the right things and then a gain.

Hi all. I had a pretty lazy day yesterday, I got groceries and came home and crafted and then decorated some for Christmas. I bought Daisy this dress. Have a great Saturday!

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"

dh2uw7s3rcul.jpg

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Username: gemwolf110
    Weigh in week: 4
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 224.4
    Todays Weight: 226.6
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    The November Week 5 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, November 27th! Join us as we spend a little time taking care of ourselves with Self-Care Bingo and prepare for a fun holiday season (which usually contains a little stress). Enjoy!

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10878493/november-week-5-group-challenge-self-care-for-holiday-stress#latest

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :blush:
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,741 Member
    Username: Digger61
    Weigh in week: 4
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 213
    Today's Weight: 213
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 773 Member
    Sunday weigh in. I’m sorry I’ve been MIA! Sick kids.

PW: 220
    CW: 219.4

At least it’s a tiny step in the right direction.
  • trooworld
    Hi all. I am going to get some exercise in today, I'm going to the zoo with my friend and then we are going to lunch somewhere. It should be fun. Have a great Sunday!

• 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 281
    C. W. 282

I will take that!!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,901 Member
    The sign-up for December is open - if you have any friends you'd like to invite, or if you are on any forums or discussions where people seem to be searching for what we have, feel free to share!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10878530/registration-for-new-members-december-2022#latest
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

zpjr2c29h6zq.png
    hnn9sekhpo9z.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    8po8uszqwema.png

By Pounds
    eyjv80jym8nl.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    l1p1u87dsmmm.png

By Pounds
    zqkwnq2egaeu.png
    cw8ck9z1w73b.png

Team Winners
    cu2l9bedh4yi.png
  • 19shmoo69
    Im not bragging but my Fitbit said i got 150 active minutes during church service this morning.
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 356 Member
    I'm so sorry I didn't weigh in yesterday. We went on a little get away to Florida for the holiday and I completely forgot about it. Hubby is still on the mend but not 100 percent. Hope everyone had an awesome Thanksgiving. Blessings!!

PS.. I will get on that scale next week for I'm afraid I ate like I was on vacation. B)
This discussion has been closed.